Schredders summer training journal

And im not bashing guys who count macros or nutritional coaches who have their clients count. Its just not what I do. I did it twice and hated every minute of it.....HAVING to eat a set out amount of food.

Weird though about the midsectiom fat gain. Everything else is still super lean. I have veins and striations everywhere, like even veins I never had before. Lol weird. And the fat like I said is minimal. You can still see all my abs there just a lil 'softer' looking.

I know you were not. It is just a personal preference after all. Nothing is wrong with either approaches.

I guess your fat gain is very very minimal, as the very first place that it usually shows on is the abdomen. A little bit of softness there is not that bad. Thats the same that happened to me on my first bulk on AAS. I added perhaps a 1% of fat that I could only notice it at the very buttom of my abs section. Though my abs were much more defined that they were before!!

That's what I will do. I will adjust my food intake as I progress, if no fat is being gained then I will increase my calories more until I reach the point of counter productivity that you have mentioned (stressful stage)http://www.steroidology.com/forum/m...28-schredders-summer-training-journal-10.html....

That's amazing man. I'm glad to hear that your cycle is going very well. Hopefully you will keep growing exponentially size and strength wise.

As for your plan to cut in 10 weeks, dont you think that it is better to maintain for a while after your bulk so that your body is used to the extra muscle mass that you would have put on. This way you wont lose most of it while cutting the far. What are your thoughts on this?

Its not gonna be one day BANG clean food and cut. Cleanr foods will be introduced over a short period of timw while eliminating junk and carbs slowly lowered to a point where i see things happening in the mirror. And of course there will be Tren so there wont be any muscle lost ;)

Its not gonna be one day BANG clean food and cut. Cleanr foods will be introduced over a short period of timw while eliminating junk and carbs slowly lowered to a point where i see things happening in the mirror. And of course there will be Tren so there wont be any muscle lost ;)

Makes sense bro. so how long will your total cycle time be?
I am going to start a bulking cycle starting August. It should look like this :

Week 1-3: D-bol @ 50 mg/day
Week 1-3: Test Prop @ 400 mg/week Still not sure if I should front load with test prop
Week 1-12 Test E @ 700 mg/week
Week 8-16 Mast prop @ 400 mg/week
Week 11-16 Tren Ace @ 500 mg/week
Week 13-16 Test Prop @ 600 mg/week
Week 1-16 Aromasin @ 12.5 ed/eod
Weeks 3-16 HCG @ 250 iu/every 4 days
PCT:
Weeks 1-4:Clomid @ 50mg/day
Weeks 1-2:Nolva @ 40 mg/day
Weeks 3-4:Nolva @ 20 mg/day

What do you think of this cycle? is 16 weeks too long? I usually do 12 weeks?

Week 1-3: Test Prop @ 400 mg/week Still not sure if I should front load with test prop
PCT:

Not my thread, but I'll jump in...

With the dbol, I wouldn't bother frontloading testP...that's not a true frontload, anyways - what I'd suggest is doubling the testE dose for the first week to get your levels up quicker then proceeding as normal

There's nothing wrong with a 16 week cycle but I find I start to run out of steam (weight-gain wise) after about 8-10 weeks...looking at your compounds though, are you basically going to transition to a cut at that point?

PCT:

Total time? Dont even know just yet lol.

Whats you experience cycle wise? I dont wanna give ill advice on an assumption of how experienced you are.

Not my thread, but I'll jump in...

With the dbol, I wouldn't bother frontloading testP...that's not a true frontload, anyways - what I'd suggest is doubling the testE dose for the first week to get your levels up quicker then proceeding as normal

There's nothing wrong with a 16 week cycle but I find I start to run out of steam (weight-gain wise) after about 8-10 weeks...looking at your compounds though, are you basically going to transition to a cut at that point?

Yeah I agree witg you. I was debating using the test prop to help kickstart it especially that I am going to use the dbol for the first 3 weeks. I will do like you suggested. A double dose of test enth in the 1st week.

