Question regards first time Clen run

thedrop

Hey guys I'm new here, but I've been lurking for awhile soaking up as much info as possible. I just have a question or two about the Clen run I have planned for late march.

First, Let me give you that stats and goals.

As of right now, I am natural. I have not run any PHs or real gear because I definitely believe I have more gains to make before I add in the sauce :naughty: and I don't want to risk damaging my HPTA by starting too soon.

Currently, I lift 3x a week Tu-Thur-Sat
primarily heavy compound movements (dl, bench, weighted pullups, and squats)
I track all of the food I consume according to the macros calculated by my nutritionist and have steadily made gains of about .4-.5 pounds per week.

Height 5'11
Weight 185
Body Fat 11.3% (Measured in air chamber 1 month ago)

My metabolism is incredibly fast and when I cut last spring the weight melted off like butter but in the process I lost a good amount of the gains I had made during the winter bulk. I looked to clenbuterol because of its anti-catabolic properties in a calorie reduced diet. Ideally, I would run a 500 calorie deficit for two weeks and then take 4 weeks off eating at new maintenance so my body could achieve homeostasis at the lower weight. I would see how things went and determine if another run was in order in early May. I don't drink frequently and am looking to use this as a standalone tool to help hold on to the progress I have made thus far at 8% bf. My two questions then are:

1. If I am only running the clen for two weeks, do I need still need to use Ketotifin to upregulate the receptors?

2. Second, I plan on starting at 20 mcg and assessing tolerance. I couldn't find a concrete answer however to the degree that other stimulants should be avoided. Would it be a good idea to cut the coffee out for 2 weeks just to play it safe?

Thanks guys I really look forward to participating more in the community!

-TD

Last edited:
I don't think you'll want to look at coffee while on clen. Looking at your stats, with a proper diet and add some cardio to the mix, I don't see why you would advocate the use of clen. I'm mean your really not a big guy. Tighten up the diet and hit the gym a little more during the week and you'll be where you want to be. I don't recommend clen to a beginner.

tbonexl,

Thanks for the input man. I understand I can drop the weight and get to 8% without issue, it is the muscle catabolism I am concerned with. My strength went to shit last time and I lost a good amount of size too. (which to a degree is expected on a cut) The only reason I looked to clen was for its notable anti-catabolic characteristics. However, I will definitely take your opinion into consideration and I appreciate you responding so quickly. If any other members have thoughts on this, I would also like to hear them.

-TD

I don't think you'll want to look at coffee while on clen. Looking at your stats, with a proper diet and add some cardio to the mix, I don't see why you would advocate the use of clen. I'm mean your really not a big guy. Tighten up the diet and hit the gym a little more during the week and you'll be where you want to be. I don't recommend clen to a beginner.
I Just finished my first cycle of clen and cut my calorie intake from 1500 to 1000. Ive lost two pounds in four weeks. Is that good for my first cycle?

I Just finished my first cycle of clen and cut my calorie intake from 1500 to 1000. Ive lost two pounds in four weeks. Is that good for my first cycle?

you've lost 2 pounds of strictly fat or overall weight loss? Did you run it for 4 weeks straight or 2 on-2 off? 1000 cals doesn't seem like enough food to keep you fueled.... may have been muscle loss.... if your diet is in check, you should be losing 1-2 lbs a week of weight loss.... when on clen, you want to make sure you get enough protein, limit carbs, eliminate sugar and sodium... stay hydrated.... :)

you've lost 2 ounds of strictly fat or overall weight loss? Did you run it for 4 weeks straight or 2 on-2 off? 1000 cals doesn't seem like enough food to keep you fueled.... may have been muscle loss.... if your diet is in check, you should be losing 1-2 lbs a week of weight loss.... when on clen, you want to make sure you get enough protein, limit carbs, eliminate sugar and sodium... stay hydrated.... :)
Ive only lost two pounds this last week and about
Four total. I ran clen for 4 weeks, now stopping g for a week

you've lost 2 pounds of strictly fat or overall weight loss? Did you run it for 4 weeks straight or 2 on-2 off? 1000 cals doesn't seem like enough food to keep you fueled.... may have been muscle loss.... if your diet is in check, you should be losing 1-2 lbs a week of weight loss.... when on clen, you want to make sure you get enough protein, limit carbs, eliminate sugar and sodium... stay hydrated.... :)
Thanks for the info. Ive been wondering

Well, I say good job! I'm new to clen, havnt tried it yet, just thinking about it. I want to hear more feedback on it first, i've heard alot of neg sides about it. By the way, you look awsome!!

Well, I say good job! I'm new to clen, havnt tried it yet, just thinking about it. I want to hear more feedback on it first, i've heard alot of neg sides about it. By the way, you look awsome!!
Thankyou. I getting used to the shakes, iget cramps every once in a while but overall so far im pleased

so the shakes & cramps are the worst side so far?? I heard taurine for cramps helps. Shoot if i could show ya how to post more pics I would...oops let me stop there i think the test was about to comment, lol!:D

But seriously, i'm sure you look great, w/ as well as you do in your profile pic w/ "fat" on your hips.

Back