Restarted TRT after a long break and issues

shrekitout

Hi Team

Background - male, 47, 245 lbs I took a good 18 months off TRT and also changed Doctor but now having some issues again with the dosage.

New Doctor and Dosage is .5 ml every 5 days - NO HCG and NO anastrozole - been on TRT now for 90 days +

Results are T level is good (989)
Estradiol is bad - 77
Hematorcit high - 54.1

Dr agreed to drop dosage to .3 ml every 6 days but I am totally concerned about no HCG and no E Blocker as I feel like shit , bloated, very poor sexual performance (sometimes non due to E level). New bloods done this week after 6 weeks on this .3 mil but still feel the same.

2 years ago (different doctor) i was doing .3 ml twice a week with Anastrozole and HCG and was way better (apart from Hematocrit). Hematocrit we kept under control last time but every 6 weeks doing a therapeutic phlebotomy.

Need advice as this protocol is not working out for me and speaking to Dr again next week.

Full results
- this was at .5 mil every 5 days. Awaiting new results

ESTRADIOL,ULTRASENSITIVE, LC/MS 77 H

ESTROGEN, TOTAL, SERUM
Analyte Value
ESTROGEN, TOTAL, SERUM 375.6 H

CBC (INCLUDES DIFF/PLT)
Analyte Value
WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT 7.4
RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 6.01 H
HEMOGLOBIN 18.2 H
HEMATOCRIT 54.1 H
MCV 90.0
MCH 30.3
MCHC 33.6
RDW 13.0
PLATELET COUNT 223
MPV 9.7
ABSOLUTE NEUTROPHILS 4403
ABSOLUTE LYMPHOCYTES 2146
ABSOLUTE MONOCYTES 585
ABSOLUTE EOSINOPHILS 229
ABSOLUTE BASOPHILS 37
NEUTROPHILS 59.5 %
LYMPHOCYTES 29.0 %
MONOCYTES 7.9 %
EOSINOPHILS 3.1 %
BASOPHILS 0.5 %
COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL
Analyte Value
GLUCOSE 89
Fasting reference interval
UREA NITROGEN (BUN) 14
CREATININE 1.03
eGFR NON-AFR. AMERICAN 87
eGFR AFRICAN AMERICAN 100
BUN/CREATININE RATIO NOT APPLICABLE
SODIUM 139
POTASSIUM 3.8
CHLORIDE 101
CARBON DIOXIDE 30
CALCIUM 9.3
PROTEIN, TOTAL 6.8
ALBUMIN 4.4
GLOBULIN 2.4
ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO 1.8
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.7
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 51
AST 30
ALT 31
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS
Analyte Value
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS 989

Cheers - Shrek!

Last edited:
First thing first.. You need to make a blood donation. This will lower your crit,rbc,globin. Your doctor didn't check your Free Testosterone? That makes zero sense. Total test really does not mean anything if you don't know what your free levels are. You can have a high total test, but if your free is low you will feel like crap.

What's your BF? As you know, high bf = high test to E2 conversion.

thanks Corvettels3 for the reply - BF I need to calculate - started at 264lbs and down to 246lbs but but working towards 220lbs. (work to do).

So I cannot donate - long story but moved here 5 years ago and due to my job traveling overseas every year for work RedCross etc wont accept a blood donation - in the past my last clinic gave me a prescription for a therapeutic phlebotomy however have not been able to get this from my current doctor. trying this week when I talk to him.

200mg/mL for the test? Test cypionate?

How many days after your injection were labs taken?

Ask for a sex Hormone Binding Globulin/SHBG test and a free testosterone test.

0.5ml's every 5 days giving you a TT level of 989 seems just a bit high. That's equivalent to a weekly dose of 0.7ml's which is 140 mg Test C

A rough rule of thumb is you'll get about six times, so six times 140 would be roughly 840 TT. Not too far off, but maybe a bit high considering no HCG

There's a methodology to when you blood test. It should be on the morning of the day of your next shot, and before the shot. In that way you'll be at the lowest level of the week.

With the little bit of info you've given us I'd recommend a few things. First split your dose every 3.5 days. Your levels will be more steady, and it's easier to keep track of. Cyp has a half life of 8 days, so 5 day dosing is borderline too long. 3.5 will work better.

For AI, you'll probably need some at 140/wk. I do at as little as 100/wk as it puts my E2 at around 44, with HCG.

For bodyfat, you'll need to reduce quite a bit. This is probably the key aspect of you making high E2 and feeling lousy.

FWIW, I think 0.3mls E6D would be a lousy protocol. That's equivalent to 70 mg/wk test, which if you are lucky would put you at 430TT. And six day split on an 8 day half life is not great. The morning of your next shot you'd be low enough to feel like shite.

For donating blood, you'll have to find a way to do it. Where I live there is another organization that's not the Red Cross. You could find another and not tell them about travel overseas. Is that unethical? Not if you aren't carrying any disease.

Last edited:
Back