Question about Total Test level

Yes, I also prefer to be on the higher side. I have played around with my dosage, blasted and c***sed, and added other compounds. I did all of this AFTER the re-start attempts, and confirmation I was hypogonadal.

The truth is, most would be happy with 800-ish natural levels, rather than being a slave to bi-weekly injections, HCG , quarterly blood tests and regular blood donations.

However, if you are hypogonadal and need TRT, the hassle is definately worth the time and effort.

Last edited:
The guy's already got zero sex drive and is 55. My vote is trying a restart is wasting time. At best you will recover to a shitty level, then what? What have you learned?

Go for the TRT and shoot for a level that puts you up around 1,000 to 1,100 for a while, then if you want titrate the dose down. One of the board sponsors has a great description of the process to dial in your dose of test, AI, and HCG over time.

If you do this I seriously doubt you will have any regrets.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have started a PCT and will attempt the restart. I expect the doc to contact me today regarding my second test that had my level at 291. Not sure how I handle that but i am not telling him that I am taking a PCT. I will probably tell him I am going to GNC and trying to raise level with supps and maybe be retested in 2 months????

The guy's already got zero sex drive and is 55. My vote is trying a restart is wasting time. At best you will recover to a shitty level, then what? What have you learned?

Go for the TRT and shoot for a level that puts you up around 1,000 to 1,100 for a while, then if you want titrate the dose down. One of the board sponsors has a great description of the process to dial in your dose of test, AI, and HCG over time.

If you do this I seriously doubt you will have any regrets.

What you advise makes sense. I would hate to get up to only the 300's and then not be a candidate for TRT via my doc. I understand there is help here which may be an option. But what you say is true so .....wish it was easier to decide best path.

I had test at 390-405 ng/dL and sex was really irrelevant to me. I not only lost desire I eventually didn't even care anymore. Sex was so far from my mind I missed my wife obviously throwing herself at me to the point her feelings were actually hurt.

In elderly men lower testosterone levels and elevated estrogen are found closely with deaths and diseases. I'm not trying to say anything except older healthier males tend to have better hormone levels.

I'm epileptic and low T and other hormone issues are common. We have less marriages, less children, more prone to smoke and have issues later in life not directly tied to brain function/epilepsy. Sexual dysfuntion, mental capacity, memory, quality of life and general health have been shown to improve with testoserone/hormone treatment in epileptics.

Hormones are huge.

Last edited:
Lots of valid points here. In the end I guess it's a decision we all make based on our goals and personal experience. The key is to commit and see your decision through......find out if it works before moving on to another protocol. I tried clomid alone before I got on trt. Clomid raised my test almost 50%. I didn't want to keep taking the clomid and switched to injections so that's now my life. Not sure I could turn back now but pretty sure I wouldn't want to. My starting test level was pretty high I think.......but I like being higher. We all feel slightly different at different levels.
Sorry for the rambling. To answer your last question.....i told my doc what I had done. Told him I got my own clomid and tried it. He didn't ask any questions and we moved on from there. He even later offered clomid as part of my trt. And yeah......maybe a retest after you stop the pct would be a great idea to see where your levels land.
Either way, good luck my friend. Stick with it. Testosterone is important and higher levels can feel really great :)

What are you doing for PCT? Are you taking Clomid and Novadex? What are your dosages? Are u loading with HCG?

What are you doing for PCT? Are you taking Clomid and Novadex? What are your dosages? Are u loading with HCG?

I wish I had a better answer than what I am about to give.... Please keep in mind that all of this is new to me. After getting myself back into working out and deciding I wanted to

pack the muscle back on I was able to find SDROL online. Used in June/July Which when I finished that I used the PCT that the website stated was appropriate. No Clomid or

Novadex in the product. It

contains bulbine(1000mg), laxogenin (25mg), 6,7 dihydroxybergmatonin(100mg) and Arimistane (25mg). That was before I came across this site and started reading. I obtained the

OSTA from same company along with Ligandrol, and MK677 (All pill form...not from site sponsors as I had not found this site at the time). I used the PCT I purchased after the

SDROL for 8 weeks. I had purchased more as I wanted to get back on the SDROL in early November and from what I read the OSTA was a great bridge so that was the intent. But

an injury to the shoulder caused me to decide to hold off and wait till healed before starting the SDROL again so I stopped with the OSTA. My own stupidity all around and should

have been better informed. Although I read through the recommendations for the SARMS on this site. I failed to comprehend the need for PCT which she

clearly stated. So thats what I am using for now although that may stop....still deciding as will be explained in my next post.