And no I wasnt gonna transition into cutting. I like to use tren towards the end of the cycle as it hardens me up and I find it solidifies my new gains.

P.s: looking good and shredded in your new avatar. Good progress buddy! Keep the good work up.

Last edited:
Total time? Dont even know just yet lol.

Whats you experience cycle wise? I dont wanna give ill advice on an assumption of how experienced you are.

I have been cycling since 4 years ago. I do one cycle a year. My first cycle was test e for 12 weeks with a dbol kickstart. Then I did a test e and npp cycle. Then I did a test/mast/tren cycle last year. And this year I'm planning the aforementioned cycle. I always did a clomid/nolva PCT. always took aromasin while on, and always took hcg during the cycle. Thats my humble experience with AAS so far. I didnt use DA as it wasnt necessary so far.

I have been cycling since 4 years ago. I do one cycle a year. My first cycle was test e for 12 weeks with a dbol kickstart. Then I did a test e and npp cycle. Then I did a test/mast/tren cycle last year. And this year I'm planning the aforementioned cycle. I always did a clomid/nolva PCT. always took aromasin while on, and always took hcg during the cycle. Thats my humble experience with AAS so far. I didnt use DA as it wasnt necessary so far.

Ok that's what I figured.

This is what Id do. And what you have layed out isn't bad Id just tweak a few things.

First of all DONT use Prop as a kick start. Keep the Dbol, but run it for longer.....6 weeks. Enanthate takes about 5 weeks or so to start doing its thing so you can be sure with 6 weeks of Dbol once you stop there wont be a lul. Also the Aromasins might need to be raised during this period as Dbol aromatises like a MFer..

You should really run the Masteron from day one and throughout, and at a higher dose....600mg minimum. If you did decide to go this route you can always run the Enanthate ester. It does the EXACT same thing, and costs you less in the end and less frequent pins. I have ran Mast 4 or 5 times now, and it should be a staple alongside Test as far as Im concerned.

The Tren Id run the last 8 weeks instead of 5, or however long you can make it. I don't think, at least IMO that 5 weeks is enough for it to shine and help you retain whats it given you.

Ive never used a DA either, with either Deca or Tren. 16 weeks isn't too long, you've done a few 12 weekers now so bumping it up now should show some extra positives.

Do you monitor bloodwork or donate blood or anything?

Ok that's what I figured.

This is what Id do. And what you have layed out isn't bad Id just tweak a few things.

First of all DONT use Prop as a kick start. Keep the Dbol, but run it for longer.....6 weeks. Enanthate takes about 5 weeks or so to start doing its thing so you can be sure with 6 weeks of Dbol once you stop there wont be a lul. Also the Aromasins might need to be raised during this period as Dbol aromatises like a MFer..
I will drop the prop in the beginning, and I will extend the dbols for 6 weeks as suggested. I will start with 25 mg ED and I will adjust the dosage thereon.

You should really run the Masteron from day one and throughout, and at a higher dose....600mg minimum. If you did decide to go this route you can always run the Enanthate ester. It does the EXACT same thing, and costs you less in the end and less frequent pins. I have ran Mast 4 or 5 times now, and it should be a staple alongside Test as far as Im concerned.
I rather the mast enth over the prop, but the reason I am using prop is because they were left over from last run, and I dont want them going to waste. I will try to get some more mast enth and run it sooner than I had laid out
The Tren Id run the last 8 weeks instead of 5, or however long you can make it. I don't think, at least IMO that 5 weeks is enough for it to shine and help you retain whats it given you.
I was gonna run it for 6 weeks (weeks 11-16 inclusive), I will see if I can adjust the dosage/duration and run it for extra 2 weeks

