pins and metal detectors lol

supergirl

ok.. i know this is gonna sound stupid lol.. but for real.. will insulin pins set off a metal detector in the airports? i would assume NO, but ya never know.. so i was wondering if anyone has experienced this or what..

thanks
supes :)

I really doubt they would................but then again I always put my pins in my checked luggage so I'm not 100% sure.

I put mine in my checked luggage to be safe. Unless you have to take it on the flight for some reason, you would be better off that way. Chances are all your shit would get checked and your 'loot' would get seized.

gymphreak said:
just throw in a bottle of insulin in your carry on, and wallaaa...ur a diabetic...

um... that is part of the situation... no checking of bags of any sort, business trip, not a vaca! but there is an insulin diabetic kit... BUT do you need a script to carry it onboard? or just pack the pins? or put them in a pocket etc?
just wondering if that light pin would actually set those off... seems like they wouldn't...

thanks for the help thus far...

anyone take them through the detectors? lol... thanks

One probably no...more than one yes, also depending what kind of units that particular aiport uses for its detection I would assume they are very sensitive... to pick up even something as small as a pin.

This may sound funny but my grandma and aunt traveled last year and actually got stopped and asked about the pins in their luggage. I am not sure if the metal detector set it off or if it was randomly checked, either way they did not have a script and they passed through with their stuff

One thing to remember is that they do take some people to the side and use those sweeping detectors on them. It just seems too risky to carry them, but if they go through luggage they will either not notice or probably assume your diabetic. Just make a point of having them positioned in a way that won't draw attention (i.e. stickin in a bottle of insulin)

cannonball666 said:
if they were that sensitive, then wouldnt they go off from a zipper on blue jeans? i would think you would be fine.

Again it all depends on how they are set how sensitive they are......hell they can pick up the metal eyelets on shoes, underwire on a bra! So it all depends! That's were the hand wand comes in to play.

Back