question for drjmw , other docs

DADAWG

Community Veteran
drjmw , i have seen you really brag on the armour thyroid product compared to t3 or t4 can you break it down to the pluses and minuses for the general masses . ps all you docs jump in to:)

guy's here's the best I can do for now.

T3 and T4 are the actual hormones used buy and created buy the thyroid.

The armour thyroid product is a stimulant for the thyroid ( I'm not sure but probably iodine based with b12 and some other vitamins and herbs

the Lion said:
guy's here's the best I can do for now.

T3 and T4 are the actual hormones used buy and created buy the thyroid.

The armour thyroid product is a stimulant for the thyroid ( I'm not sure but probably iodine based with b12 and some other vitamins and herbs

not a flame, but if you're not real sure about something, just don't post on the topic. years from now, someone doing a search might read this wrong info, and make a (wrong) decision based on bad info.

Most T3/T4 drugs are synthetic replacements for what the body normally manufactures in the thyroid gland, and they function in similar manner in the body. Armour thyroid is a _natural_ T3/T4 replacement. Its actually dessicated porcine thyroid gland.

A single 30mg tab of Armour provides about 5mcg of T3 and 20mcg of T4. You really won't induce supression in anoyone with a single tab of Armour each day. Many Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) docs dose it this way, with great results. in fact, that is how I take it, and I have come to enjoy great benefits from same.

That is why I have no problem letting my patients have it.

Armour is both t3 and t4. It is kinder to the thyroid and easier to dose. I find it to be an excellent ancillary to HGH-induced hypothyroidism. As far as prescribing it for true hypothyroidism, it is up to the individual doc and his interpretation of the blood tests. Some docs only prescribe synthroid (t4), some cytomel (t3) and some armour (t3/t4 combo). I have seen nothing but success with Armour as an adjunct to HGH.

Im currently on 50mc of synthroid for Hypo. How much would I use of this armour if I wish to try it instead?

I agree, DrJMW, the stuff is great.

Even with a "normal" TSH, I have been suffering that "I-want-to-always-lie-down" feeling. By the second day on a half grain of Armour, my energy level rose dramatically, and have not felt that same fatigue since.

Some people do not convert T4 into T3 adequately (even though TSH may be fine, as may be T4). For them, I think the Armour provides an optimal blend of T4/T3.

Last edited:
Is this combo something you can take for life Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) style or must it be cycled?

SWALE said:
I agree, DrJMW, the stuff is great.

Even with a "notmal" TSH, i have been suffering that "I-want-to-always-lie-down feeling. By the second day on a half grain of Armour, my energy level rose dramatically, and have not felt that same fatigue since.

Some people do not convert T4 into T3 adequately (even though TSH may be fine, as may be T4). For them, I think the Armour provides an optimal blend of T4/T3.

Wow, this sounds awesome. If anything I would take it just for the fact that I wont be "suffering the I-want-to-always-lie-down feeling"!

hey guys my 1st post in a while been in thailand training but can this armour t3.t4 combo be used with clen for some crazy fat loss?

Docs, do you think it is possible to take a full grain of Armour per day and still have no real suppression?

A fair bit of the T4 converts to T3 in a normal person. However once the T3 elevates high enough, a normal person will slow or halt the conversion until the T3 drops a bit. So it is my understanding that it is really impossible to elevate thyroid activity through higher doses of T4 since the body will simply halt the conversion? To really elevate the thyroid exogenously one needs T3.....correct?

this is intresting. I would like to try it cause i am always tired all the time. i cant remeber the last time i had a lot of energy.

Back