quad shot, infected?

cryptkeeper

will make you tap
every other quad shot has been fine, took a shot in the quad monday, yesterday and today its red, little swollen and has a fever. anything to worry about?

uhhhh... give it a few more days... ice it... and if the redness and pain don't go away then go to the clinic and tell them you think youmay have an abssess... they will put you on stuff called APO-CEPHALEX 500mg most likely... it's a strong antibiotic that they use for abssess... i dont htink you have anything to worry about if you're being clean when you shoot... probably just iritated... remember to ice it tho

thanks, i did deadlifts monday after my shot, something i never done before, maybe that aggravated it. ill keep it iced. thanks again

I had that happen to me too. Most of my quad shots go very well, but every now and then you get one that just kickes your ass. Took 10 days to heal but nothing ever came of it. I am sure you are fine.

cryptkeeper said:
every other quad shot has been fine, took a shot in the quad monday, yesterday and today its red, little swollen and has a fever. anything to worry about?

It would take longer then 2 days for an infection to become noticeable. Just keep an eye on it.

I'll add my two cents and ask a question too. I'v e had minor soreness from QV Cyp 250mg shots twice a week. I used calf, quad and glutes. Some redness some soreness, etc. Now though I'v e been using 300mg of Pharma RXL and t's insane! Two days after and injection it starts and I ger RED, HOT REALLY swollen and can't walk let alone train that area. I've iced and done advil but the swellng is hard to the touch and makes any area deformed. Try almost 2" in my calf! ( not that I'd mind that but my ankle and foot got about that that too! I went to the Doc but by the 5 th day it wasn't very warm or red just swolle badly and she said to watch for iany changes that might meantnfection .The shit works I've gained 10 lbs in about 2 weeks . I just ran out of spots to inject.
I have 2 bottles so I'm going to try the other one as a test. PS. I heat the syringe clean and double clean things , massage it with a warm washcloth and inject slowly.
Any thing else I can do??

Here's my opinion. If the site is hot there's a very good chance it could be an infection. Gear can be perfectly clean and you can pull in some bacteria from the surface of your skin, or from sweating on the fresh injection site after contact with bacteria on gym equipment or whatever. May only be a 50-50 chance it's infected, but if it is you can get in bad trouble very quickly if you don't have the infection cleaned out. I've known at least a few guys with big holes in their ass (extra holes I mean) from where an abcess had to be cut out. If you don't want to see the doctor maybe you know a nurse who can look at it and give his/her opinion.

Rob Scott said:
Here's my opinion. If the site is hot there's a very good chance it could be an infection. Gear can be perfectly clean and you can pull in some bacteria from the surface of your skin, or from sweating on the fresh injection site after contact with bacteria on gym equipment or whatever. May only be a 50-50 chance it's infected, but if it is you can get in bad trouble very quickly if you don't have the infection cleaned out. I've known at least a few guys with big holes in their ass (extra holes I mean) from where an abcess had to be cut out. If you don't want to see the doctor maybe you know a nurse who can look at it and give his/her opinion.

thankfully its just you opinion! have heat and swelling at a injection site is often or not just irritation from the substance your injecting, myself and lots of others get terrible heat and swelling from test prop, I personally avoid short esters like the plague as they always cripple me and the swelling and heat is unbarable, this lasts for about 3-4 days.
Like ABBOT said, give it a couple days if the swelling and heat doesn't go get yourself to a doc

I too also get these exact symptoms from my gear(Swollen+Redness+heat) My Winstrol (winny) cripples me the most; but my test enth and primo hurt about 1\ the time- I would stick with the bigger muscles though to inject. I tried my biceps\gastroc and could not move that muscle for like 2 days. Yes they do look all swollen after I shoot there but the pain is not worth the extra-size. Glad to hear this strange situation happens to others out there also-

TERESKAN said:
thankfully its just you opinion! have heat and swelling at a injection site is often or not just irritation from the substance your injecting, myself and lots of others get terrible heat and swelling from test prop, I personally avoid short esters like the plague as they always cripple me and the swelling and heat is unbarable, this lasts for about 3-4 days.
Like ABBOT said, give it a couple days if the swelling and heat doesn't go get yourself to a doc
and ---

SOMetimes an iritation to the gear is mistaken for an infection.-Roccodot440

I quoted thses guys so you would reread them. There is nothing I can add to these guys statements other than that they are well informed and true :rockband:

Back