reggie bush >

i was talking about guys that i have actually seen in person.

payton and brown might have been better. I always like to see them in person before i make that judgment.

if you guys got to see payton in real life, im jealous.

So now that Reggie Bush has the Heisman...Critics are comparing this USC team to the best ever compiled in college football... You guys really think that Texas is going to win? I think the better game would have been the 10-1 Oregon Ducks who's only loss was to USC and who got donkey punched out of the BCS for a team like the delinquent FSU Seminoles. Now Oregon has to play your "amazing" Big 12 conference's bitch, aka. Oklahoma.

i have to admit..

v. young >

great game,

vince has got to go pro.

getfitdoc said:
i have to admit..

v. young >

great game,

vince has got to go pro.

I bet he won't. He doesn't want to go third overall behind Leinart and Bush. If he wait till next year he is definate number one overall which = more money in his pocket.

what? if he goes this year, he COULD get picked at any time...1st, 2nd, 3rd, 12th. depends on what the team is feeling, what agreements they've already worked out, etc. he shouldn't wait just because leinart and bush are in there. he's a completely different player and he'd make TONS of money by going pro now. personally, i can't stand his style of QB'ing. i prefer old school marino, elway, montana - if you can even call that "old" school. stay in the pocket and throw the rock!

diegothailand said:
what? if he goes this year, he COULD get picked at any time...1st, 2nd, 3rd, 12th. depends on what the team is feeling, what agreements they've already worked out, etc. he shouldn't wait just because leinart and bush are in there. he's a completely different player and he'd make TONS of money by going pro now. personally, i can't stand his style of QB'ing. i prefer old school marino, elway, montana - if you can even call that "old" school. stay in the pocket and throw the rock!

While I don't agree with your old school qb statement I think your NFL draft analysis is right on the money. Hit it on da head

it's pathetic that young rushed for more yards than any other longhorn during the reg season, and more than everyone else on his team combined at the rose bowl. is he a qb or a running back? i hate that shit. you never saw dan fouts or theisman running like a lanky retard. maybe eric dickerson should have ben a qb? better yet, william perry. : )

diegothailand said:
it's pathetic that young rushed for more yards than any other longhorn during the reg season, and more than everyone else on his team combined at the rose bowl. is he a qb or a running back? i hate that shit. you never saw dan fouts or theisman running like a lanky retard. maybe eric dickerson should have ben a qb? better yet, william perry. : )

I agree that he should only be running if he has nothing down field and the pocket collapses. You have to admidt though that having the skills to do that makes him desirable by teams for simply his sheer athleticism. The game during Theisman and Dickerson's time is night and day compared to today. Those guys were some of the past passers of their time but not necessarily the best athletes.

the thing is, no one on USC could tackle him. It took 2 or 3 guys to bring him down.

So why not run. IMO texas was stupid for not running him more. All those times that their RB's fumbled the ball. Vince could have run for 5+ yards,, he averaged 10 per carry that game.

It will be different in the NFL... He will have to pass the ball more and run less. But his legs will be a nice option. The big question is will he be able to adjust to the speed and complexity of a pro offense. Pro's audible all the time, they dont have to make one read, check 3 recievers then run. They have 2-3 times more things going on.

I think he'll be solid in the pros, he's tall, he's got a strong accurate arm, and he can scramble. He seems like a decent kid too.

he'll be better than leftwitch. He kinda reminds me of a culpepper, but taller.

even though Lienart, Bush, and Young are all great college players, the only one that will amount to shit in the pros is Lendale White. The others are all just the product of great offensive linemen, and those don't exist on the teams they will get drafted by.

goiterjoe said:
even though Lienart, Bush, and Young are all great college players, the only one that will amount to shit in the pros is Lendale White. The others are all just the product of great offensive linemen, and those don't exist on the teams they will get drafted by.

white is a great player :)

Back