question about intramuscolar injections...

KM2016

what do you prefer, intramuscular injections on glute or other areas like quadriceps?
I have been using them for a few weeks on the quadriceps on a small needle, is it safe or is it more dangerous to take a vein?

Quads have been my Go-To for years.

You do however want to be careful about Hitting or Injecting next to a Nerve (you'll know if you hit one).
You can Irritate the Nerve, and this will cause PIP (post injection pain).

As far as Nicking a Vein ~ No Big Deal.
But you don't want to do an Intravenous Shot either ~ so if you Aspirate and Pull up a Lot of Blood.
Just move your Injection Site an Inch or so over.......................................... JP
P.S.
If you look carefully, you can usually see the Surface Veins.

I***8217;m like a big vagina. I***8217;m scared to do my injections anywhere other then glutes. Plus the wife likes my big ass ;)

I do glutes and ventrogluteal.

With ventrogluteal injections I’m able to use a 27 gauge 1/2 inch needle. Plus it’s easy to reach/see unlike the glute which I always have to do in the bathroom mirror.

I want to try injecting in the delts because I want more injection sites to rotate. But I’m a bit scared of the delts to be honest.

Delts are my favorite. Always completely pain free. Ventroglutes are next in line. My quads seem to be full of nerves. Aspirating is just likely to make you more sore, its not really recommended anymore.

Back