Present Diet Critique for Upcoming Winter Season/Bulk

Ironliver

Young And Gettin' It
Guys,

Just getting back to the forum after being away for a few years. I've never stopped the hustle since though!! I'm looking for some critique on my diet. My eating is pretty flexible and is never solid and followed all the time, but thats what i'd like to work at achieving. Winter is on it's way and i'd like to throw on some good mass. I've always trained like a freak but my diet is the only part lacking to get me on the gain train. Choooo choooooo. I do have a main focus of bringing up my legs and would like to try and do them twice a week as well.

Stats:
6'2"
192 lbs
21 years old
BF% unknown.
Hardgainer.

Training Routine:
If you want a detailed split of my workouts I can provide it, I can tell you its balls out for usually an hour and a half.

Mon: Chest w/ cardio & abs
Tue: Back
Wed: Shoulders w/ cardio & abs
Thur: Legs & calves
Fri: Arms w/ cardio & abs

Diet:
I'll provide my main meals that I generally eat. I usually mix them up with different carb/protein combinations to change it up.

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, half cup egg whites, 2/3 cup oatmeal, water.
Meal 2: 1 cup 0% greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar free vanilla yogurt, 1 banana, almonds.
Meal 3: 8oz lean ground beef, 1 cup brown rice, broccoli
Meal 4: 1 apple, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 whole wheat bagel.
Meal 5: 7oz chicken breast, pasta (40g carbs), beans
Gym
Meal 6: Steak (or tilapia, chicken), 1 whole sweet potato, protein shake, yogurt

This is about it for the day until the following morning hits. Sometimes i'll have snacks before bed which will be a granola bar or rice cakes.

I know i'm most likely missing some information you guys want. I didn't think I would go through including all the protein/fat/carb for my meals as I'm just looking to see where it could improve eating wise.

Also, if you guys would like up to date pictures as a reference let me know I can post.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I would like to get on the road to my first show when I know I'm ready.

Guys,

Just getting back to the forum after being away for a few years. I've never stopped the hustle since though!! I'm looking for some critique on my diet. My eating is pretty flexible and is never solid and followed all the time, but thats what i'd like to work at achieving. Winter is on it's way and i'd like to throw on some good mass. I've always trained like a freak but my diet is the only part lacking to get me on the gain train. Choooo choooooo. I do have a main focus of bringing up my legs and would like to try and do them twice a week as well.

Stats:
6'2"
192 lbs
21 years old
BF% unknown.
Hardgainer.

Training Routine:
If you want a detailed split of my workouts I can provide it, I can tell you its balls out for usually an hour and a half.

Mon: Chest w/ cardio & abs
Tue: Back
Wed: Shoulders w/ cardio & abs
Thur: Legs & calves
Fri: Arms w/ cardio & abs

Diet:
I'll provide my main meals that I generally eat. I usually mix them up with different carb/protein combinations to change it up.

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, half cup egg whites, 2/3 cup oatmeal, water.
Meal 2: 1 cup 0% greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar free vanilla yogurt, 1 banana, almonds.
Meal 3: 8oz lean ground beef, 1 cup brown rice, broccoli
Meal 4: 1 apple, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 whole wheat bagel.
Meal 5: 7oz chicken breast, pasta (40g carbs), beans
Gym
Meal 6: Steak (or tilapia, chicken), 1 whole sweet potato, protein shake, yogurt

This is about it for the day until the following morning hits. Sometimes i'll have snacks before bed which will be a granola bar or rice cakes.

I know i'm most likely missing some information you guys want. I didn't think I would go through including all the protein/fat/carb for my meals as I'm just looking to see where it could improve eating wise.

Also, if you guys would like up to date pictures as a reference let me know I can post.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I would like to get on the road to my first show when I know I'm ready.

Get that protein intake higher, depending on what part of Canada you live in, you can get good beef and deer meat. add more beans and real cheeses to your diet. Carry water and nuts around all day and eat take them as often as possible.

Make sure to also have a nice before bedtime meal easy on the grease heavy on the protein and carbs.
Make sure to load your plate up each and every breakfast and pour maple syrup on everything, :)
A pic would be good to see how you turn out when the winter is done.

Last edited:
Back