Question of medical treatment with steroid use

Alterra

I have a medical question for the forum regarding therapeutic and body-building use of oral C17a-AAS (Oxymetholone, Anavar, Diandrol, etc) and would appreciate your collective input. The general medical community is versed poorly in steroidal drugs and many of you represent a great group with real life experience in side effect profile, negative experiences and performance use with some of these medications. I've come here asking for your insights and thoughts, if you'll please bear with the background narrative...

I have a medical condition that over time can cause bone marrow failure. Mine is less severe. People who have a severe form of this disorder are first given danazol or oxymetholone on a daily basis to boost marrow (increase blood cells such as white, red and platelet counts).

I enjoy working out, biking and being as active as I can. My blood is mildly affected, but very slowly declining over the years. Partly why I am here, I have more fatigue and less stamina so find working out such a chore, and I don't want to wait as my quality of life suffers. My thyroid and testosterone are "normal". I met a German doctor at a conference who was giving low-dose danazol to a patient with some good results, just to keep him feeling better, keep on weight. I reached out to him and eventually was referred to the study in the US, which I don't qualify for- yet! Not everything has to be done on a research basis, but that's the system. I'm seriously wanting to take my health and quality of life into my own hands.

All that said, what are your thoughts on using these drugs (Oxymetholone, Anavar, Diandrol, etc) alone? Thoughts on a preference of drug or a regimen for safety that doesn't involve pinning? You all cycle these meds within a larger multi-drug regimen from my reading. I would be using it for my bone marrow and hopefully energy/endurance/weight effect. In your opinions, not seeking medical advice, would I be doomed to testes shrinkage? Liver toxicity? Gynecomastia? for likely no benefit in the realm of performance enhancement? Not a problem to get blood followed, part of my monitoring protocol anyhow.

Many thanks to all that reply.

I can't speak in terms of your condition but I will say guys use test as a base for all cycles because everything taken shuts down natural test including testosterone and anavar. Without natural test or any test, you essentially wouldn't be able to function like a man. I can't advise you to take anavar for your situation because I'm not a doctor and I'm not familiar with your health situation. I would hate to see you jump on var and end up causing more problems.

I would consider 2 things before going any further.
1. Testosterone must be produced by your body or supplied through supplemental testosterone. Remember, the brain and heart are the top 2 testosterone receptor sites in the body, not the pecs and biceps :) so having no testosterone running through the body would be REALLY bad.
2. Taking matters into your own hands, in my opinion, could lead to getting some nasty or bunk Anavar. I know...I know...people may say this source or that source is reliable. IMO, dealing with a health issue etc...not the way I would approach it.

Just my opinion good luck.

if you did not want to inject, you could use a testosterone cream along with a cyclical dosage of Anavar. But, there are other things out there that will more significantly increase your RBC (if thats your goal) then Var and test cream. eg., Nandrolone.

Another option is Oral Ment. You don't need a testosterone base with Ment, its the only AAS that can be ran solo (without test) and still give you and maintain the functions that testosterone does. It also increases RBC fairly rapidly . Look into it , Ment/Trestolone

^^ keep in mind that any option of AAS use is still going to shut down your natty test production

good points and thanks for taking the time to reply. I replied in a post, but perhaps it was only to Roush by accident.

You are correct, wouldn't experiment without guidance from practitioner. I'd like to stay simply PO, not inj (pin). It would be an N of 1 (me) trialing a cycled regimen for marrow/energy support/wt gain. As I asked Roush, would you all know of someone in the Virginia area with knowledge to take on a new patient and prescribe?

good points and thanks for taking the time to reply. I replied in a post, but perhaps it was only to Roush by accident.

You are correct, wouldn't experiment without guidance from practitioner. I'd like to stay simply PO, not inj (pin). It would be an N of 1 (me) trialing a cycled regimen for marrow/energy support/wt gain. As I asked Roush, would you all know of someone in the Virginia area with knowledge to take on a new patient and prescribe?

check out the board sponsors.

Back