paying via WU

Carl1000

First time I've sent money via WU.

Use cash, I assume? Will I have to show ID for a domestic transfer? Any other things I should know?

Carl1000 said:
First time I've sent money via WU.

Use cash, I assume? Will I have to show ID for a domestic transfer? Any other things I should know?

i use cash only. I don't think id is required if the transfer is >1,000.00. other than that it's a walk in the park.

You dont have to show ID unless its over a certain amount as stated above even if its intermational.

Like Bigfood said as long as it's under 1000 you dont need to show ID. Also a tip just incase you dont have comonsence You do not tell the wu teller what you are sending the monef for. It's not his bizz were you send it but if he did ask and you want to give him an answer just tell him your sending a family member money thats on vacation or back packing across europe or something like that.

You allowed to use Money Gram?there a lot cheaper than WU.
If You use cash they don't ask for any I.D only If you use a credit card.

Also,,,,,,i know its somewhat of a risk, but I give them my real name and telephone number. If you don't its possible you will lose your money if there is a screw up and cant get to the destination or the source for some reason can't pick it up. I sent money once, and the clerk made some kind of mistake, I can't even remember what it was. But the WU people wouldn't even talk to me unless I called from the telephone number I gave. So it might be a risk, but then again, its not illegal to send someone money.

bigbodymingle said:
Legally they cant ask you what the money if for.

Sure they can. There is no law preventing them from doing it. Its not their policy to ask, but they could change their policy at any time.

nickd84 said:
You dont have to show ID unless its over a certain amount as stated above even if its intermational.

you are incorrect................i sent oney tonight int. and had to show id for 137.00

american dream said:
you are incorrect................i sent oney tonight int. and had to show id for 137.00

Wow that's not the Norm pal. I guess you just found the first WU office that checks ID's no matter what the Dollar Amt. And I would guess that each privetly owened wu store can altametly make there own rules. Most of the WU offices are inside a grocery store or supermarket around were I am.

Slayer said:
Also,,,,,,i know its somewhat of a risk, but I give them my real name and telephone number. If you don't its possible you will lose your money if there is a screw up and cant get to the destination or the source for some reason can't pick it up. I sent money once, and the clerk made some kind of mistake, I can't even remember what it was. But the WU people wouldn't even talk to me unless I called from the telephone number I gave. So it might be a risk, but then again, its not illegal to send someone money.

Well I'll addmit I use my real name and cell#.. It's not like I haven't been sending money for well over 5 years to my same guy. Although once or i did order something from a strange source and I still used my real name. I guess i have this attatude why the hell would any LE even waste there time busting me .

Last edited:
rocko419 said:
Well I'll addmit I use my real name and cell#.. It's not like I haven't been sending money for well over 5 years to my same guy. Although once or twice i did order something from a strange source and I still used my real name. I guess i have this attatude why the hell would any LE even waste there time busting me .

If something goes wrong,,,,there is no other way to get your money back.

I have sent money internationally several times and I have never been asked to show ID. Each time I sent less than 1000 dollars

I'd be REAL careful bro!! Even if you did it a couple of times and nothing happened I would still discontinue.

Use Western Union/ Money Gram... having that shit arrive in the mail from thailand or whatever is sketchy enough!

If i was to send 137. and they asked me for id, i would find another place to do it. You don't have to show id for anything 1000. or less. The person must not have known what they were doing, lol! It it printed right on the document. Also why would you use your real name?? there shouldn't be a screwup if you have it sent to the right name and addy.

Back