Reconstitution of Melanotan II - Strange Question:

TheCthulhu

So....question about reconstitution of Melanotan II....I am unable to come by bacteriostatic water, nor BA to make my own. I'm out of the country atm, cannot order any, and the local pharmacies/medical supply companies refuse to sell it without a script (ridiculous). I brought a vial with me, but unfortunately it broke en route. I do, however, have plenty of pharmaceutical lidocaine on hand. I'm wondering if the lidocaine would be suitable to reconstitute the MTII? It's basically bacteriostatic water with lidocaine in it. I'm mainly concerned about the lidocaine interacting in some way with the peptide. If anyone here is a chemistry buff that could advise me on this matter, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

6 months to 1 year, so quite awhile.
Sorry to hear you won't be using MTII at this point in time as you already know this is a bad idea.

You want to use a broken vial of *sensitive* protein chains (that's supposed to be kept cold) with a local anesthetic that's likely not sterile as long as the lidocaine doesn't ruin your unsterile, damaged, potentially glass-filled powder. Please think about that, have a good laugh at yourself (I catch myself doing stupid things out of desperation all the time), and either give up on it for now, or source it locally.

My .02c :)

LoL, yes, it was the bac water which broke. Sorry if it wasn't clear. Your post had me cracking up. The MTII is intact, sterile, and was kept cool. The lidocaine is pharmaceutical, so also sterile. The only issue I see is whether it would interact with the peptide, rendering it inert.

LoL, yes, it was the bac water which broke. Sorry if it wasn't clear. Your post had me cracking up. The MTII is intact, sterile, and was kept cool. The lidocaine is pharmaceutical, so also sterile. The only issue I see is whether it would interact with the peptide, rendering it inert.

Haha, thanks for clarifying, I was picturing scooping powder into a baggie for later use! :spin:

My couple semesters of Chem don't really qualify me for an in depth answer, but I do know that if the lidocaine is meant for oral or topical use, it may REALLY sting if you inject it subcutaneously due to the solvents used.

It's the type made for subcutaneous injection. Sterile with preservative.

Wow then lol, I can't think of anything other than to start reading up on interactions in the pharmacokinetics sections on lidocaine at places like chemspider or maybe even pubmed.

Yeah, I've read some doozies, but I can't say I've ever seen this one before. Hopefully it works. :)

Back