Question about Light Jogging and Fat Burn while Gaining

vudu

First let me give you a little background on me. I have been working out for a little over a year, since august of 2005. I have only actually taken it seriously since September of 2006. I am currently on the BFS(Bigger, Faster, Stronger) program at my school. I take weight training. I started taking creatine with Gatorade in November of this year, I'm doing 1 month on 1 week off. I'm currently on the 2nd cycle in the 2nd week. I have absolutely no intention of getting on juice, I want to achieve my goals naturally. I drink exactly 1 gallon of water a day.

I'm 18, 5'10, 165 lbs. In 2005 I was in the low 150s, I went up from 155 or so to 165 from September of this year to now. I am by no means trying to get HUGE, my goal is to be about 185-190lbs with 7-9% body fat. I have about 11-13% or so about now.

Right now I can bench 165 and squat about 185~205. My bench went up from repping 115 lbs 10 times at the start of December to repping 145 lbs 10 times now. I have a healthy diet which mainly consists of high protein fish and chicken with white rice, once in a while I'll eat beans and a steak or so. I eat a lot of eggs as well, about 4 in a single day. I think I'm getting just about enough, but my question really isn't about my diet. I rarely eat chocolate or ice cream, although my diet isn't ALWAYS clean, but I'm barely 18 so once in a while I'll indulge myself in a pack of M&Ms or something. And I definitely don't eat at fast food places or drink any type of soda, I rarely eat pizza, maybe about once every 2-3 weeks.

So here it is, I realize it's very hard to keep body fat down while trying to put on mass, but how much will running about 3 miles a day or every other day at a steady pace of 4.5 - 5 mph, which is my target speed to achieve my 165~ target heart rate for fat burn really affect me? I'd would like to hear any thoughts or criticism that went through your head while reading this post. And sorry for making it long, I just wanted to put out a lot of info just in case anyone had any questions.

Last edited:
I am not reading all that, but light jogging is fine while you are gaining.

Back