Replacing white rice with oatmeal?

gHalcon

I am trying to lose body fat to gain more defined abs.

I am 5'6" at 135 lbs, body fat of 14%.

I have 5 meals a day (well, more like 3 meals and two snacks). I have a serving of white rice at lunch, post lunch, and at dinner.

Since I am cutting, would it be better for me to replace white rice with oatmeal?

Many Thanks

ithink white rice is garbage junk, empty calories u know. oatmeal would be better, need more meals, no carbs at dinn time in my opinionn, eat more meals smaller in size throughout day for cutting in my opinion

I am trying to lose body fat to gain more defined abs.

I am 5'6" at 135 lbs, body fat of 14%.

I have 5 meals a day (well, more like 3 meals and two snacks). I have a serving of white rice at lunch, post lunch, and at dinner.

Since I am cutting, would it be better for me to replace white rice with oatmeal?

Many Thanks

Rice is excellent but I'd drop the white rice and get REAL brown rice.. the kind that takes 30min's to cook, no instant! ;) Then, I'd do both brown rice and oatmeal. Flip flop and keep your body guess and metabolism running.. I agree w/doing 5-6 small/even meals throughout the day (2-3 hours apart).. and lots of cardio.
You could also try carb cycling if you need to break a plateu or spark better results.

Thanks for the tips.

As for replacing rice with brown rice or oatmeal, I know that they are longer to metabolize, etc. Do I still take one serving of brown/oats at each meal or smaller servings but still at 3 hour increments?

Thanks

good day! im ladyhelt and im a new member hope you welcome me here. Nice post it really helps me. Actually i did not eat oatmeal i usually eat rice every breakfast.. Please see my site ...Thank you!

Thanks for the tips.

As for replacing rice with brown rice or oatmeal, I know that they are longer to metabolize, etc. Do I still take one serving of brown/oats at each meal or smaller servings but still at 3 hour increments?

Thanks

One serving is fine.. Now what I would do is figure out (using fitday.com) what you want your total cal's for the day to be, then figure out how much of that you want in carbs, then just divide that up throughout the day. that should tell you exactly how much per meal.

ithink white rice is garbage junk, empty calories u know. oatmeal would be better, need more meals, no carbs at dinn time in my opinionn, eat more meals smaller in size throughout day for cutting in my opinion

Totally disagree. White rice is a perfectly acceptable carb source. Why? Because you aren't eating rice alone as a meal...at least I hope not. When combined with proteins/fats/or fiberous carbs, the GI of any carbohydrate is reduced and becomes almost a non-issue. Every prep diet I have done--designed by DirkMoneyShot the fucking prep guru-- I was allowed to eat white rice...it all comes down to staying within your calories and food combinations.

Make a solid, simple, effective plan and stick to it. White rice is certainly a clean carb source.

TL

Last edited:
White rice is the #1 carb in bodybuilding diets.
Excelent pre-workout meal.
I prefer rice over oats far better.

Back