pregnancy

texgrl

hi girls! i have a question for the gurus here, hope someone has an answer. i have a girlfriend who just recently found out she was pregnant. she works out very sporadically, mostly cardio when she does. she was on a low carb diet before she found out she was pregnant. right now, she's experiencing all the negatives of pregnancy, extremely tired, emotional, morning sickness etc. my question is mostly regarding diet. should she up the carbs a little and maybe add some more simple carbs to raise her energy level? its really beating her and her hubby down.

thanks in advance!

Tex...I've been a rather low carb person all my life. I upped the protein and cals during my term! Small meals thru out the day! Hell, up the carbs a bit. She needs to be eating for her and her baby now!

Is she taking those pre-natal vits? Damn, those ought to kick her in the ass soon! I loved those damn vits. I swear my hair and nails grow 6 inches everynight! lol If you knew me, my hair and nails grow fast anyways, but they realllly look off!

She'll go thru the first 2 or 3 months feeling tired as hell. It's normal! POWER NAPS ARE GIFTS FROM THE GODS DURING THIS TIME!

Go buy her the book, " What to eat when you're expecting" Has a ton of recipes! It'll also give her some guidelines on how to nourish herself for a healthy pregnancy!

Hope this helps!

Back