My doctors office called me today saying my level was still low and they were going to start me on TRT. They want me to go in and they will give me my first injection. What and How

much I do not know. They also told me my insurance would cover that but not the cream. What Cream......no idea what they are even telling me or what it is although I know I have

seen some guys mention cream on here. So to buy some time I set up an appointment for the 27th of December so I can talk to the doctor about all of this so I can get better

informed. Nurse said she will teach me how to self inject and if I prefer I could go in there once every 2 weeks for an injection so I guess that tells me something I just dont know

what as I think I have seen guys here talking about injecting more often although it could be multiple things. I had to leave my home state due to work and got the call on the road.

When I told my wife it sounds to me like she is all for it. So odds are I will go ahead with the TRT as there are many here stating that once I start I will like how I feel. But that was

after most said try to get back naturally first and if that doesn't work then do it. In the time until then I will keep taking the PCT I have. IF/when I do start I will have many questions

I am sure. Once I know just what they want to give me I will update with dosages etc.

You've got a couple of red flags to check into, one is injections plus cream? Injections are the way to go, not cream. Second is the every 2 weeks injection frequency, that shows your doc is following the standard guidelines which are plain lousy. Get set up to inject yourself and do it E3.5D or at most E5D.

There is a wealth of information here about dosing, frequency, estrogen control, HCG, and others. You should educate yourself as much as possible to be able to ask intelligent questions. You may find out your doc is unskilled at this field.

And one more thing, two posts up you mention another oral only cycle. Dude, don't do any more oral only cycles, they will only make you worse. Wait until you are on a test base to mess around like that.

You've got a couple of red flags to check into, one is injections plus cream? Injections are the way to go, not cream. Second is the every 2 weeks injection frequency, that shows your doc is following the standard guidelines which are plain lousy. Get set up to inject yourself and do it E3.5D or at most E5D.

There is a wealth of information here about dosing, frequency, estrogen control, HCG, and others. You should educate yourself as much as possible to be able to ask intelligent questions. You may find out your doc is unskilled at this field.

And one more thing, two posts up you mention another oral only cycle. Dude, don't do any more oral only cycles, they will only make you worse. Wait until you are on a test base to mess around like that.

Thanks Tankman. I have been doing a lot of reading. Found Megatron's sticky and that is just loaded with great info. He goes over splitting the dose from bi-weekly then to weekly then to twice a week (every 3.5 days). That is actually mentioned in many of the posts. I plan on going that route.

As for the cream.....I may have misunderstood what the nurse was telling me. After reading it would seem cream is just another alternative and I think she was saying that my insurance doesn't cover the cream so injections is what they are doing. Still learning.

Yeah the oral only shit was stupid. As I had mentioned I did that prior to joining the forum and everything I have read here warns against that. BUT........Once I get on the TRT and get leveled out I may want to run a cycle of an oral with that. Not even sure if that's a possibility.....but when the time comes I will post and get advise if I should, Shouldn't.

After looking up symptoms of the Low T I have had way too many of these symptoms back at least 10 years. I wish I knew what my levels were then. When I see the doc again I am going to ask him to look up my level from 2 years ago as I am sure it was taken back during a physical then.

youve tried to raise your test levels with gnc p r o d u c t s*? how did that go?

Funny....I get it. But that's all I had available. I guess I can probably dump the product claiming to be an AI by nugenix. Seriously though this will bring up a whole new line of Q's for another topic when the time comes. Such as what can I do or need to do with / alongside the TRT.

I like one to two shots per week and no way I'm goin to the Dr office for them. My insurance covers it if I go to the office but I'd rather pay and do it myself at home. Doc writes a prescription and it lasts me 6 months at the pharmacy. Just sharing what I do. Please at least look into frequent injections. I only say this because I know many people are much happier with this.
And no self medicating until after you get squared away with a doc;)
Good luck bro

I like one to two shots per week and no way I'm goin to the Dr office for them. My insurance covers it if I go to the office but I'd rather pay and do it myself at home. Doc writes a prescription and it lasts me 6 months at the pharmacy. Just sharing what I do. Please at least look into frequent injections. I only say this because I know many people are much happier with this.
And no self medicating until after you get squared away with a doc;)
Good luck bro

I will only go in for the first injection and let them show me how to do it. I have read several threads here with guys scared of sticking themselves. I am one of those guys...but as much as I hate needles age has taught me one thing......you have to do what you have to do. I can procrastinate, whine, and come up with every reason in the world not to...but it still needs to happen...so I will do it.

