Question: Bench

hedmunkey

I am more comfortable with my feet on the bench when I do the bench press. Is that bad form or should I plant my feet on the floor?

Last edited:
I am gettng to the point where it is uncomfortable to lay down and sleep or play the love of my life, basketball. Can you guy recomend anything to keep the flexability or the speed.

1)when u have your feet up it puts less stress on your lower back. It isn't bad form if it works for you then do it. It makes it so you can't cheat.

2)I am gettng to the point where it is uncomfortable to lay down and sleep or play the love of my life, basketball. Can you guy recomend anything to keep the flexability or the speed..........................I have no idea what you actually want.

In what ways is it uncomfortable to lay down? do you have weak abs so you can't get out of bed? do you have weak lower back so u find it easier to stay in bed?

But as for the speed part, I would start doing some interval training or dynamic work outs. So when you do squats at the bottom postion you burst up so you are actually off the ground. Same thing with Bench press can be applied.

hedmunkey said:
I am more comfortable with my feet on the bench when I do the bench press. Is that bad form or should I plant my feet on the floor?
You are gonna have an awful hard time stabalizing heavy weight with that technique.You need your feet on the floor for stability.

I am getting so big that I can only sleep in certain positions or my arm will fall asleep or it is just uncomfortable.

I heard putting your feet up on the bench only serves to flatten your spine (when it should have SOME natural arc), sink your ribcage (I believe it should be expanded for more power), and put emphasis on your shoulders (you are not really 'isolating' the chest as you assume -not to mention decrease stability when handling heavy weight.

i do my warm-up set with my feet on the bench; helps me concentrate on form, but that is it. after that i keep my feet on the ground for balance and stability. not sure about flexibility, but plyometrics might be good for the speed you're looking for.

I am not sure how one benches heavy with their feet up on the bench, never saw anyone hit good reps with 315 in this fashion. Your feet on the floor provide balance. The only people i see put their feet up are the pretty boys repping with 135.

Re: Re: Question: Bench

70w30 said:
You are gonna have an awful hard time stabalizing heavy weight with that technique.You need your feet on the floor for stability.

That aint no lie...I dont see to many guys, and none to be exact, putting up 400 plus or 300 plus for that matter without their feet on the ground...

without the feet on the ground, i would topple like a domino..

E

Arms that fall asleep during sleep

I take it you guys are talking about numbness in your arms after you wake up? Or in your fingers is that correct? Because if so i to have the same problem so i got it checked out by Phd. he told me that it was inpingment from eccessive muscle growth around the forearm elbow area pressure being applied from muscle to the nerve area, during certain sleeping position. This is only one opinion but he may be right. Anyways i thought you might like to know or maybe you already do. For awhile i thought i had some kind of nerve damage. Sure helps to know whats up ! Tear. It. Up. Mad Dawg!:40oz: :40oz:

my sports doc told me the same thing...my left arm gets numb while laying on it...pinched nerve it be...he gave me some bextra for it...free sample and it is garbage...good old flexeril or a vicodin makes the pain go away when i have it, and no one wants to hear it, but you can either work through it and not worry, or take some time off....i prefer the first one myself....

E

Ive got an HMO....so my doc tells me SHIT!!!!

"Here...take this anti-biotic and resched." So i can make more money off your office visit.

Cheap bastards :asshole:

Sorry... must stay on topic*

I also raise my legs, but only during warmup sets. I feel it makes the chest muscles work together to balance and distribute the weight better.

Heavy weight..those puppies are on the floor!

Back