Pectorial problem?

Vasquez5811

Here is my deal. Ever since i can remember when i do chest my right side always gets a full pump and my left pec does not. my left pec is not a defined as my right or as hard. No matter what i do i cant get past this. Ive had my form looked at and everything and no one sees whats wrong. I seem to use my left shoulder and it looks a lil bigger than my right one due to the fact im using it while benching, by doing that my left is never as sore as my right pec and not as defined. is there anything i can do? i try to do dumbells and i still feel my shoulder taking the workout away from my left pec. any different exercises i can do any help would be great. this is really discouraging and sometimes makes me want to stop lifting due to the imbalance.

Dumbbells seems like it would be the better choice. Have you tried squeezing motions instead of lifting. I mean, focus on flexing the pecs through the whole lifting movement.

You can try using a pec fly machine or push-press machine at your gym, but only use your left pec - do not use your right. Incorporate this into your workout somehow, maybe put it as the last thing you do on chest day, but I think this is the only way you can balance your left pec with your right one.

Winter said:
You can try using a pec fly machine or push-press machine at your gym, but only use your left pec - do not use your right. Incorporate this into your workout somehow, maybe put it as the last thing you do on chest day, but I think this is the only way you can balance your left pec with your right one.
sounds good :)
also genetics is a bummer lol almost everyone has some differences from left to right side and some peoples is worse than others so you may ONLY be able to help the problem and not fix it . also try slowing down your pressing movements for a little while to better focus on the muscle groups.

Back