SAVE your hair...here's how

so u dont leave any spiro on at all? i dont need to use and dmso or anything to make a cream?

by the way thanks for the link.

these prices seem very good for making your own cream. i have very short hair so i dont mind using nizerol all the time.

can i make it stronger than 5%. is this dermovan a dmso type of thing? thanks for the help

i found this thread, but honestly with all the different lotions and shit they are talking about i am totally confused. Can any one help me out. Are they saying that crushing the pills in dermovan alone isnt good enough?
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/...&threadid=52540&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=3

also i found where to buy the pills and am talking to the guy who runs hairlosstalk.com and will find out the best way to make the spiro.

this is where u can buy the pills, he suggests the 30$ ones.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/heart-health/spironolactone.html

Last edited:
well i made my own spiro. i used cetaphil cream and use used double the mount of tabs. i measured the apporoximate amount of lotion in abeaker and crushed the spiro tabs in a double zip lock with a hammer. then i mixed it in the spiro cream. so i guess i have 6% now.

I'm currently using 5mg Proscar (I usually cut the tabs in 4 pieces to save some bucks!) and Saw Palmetto. Also begun using Nizoral and it has worked even better. Ketoconazole which is the main ingredient of Nizoral, is a synthetic antifungal drug used to prevent and treat skin and fungal infections. Believe it or not, this shampoo is usually prescribed for infections such as athlete's foot, ringworm, candidiasis, and jock itch. The over-the-counter shampoo version (which is about only 1%) can also be used as a body wash for the treatment of tinea versicolor.

The use of Nizoral definitely helps prevent hair loss. Use it daily for 14 days and thereafter at least 1 or 2 times a week. Leave on for at least 3-5 mins. before rinsing and use a quality conditioner. As an alternative on the 'off days' use Head and Shoulders. A recent study concluded that hair count results showed a modest and sustained improvement in hair growth with daily use of a 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo over a 26-week treatment period. Head and Shoulders main ingredient is pyrithione zinc.

Hope this info helps.

simpllyhuge said:
well i made my own spiro. i used cetaphil cream and use used double the mount of tabs. i measured the apporoximate amount of lotion in abeaker and crushed the spiro tabs in a double zip lock with a hammer. then i mixed it in the spiro cream. so i guess i have 6% now.

Is there any added benefit for the higher % of spiro cream or are you just assuming it will be more effective? Didn't know if you had come across something that said it.

well im not sure but the one percent extra cant hurt. i ended up adding more cream and making it weaker. its very thick and really can only be used while in the house

i need the powder with out the binders and also figure out how to put it in achohol instead or something

simpllyhuge said:
well im not sure but the one percent extra cant hurt. i ended up adding more cream and making it weaker. its very thick and really can only be used while in the house

i need the powder with out the binders and also figure out how to put it in achohol instead or something

found this on another site, seems like it'd be good to go.

Spironolactone smells bad once in solution, so you’d better use that stuff only at night,

As for the pills with all the binders the solution will have a poor efficiency, so I would filter first the binders, the binders may also clog your pores.

Spironolactone dissolve in ethanol (ethyl alcohol) at 25 mg per ml, but don’t forget the binders so I would first buy 100 ml of ethanol throw the pills in it (not crushed) then shake from time to time to completely dissolve.

Then you take a funnel (or a glass that can go to the oven) and put a coffee filter on it, I’ll pour the solution and wait till all the liquid is filtered, the binders (they don’t dissolve in alcohol) will stay in the filter while the spironolactone will be in the ethanol solution. Then I’ll take the funnel (or glass) and put it for 90 minutes in the oven (ELECTRIC one) at 71°C, the ethanol will evaporate and you will be left with pure dry spironolactone powder (1,2 g), at 71°C spiro doesn’t degrade. . Then you’ll need

60 % of ethanol
10 % of propylene glycol (as a carrier)
20 % of purified (distilled) water
10 % of aloe vera

To be honest I wouldn’t use this formula on my face and it’s the first time I heard of spiro used topically to treat acne, but I’m gonna use it to prevent hairloss while on steroids (I already made the solution but without the aloe vera)

Ethanol is an alcohol and spiro like all fats needs an alcohol solution to stay in suspension. Plus ethanol is a penetration enhancer that will act synergistically with the propylene glycol. Ethanol will also evaporate fast once on the skin and you won’t get a residue on it.

As for the propylene glycol you can change it by any other PE (penetration enhancer) such as isopropyl myristate (15-30%) or oleic acid or glycerol. But propylene glycol is the best one to use after DMSO (not to be used on the face). I have a doc that treats on transdermals and topicals and penetration enhancers, do you want me to send it to you??

With all the costs included is the homemade spiro cheaper than the 5% stuff bought here ---> http://www.wholesalehairproducts.com/

the one from wholsale hair products smells. but yeah making it is cheaper.

the instructions u just posted are much better than mine. the binders suck. plus i need to find a thinner lotion

it would be good for macro and dogue freshh to look at this. can some one ask them to take a look. ive been going though 60$ worth a spiro a month and i would like to cake on a lot more.

Flutamide,Cyproterone are also anti androgens that we might want to try, flutamine is suppost to be very strong. . ive been doing a lot of research on making spiro but still get get it to the point that im still confident its just as good as dr lee's

can some one help me out now that i kno how to filter out the spiro.?
?>

Last edited:
Back