pH and gear...........

bigwise1

i just pissed on a pH strip and i am at the bottom of the scale! totally acidic. i'm on my 8th week of prop and 2 week of tren. does gear effect pH and what can i take to get my body slightly more alkaline?

Bro what does that have anything to do with the pH of urine? I really thought you were joking when you posted this. I mean, what twisted logic could actually lead you to a) piss on a pH strip b) be surprised at the result and c) blame it on gear?

Allow me to dig up a convenient post by SWALE:

"Let me clear up this "acidity" issue. Your pH is normally between 7.40 and 7.44. The world of chemistry tells us that a pH of 7.0 is the breakpoint between acid and base, with the lower number being acid, and higher than 7.0 being alkaline (base). Therefore your body is already quite alkaline, because pH is a logarithmic scale (each single unit is actually a factor, or multiplier, of 10, i.e. a pH of 6 is ten times more acidic than a pH of 7). Therefore, it is impossible to drive your pH into an acidic state. In fact, when pH hits 7.38, the pH is no longer compatible with life. That means you will die.

There is another, and perhaps more important, perspective on this. The body is built to maintain pH within this very narrow range. It does this through several mechanisms, beginning with altering respiration (which happens within seconds), and finishing with changes in how the kidneys handle electrolytes (which takes several days). Should you consume ANY substance which would drive pH even to the edge of "normal' range, then you are destroying the body's fortitude to maintain homeostasis in a changing environment."

Sorry for any misunderstanding. :D

RB

Last edited:
hey, rb no problem. i think the trens kicking in:). thats a good read. did you read the link that i posted? they both have valid points. don't know what to think. the dr. in the thread i posted said to try a blend of 50%potassium citrate, 25% calcium citrate, 25% magnesium citrate. i don't see how it could hurt so i'm probably going to try it. found some cheap citrates at vitamin shoppe.

Last edited:
Back