scared of cardio

GymBum

myspacebarisbroken
Im working out every other day and attempting to do cardio on the days im not lifting. being that im trying to gain some size i want to conserve all the calories i can by not burning them when i can avoid it. i feel if i do cardio im going to loose any size i do have. i know i'm wrong with this but i can use some input as to when is best for cardio. im doing a 5x5 chest/tri back/bi shoulders/legs split. i do this every other day and abs on non lift days. is their a more productive way to split, like lift for 2 days rest for 2 ect. any ideas about cardio and the weekly split would be great. also working on my diet and will be getting around 3500cals which will help with the size thing.

cardio on your days off, or even after your workout will not hurt your size. Just do some light jogging/cross training/biking for 30 mins 2-3 times a week. It will not effect your size - other than helping keep the fat off.

outlawtas2 said:
cardio on your days off, or even after your workout will not hurt your size. Just do some light jogging/cross training/biking for 30 mins 2-3 times a week. It will not effect your size - other than helping keep the fat off.
Cosigns.

another thing you might want to consider is, the larger your body gets...the harder the heart has to work. therefore making it stronger is gonna help u in the long run. i am dieting for a show and doing 7 1/2 hrs cardio weekly.. but come off season, im gonna go it 3 times weekly at 30 min.

thanks for the input all, i have a heart rate monitor too.. so ill use that to keep it in my fat burning zone

cardio also impreoves your work capcity and your recovery. it pays to be in shape, trust me, do your cardio you wont wither away

GymBum said:
thanks for the input all, i have a heart rate monitor too.. so ill use that to keep it in my fat burning zone

CARDIO WONT HINDER GROWTH UNLESS YOUR BODY FAT GETS WAY LOW....YOUR BODY WILL BURN CALORIES FOR ENERGY, BUT DEPENDANT ON WHAT YOUR EATING, IT WILL MORE THEN LIKELY BURN THE BAD CALORIES YOU INTAKE FIRST SUCH AS THE FAT...

YOU DO NEED TO KEEP YOUR HEART HEALTHY, ESPECIALLY IF TRYING TO BUT SIZE ON TRAINING HEAVY...

YOU CAN ALWAYS INCREASE YOU CALORIC INTAKE WITH GOOD CALORIES TO OFFSET THE CARDIO ANYHOW..AND 30 MINUTES OF CARDIO DOESNT BURN THAT MANY CALORIES ANYHOW. I AM A FIRM BELIEVER YOU BURN MORE CALORIES TRAINING ANYHOW...

IF CARDIO IS FOR YOU HEALTH AND WELL BEING, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT..NO NEED TO HOURS OF IT A DAY THOUGH..

E

Back