I have followed some of the video links to how to pin but most are all no longer available. The doc already put in the script and it is Test C at 100mg. At least that is what is listed in the prescription section of the health webpage they have on me. I think that's where they are going to start me every 2 weeks unless that is weekly. I will go along with it for the first month then complain about feeling down during second week (if that's what happens) and then see if I can get him to agree to let me do it weekly. Then hopefully twice per week,

As for self medicating I apparently have another issue. My damn kidney function seems to be pretty bad (GFR at 50). I was hammering Aleve (probably 7 or 8 220mg/day) and thats what I think did it, who knows.Then he put me on 800mg motrin which I was taking 3x/d. Once the test came I was told to stop that immediately. He doesnt want me to take any supplements at all. He is talking about what I told him (creatine, test boosters, etc.). So its safe to say I wont be taking anything til that gets figured out. AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY "next time i am going to ask advice on here before I start adding anything to the TRT mix.

He has also recommended I stop working out for awhile. Not sure why or how the heck that can have anything to do with kidney function. That's a hard one to do. I have had a shoulder issue along with sciatica but I work thru it.

Sounds good about the trt. Sorry to hear of the other issues.
In case I haven't stated already......i am on 100mg per week and currently take this in one shot. 4 days after my shot my test level is over 1100. Just wanted to share that this dose can be helpful for some. My doc prescribed me .5mg anastrozole per week, which I have scaled back to .25 the day of my shot. This keeps my estrogen high normal. I suspect my estrogen runs a little higher than most due to my cycling activities on the side, so the AI may be unnecessary at this dose....especially if split into 2 per week of 50mg each (.25ml). I'm assuming he is starting you on 100mg per week (.5ml) ,which is why I wanted to tell you my results so far. Hope this helps in some way.
Either way, sounds like you have a good plan of attack. Stick with the doc and see if he does you right. Best of luck bro

Seems like you've got a tough path in front of you, but it doesn't have to be that way. Going on TRT is the right thing. 100 mg every 2 weeks is not right in terms of dosage or frequency. You should start at no less than 100 mg/wk and shoot it 2x per week at 50 mg. You don't need your doc's permission on how often to inject, just buy the needles and do it yourself.

And wow, all that aleve and motrin. If I take motrin for any length of time I start to have really severe heartburn. I can't imagine taking 800 mg 3x per day, my liver kidney and throat would mutiny. Don't know if it is realistic, but if possible you should just plain stop the anti-inflamatory drugs. After a while they won't work for you anyway and their impact is severe.

Lastly regarding dabling with orals or other compounds, once you are on TRT you have a base of testosterone then you are free to mess around at will. Just know how to manage sides like estrogen, and be aware you won't be able to do this for perhaps six months to well over a year as you get your TRT dialed in (assuming you can get a better plan). With your doc's 100 mg every 2 weeks you could spend the next couple years frustrated and not dialed in while you mess around with this lousy scheme.

Tank Man.....Tanks for the advice.

I have stopped the anti-inflammatory's. I really only started ramping these up over the last 2 -3months. Woke up this morning in a good amount of pain. But I fight through it, I have no choice. It takes awhile but if I stay on my feet and keep moving the back pain (sciatica) lets up some. I have been dealing with it for a year progressively getting worse. But I religiously get up at 4:20am every morning, hit the gym by 5am Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun. I start so early because I am an oncall field service rep in the cancer industry and can be called out by 8 so I need to be done by the time the phone may ring. The hard part is that I may be out as late as 1 or 2am (rarely but on occassion getting in a 5am).

Its because of the sciatica that I only workout 4 days/week. I should be doing a 3 on 1 off schedule. I cant do squats. Leg presses/hacks/lunges etc hurt a bit more than I like. Just before learning about my low t which was found due to a physical I set up to look into my back issue and hopefully get surgery to take care of it, I purchased a curl/extension machine and am looking at a Hack/press machine (all are X-Mark) to start working legs. I have been building a full blown gym in my house and quite honestly Its pretty darn good. even when the back is better I may be limited to Hacks and presses.

So....I am done the pain meds for now. The doc wants me to quit taking anything and everything, okay I can do that. He wants me to stop working out.....AINT GONNA HAPPEN. My body responded extremely well to getting back in the gym....even with the low T.....I am not about to give any of it back up.

I believe the doc is looking at 100mg for every 2 weeks if what I have read is correct. I will see him on the 27th and know for sure. From all I have learned here reading that is a joke.....but its a start and I will play the game for a month or 3 and see how I feel. I will definitely split doses even at that low range if thats what it is. If I think what he is doing is not good enough I will find another provider. As for the orals and other compounds....once my T gets in check I will be supplementing my scripts with additives. Before I do I will start right here in this forum and get advice.

Thanks for the advice

Tank has you pointed in the right direction. Whatever dose you are taking, make sure you do comprehensive labs along the way. This is the only way you will get dialed in, without playing a guessing game. Good luck!!

Back