Permanent shut down Myth or Not?

GrandBeard

JuniorBB
Hello,
This has nothing to do with me but im curious.
Some think that getting permanent shut down is impossible and that eventually you will produce some natural testosterone after stopping Steroids(even if you had been on cycle for years), maybe low but you will recover a bit.
What are your thoughts on that?

Hello,
This has nothing to do with me but im curious.
Some think that getting permanent shut down is impossible and that eventually you will produce some natural testosterone after stopping Steroids(even if you had been on cycle for years), maybe low but you will recover a bit.
What are your thoughts on that?
it all depends on how bad you damaged your system. what was the previous cycle and how was it run. dosages, and compounds.

Its def possible, I have seen it. Its not as easy to do as people say though, you would have to really try :)

Sometimes I wonder if using suppressive compounds expedites the eventual failure of the HPTA we will all experience. For instance, lets say a guy never used anything and his HPTA craps out at 48 years old. Before this his T was def not optimal but at 48 he is at the end of the slope and he is under 200 ng/dl.

Take that same guy and have him do AAS for 7 years in his twenties, maybe he will crap out at 38 instead of 48. So think of your HPTA life cycle as an hour glass, and AAS makes the sand fall faster.

But its hard to get a bead on the specifics because not everyone craps out at the same age, even if they never use anything. Many other things come into play in regards to how long your HPTA will function optimally, like genetics, diet, exercise and other health conditions.

Hope this makes sense :)

You can see lots of examples in these boards though with newbies pinning whatever they can get their hands on oral only cycles etc.

I just found it interesting to ask because i thought that it was really easy to get the pernament shut down until i read that most do recover but after their cycle because the test is a bit low they are afraid of never recovering so they get on trt and etc

Interesting thread, I am under the assumption that the human body can heal virtual anything if it’s put in the right healing environment. Whether it’s diabetes, heart disease or cancer and this goes for the endocrine system as well.
But people lack the understanding of how to put the human body in a healing state.
Most people that are trying to heal their bodies just want a pill to fix everything, that’s not how it works, if you take away all the toxins we ingest, nutritionalize and remove the body stressers it will heal.
But we have people that can’t even understand stand why soda pop and hydrogenated oils is killing them, and just forget about these people understanding about gut health and how deeply it impacts everything including your hormone response.

I have Personally talked with many Young Guys who Damaged their HPTA to the point of being Permanently on TRT.
And I'm talking in their Mid-20's.
Some from AAS, and some from the now Banned in the U.S. ~ Prohormones.

So while Not Completely Shut Down ~ Normal Function was Damaged to the point of No Return.............................. JP

I know a guy who damaged his HPTA with heavy gear use and after a few years he recovered and even got his wife pregnant again.

I know a guy who damaged his HPTA with heavy gear use and after a few years he recovered and even got his wife pregnant again.

So heres the deal about that in that HCG treatment after issues coming up after a cycle in blood test with low T and high E2 issues that your own HTPA will restart sooner or later, cant over do it on HCG.

Last edited:
Define total shutdown :)

Are we talking extremely low values or no production at all?
My gut tells me that you'll never be able to stop your body from producing any testo at all. Even if that would be 50-100ng/dl.

Dave Palumbo did an insane amount of gear for ten years straight, he’s quite open about this, he went totally natural and everything came back.

Back