Roche ECLIA methodology.
According to the American Urological Association, Serum PSA should
decrease and remain at undetectable levels after radical
prostatectomy. The AUA defines biochemical recurrence as an initial
PSA value 0.2 ng/mL or greater followed by a subsequent confirmatory
PSA value 0.2 ng/mL or greater.
Values obtained with different assay methods or kits cannot be used
interchangeably. Results cannot be interpreted as absolute evidence
of the presence or absence of malignant disease.
Cortisol 13.8 ug/dL 01
Cortisol AM 6.2 - 19.4
Cortisol PM 2.3 - 11.9
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 153 ng/mL 54 - 194 03
Testosterone, Serum 1270 High ng/dL 264 - 916 01
**Please note reference interval change**
Adult male reference interval is based on a population of
healthy nonobese males (BMI <30) between 19 and 39 years old.
Travison, et.al. JCEM 2017,102;1161-1173. PMID: 28324103.
Free Testosterone(Direct) 25.6 High pg/mL 7.2 - 24.0 03
LH 0.1 Low mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6 01
FSH 0.2 Low mIU/mL 1.5 - 12.4 01

Estradiol is 46.2 range 7.6-42.6

hematocrit is 53.6 RBC is 5.95

as stated in previous post i am a cyclist 5-10 157lbs i take 1cc cypionate per week split into 2 shots also Anastrozole .5mg 2x per week

this blood was taken in the morning fasting 5 days after last shot of test

looks like you need just a little more adex. when were these labs taken in reference to your last injection

update redid thyroid test and numbers came back normal range so only the high estrogen and high hematocrit exist still tired sex drive not normal

Good to hear from a fellow cyclist. I'm 5'7", 147 lbs, 75 yo, and cycle over 4000 mi/year.

Looking at your blood results, HCT is too high. You should donate blood.

HDL is great. LDL is a little on the high side.

Your test dose is above average and so is your test blood level, but I am very close to your values and am getting great results. I usually take about 140 - 160 mg/week (2 SC injections/week), and my blood levels are about 1200 just before my nest injection. No problems with HCT (I donate occasionally), blood lipids (I have taken medication before starting TRT), heart rate, or blood pressure (also with medication started long before TRT).

TRT has greatly improved my cycling. Before starting TRT 4 years ago I was just average when riding with other cyclists my age. Now I am among the best, usually faster than almost all the cyclists 10 to 20 years younger than me. And I love to attack hills. Very few people can match me on a hill. So I suspect your fatigue must have some other cause than TRT.

Your estradiol is high which could cause problems with sexual functioning. Supposedly, the right dose of anastrozole can help, but I never had much luck in getting it right. Instead I opted for a pharmaceutical treatment that works great for me.

Last edited:
Good to hear from a fellow cyclist. I'm 5'7", 147 lbs, 75 yo, and cycle over 4000 mi/year.

Looking at your blood results, HCT is too high. You should donate blood.

HDL is great. LDL is a little on the high side.

Your test dose is above average and so is your test blood level, but I am very close to your values and am getting great results. I usually take about 140 - 160 mg/week (2 SC injections/week), and my blood levels are about 1200 just before my nest injection. No problems with HCT (I donate occasionally), blood lipids (I have taken medication before starting TRT), heart rate, or blood pressure (also with medication started long before TRT).

TRT has greatly improved my cycling. Before starting TRT 4 years ago I was just average when riding with other cyclists my age. Now I am among the best, usually faster than almost all the cyclists 10 to 20 years younger than me. And I love to attack hills. Very few people can match me on a hill. So I suspect your fatigue must have some other cause than TRT.

Your estradiol is high which could cause problems with sexual functioning. Supposedly, the right dose of anastrozole can help, but I never had much luck in getting it right. Instead I opted for a pharmaceutical treatment that works great for me.
wow your doing a great job at your age of 75, good on you, hope I can still kick it like that when im that age. If I make it :)

in hashimotos thyroiditis people can experience periods of hyperthyroidism, euthroidism and hypothyroidism. Unless your experimenting with cytomel ur FT3 shouldnt be 8. Its good that a followup produced normal values but it merits further investigation. quests TPO and TGAB antibody test is cheaper, and labcorps TSI test is cheaper. Id do the TPO and TGAB first. Then id try to talk ur doctor into scheduling a thyroid ultrasound. If free t3 is high again then you need to do the TSI test. Your values are out of whack, ignoring the free t3/t4 tests, your total t4 and total t3 is functionally low. You can find a full thyroid screen for around 100 dollars from a quest reseller, it has TSH, FT3, ReverseT3, FT4, TPO, TGAB. Free t3 needs to be at the top end of the labrange but not over, Reverse t3 needs to be single digitis, Free T4 should be just below half of labrange, and antibodies need to be low. Id order the labwork yourself because most doctors will not order the right labwork even if you give them a list of what you want on paper/email.

Sounds like you are getting some good advice. Hematocrit is high, so donate blood. E2 is just a tiny bit too high, you can increase your Adex dose, but not very much at all - maybe something like go from 1mg per week 0.5 mg E3.5D to 0.5mg E3D.

when do you plan on donating blood? and great to see someone kicking it good at the age of 75. keep it up!

Back