Post up YOUR opinion & experience with Glucosamine + Chondroitin

STAUNCHED427

Elite Juicer
Hey fellas,

Just wondering what your experience with Glucosamine, more specifically Glucoasmine with Chondroitin is on joint pain etc.

We all know it's a hotly debated topic, but from what I have found is that more often than not people find that Glucosamine alone doesn't do a lot in terms of healing joint pain and stiffness but Glucosamine in combination with Chondroitin (and even MSM) works wonders. I have always been under the impression that you need to have both to achieve anything other than placebo or a mild healing effect at best.

I have started supplementing it to see if it helps in terms of my knee pain that I get during and after squatting (weak glutes play a major role in this which I am working on), occasional shoulder pain when doing BB bench especially incline and just for all round joint support. I have a blend of 1500mg Glucosamine HCl and 100mg Chondroitin Sulfate (this being a little on the low side IIRC but it's all I have for the time being) + 50mg Proline and 200mg Ginger extract and am going to give it a shot and see how things go over the long-term.

So what's your opinions and experiences on it, yay or nay? Doses and when effects were noticed would be good too.

Cheers,
Staunch

The evidence shows they MAY have a SLIGHT benefit but it's not much. I've tried them and noticed a small benefit but it could have been placebo. For the money I was spending on them to get a decent dose i couldn't justify the cost (wanted to run 2500+ Gluc) but I didn't look around much for cheaper brands. Maybe you can find them. Either way here's a good read on them:

Glucosamine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

Chondroitin - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

Methylsulfonylmethane - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

Cheers Dre!

Not that anyone could answer this, but I've also been wondering the effect Deca or EQ has in combination with Glucosamine and Chondrotion... Wish there were studies done on the two combined, at best I could see them being synergistic? Although the topic of Deca and collagen synthesis is another controversial one in itself.

I wouldn't mind adding a real low dose of Deca to my TRT to see what it does, I'm talking 100mg a week max.

Cheers Dre!

Not that anyone could answer this, but I've also been wondering the effect Deca or EQ has in combination with Glucosamine and Chondrotion... Wish there were studies done on the two combined, at best I could see them being synergistic? Although the topic of Deca and collagen synthesis is another controversial one in itself.

I wouldn't mind adding a real low dose of Deca to my TRT to see what it does, I'm talking 100mg a week max.

I forget if deca increases synovial fluid in the knee or makes it more viscous to better lubricate but you're not going to see that study soon lol. I doubt it at least.

Collagen synthesis is overrated with deca. It's possible to make the issue worse (tendons ligaments) with deca and that has been found in the research. If you do plan to use it for that you have to be careful not to use more than necessary as that was one of the main situations it was found to have negative tendon health.

I first started using this supplement combo after an injury caused Costochondritis. I strongly believe it helped in the recovery process, since I fully recovered in about a month and a half when I've heard it can take over a year to recover from. About two months ago I started supplementing again, and my joint pain has decreased significantly. I can't directly attribute the joint pain improvement to it, but it surely didn't hurt. If you have joint discomfort or feel you have weak connective tissue, I'd definitely recommend taking this.

Ive used it a few times with mixed results. I feel like my joint paint is related to weak or tight muscles, so who knows what is helping or hurting it.

I have been using for years. I definitely noticed a big difference when I came off of it one time for two weeks so I know it helps. I take this along with high dosed fish oil. Definitely improves joint pain but it doesn't fix everything. I like forged joint repair from n2bm. It also included cissus in it.

Zero loss joint support from Mr supps is the best of its kind iv used, dosed very well, containing many ingredient that other don't and very well priced too. A huge bag lasts forever :D

Back