Reusing needle for drawing?

Sedg1

Friends, I use a 21 gauge needle for 150mg weekly injections. I played around with different gauges from 25 down to 21. I settled on 21 because I found that there was more discomfort from the ester going in slowly from the smaller needles than the initial pinch from the larger one.
My question is whether it is safe to reuse the same needle to draw the ester the next time. That is, I would draw with one needle into the syringe, then replace with another needle to inject. And then use the first needle the next in the same way the next time. At no time, would the draw needle be used to inject. But should I be concerned about contamination from the draw needle between injections, even if I clean with alcohol before drawing.
Thanks.

Shame they don't carry Terumo. :(

Oh, and while a 25g will take longer to inject, the size of hole you're putting in yourself matters over time. Scar tissue will build up much faster with the larger gauge needles than the little guys. ;)

What Tron said too. :p

Friends, I use a 21 gauge needle for 150mg weekly injections. I played around with different gauges from 25 down to 21. I settled on 21 because I found that there was more discomfort from the ester going in slowly from the smaller needles than the initial pinch from the larger one.
My question is whether it is safe to reuse the same needle to draw the ester the next time. That is, I would draw with one needle into the syringe, then replace with another needle to inject. And then use the first needle the next in the same way the next time. At no time, would the draw needle be used to inject. But should I be concerned about contamination from the draw needle between injections, even if I clean with alcohol before drawing.
Thanks.

Why even do it??

yup i agree with halfwit

i use a 20g to draw and a 27g 3/4 inch to inject.. because of the size of the needle the oil drips out instead of being a stream.. less damage to the injection area

Back