Question about Bacteriostatic Water

SantaCruz

This is probably a stupid question, but can a vial of 0.9% Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride be used in the same matter as a vial of 0.9% benzyl alcohol BAC to mix hCG?

From what I recall the saline solution shortens the shelf life of the HCG once reconstituted when compared to regular bacteriostatic water. I'll need to do some reading, this is just going from memory. I make my own bacteriostatic water.

How much does it shorten the shelf life, is 2 months considered a long time?
How do you make your BAC, just introduce benzyl alcohol into a vial of sterile water?

Last edited:
SC can alow for bacteria growth in 45 days or so. Just get BAC water or make your own. It's far too easy.

I can't find a good source for BAC/benzyl alchol and syringes, I'd like to get everything from one site.

Any ideas on where I can get everything from one supplier?

Last edited:
How much does it shorten the shelf life, is 2 months considered a long time?
How do you make your BAC, just introduce benzyl alcohol into a vial of sterile water?

1-2ml of benzyl alcohol in 50ml of distilled/demineralised water filtered through a Whatman syringe filter into a large vial. Easy.

Since I have the whole community in here. What's the suggest needle size? 23 gauge to draw it out then 25 to inject? Do basically all syringe's have replaceable needles? (I think I'm ordering mine from a vet supply site) Can I draw my HCG and Test out in the same needle? If so, how does this work without putting a vacuum on one of the vials.

You can draw one in, then pull in more air before drawing the other. It's best to draw more air than you need. Push like 0.1 ml short into the second vial so you don't mix some of one in to the other vial.

I like to draw with a 21 and pin with a 25. I get mine from direct line medical. Order the syringes with the draw needles on them, and separate pin needles. You should also get alcohol wipes and maybe a sharps container while you're at it. And maybe slin pins for HCG if you want to go that way instead.

You can combine hCG and testosterone into the same barrel. You should avoid injecting the same day if you're using for TRT purposes, otherwise it's fine. If you combine them, use a 23 to 25g, 1 inch needle. If you decide to inject subQ with hCG only, you can use up to 31 gauge, insulin syringe.

Back