Quest Diagnostics testosterone testing

Charlie Watts

Have any of y'all used Quest Diagnostics for testosterone testing?

I was looking at their tests on privatemdlabs and there are several different tests available.

I'm just looking to establish a baseline before I lose 50lbs or so. The plan is to check the testosterone and cholesterol levels before and after diet and exercise change. After get in shape planning on getting a physical and a cardiac work up.
I figure if I go to a doc now he'll just say I'm fat and have high cholesterol & BP.

Here are the offerings:

Testosterone, Free and Total, LC/MS/MS $80.49
Testosterone, Free, LC/MS/MS $74.49
Testosterone, Free, Bioavailable and Total, LC/MS/MS $95.49

Will the free/bioavailable & total, LC/MS/MS be good for a baseline?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you can afford it get the one for bodybuilders

if not then get the one that covers estrogen too

I appreciate the replies.

I ordered this one Friday evening: Testosterone, Free, Bioavailable and Total, LC/MS/MS $95.49

I used the privatemdlabs site.

When I went to the account(I had gotten blood work there in 2009) to print out the orders I found an un-retrieved results file from 2017 for blood work. Somehow I had got the orders, got the blood work done and never went back to the website for the results.

Turns out my T level were solidly in the teenage girl zone.

Total test: 252. (reference range 348-1197)
% free and weakly bound: 15.3 (ref range 9-46)
Free and weakly bound: 38.6 (ref range 40-250)

I'm going to get this new blood work this week and then lose 50-60 lbs and get it done again.

Should I start TRT now or wait until I get the fat off and in better shape?

Any chance of finding a Doc to get a TRT prescription for 300mg/week of Test and an anti Estrogen? I'm not asking for a source, just wondering if it's in the realm of possibility?

I don't want to go crazy(58 years old) but when I lose the extra fat I'll be 6'-2 and 185 lbs. I should be able to get back to 200-210lbs with a little help, a good diet and workout. I was 205lbs back in the day when I worked out/ate right, and fairly lean.

Back