Ive never used a DA either, with either Deca or Tren. 16 weeks isn't too long, you've done a few 12 weekers now so bumping it up now should show some extra positives.
That's what I was thinking, I believe I'm ready for this step
Do you monitor bloodwork or donate blood or anything?
I do blood work before and after a cycle. I really want to monitor my levels throughout the cycle, but I dont know how to go about that. I live in Canada, and as far as I know, there is no private labs here, and blood work has to be prescribed through a doctor. I dont want that going on my record and triggering unnecessary fuss with the doctors I deal with as they all will have access to my records/results. Last time I had a blood work done, was a month after PCT and for some reason I had my free test value hitting the higher end of the range, and it raised some eyebrows and I was questioned about it. I dont know if there is a way that I can run blood work during my cycle, I would rather that then playing the guessing game, especially when it comes to estradiol level.
As for donating blood, I did not do it before, since I gathered that it is very recommended for compounds like EQ that thickens the blood a big deal, but this cycle I will donate blood regardless. I believe it has many benefits to do so, and I might be helping someone in need too. How often do you think I should donate blood?

How about the dosages of d-bol? Do you think 50mg ED is good or should I lower it to 30-40?
are tren and test at good dosages?

The doses of Test and Tren look good to me. Some say high Test low Tren some say high Tren low Test. Neither one is right, nor is it wrong, its personal preference. You've ran Tren before so your aware of upping or power the dose if needed or desired. I think the Dbol @ 50mg is great. I ran it @ 50 last time and loved it, blew up very quickly an with running it for 6 weeks once I stopped everything else was in full steam and I didn't lose any strength or size when I dropped it.

As far as blood work goes in Canada, ya it can be annoying, as we don't have private labs like in the US. The best thing is to have a good Dr. who doesn't judge or even care what your doing and whom you can be open with. But, that scenario isn't the norm. So if you don't feel comfortable talking to him/her about it then just run a normal CBC during your cycle to make sure your staying healthy. E2 SHOULD be monitored but you most likely wont get an approval to get that checked without some sort of an explanation as to why you want it checked.

You can donate blood every 56 days, and you should because every compound cause your Hematocrit (% of blood that is RBC) to rise. Its also healthy to do also as men because we tend to have more iron and higher hemoglobin in our blood compared to women so donating can also help lower those. And ya of course its also helping someone in need so that a big bonus as well.

Today was chest and biceps with some calfs at the end. Great workout again. My mind muscle connection has never been better which leads to these workouts being very painful and also the amount of blood shoved into the muscle due to this makes them bulge like Ive never seen like before. This cycle is going extremely well. I have been sleeping like a baby the past little while and with more rest than Ive previously taken the growth is happening daily. Its to the point now where people look at me funny at the gym, like wtf is going on with that guy, it feels good. Strength is climbing and this is happening with the form during the exercise being spot on so I know the muscle is growing and getting stronger not my whole body just being able to push more weight.

Anyways, it went like this

Flat DB press 5 sets with the last set being a quadruple drop and each drop a 20% decrease in weight followed by a 30sec loaded stretch on last set
Incline BB press 4 sets last set was a drop rest pause set
Decline MTS machine 3 sets
BW dips 3 sets
Incline DB flys, just a slight incline for 3 sets

Seated DB side laterals 3 sets with a triple drop on last set

Curl machine 4 sets drop on last set
Incline DB curls 3 sets
One arm cable curls (behind the head) 3 sets

I wanted some more blood in the biceps so I threw an extra exercise in there today and it was Hammer curls performed more like a drag curl and not an actual curl for 3 sets

Seated calf raise 3 sets triple drop on last set all rest pause sets.

Had a cheat before the gym today, a couple burgers from Wendys and some fries and a coke. PWO was 10g BCAAs followed by chicken breast and spinach pasta.

The doses of Test and Tren look good to me. Some say high Test low Tren some say high Tren low Test. Neither one is right, nor is it wrong, its personal preference. You've ran Tren before so your aware of upping or power the dose if needed or desired. I think the Dbol @ 50mg is great. I ran it @ 50 last time and loved it, blew up very quickly an with running it for 6 weeks once I stopped everything else was in full steam and I didn't lose any strength or size when I dropped it.

I had tried d-bol before but I did not feel as great as you do on it. It was g2g for sure, but maybe I'm one of the few who do not experience the great benefits of d-bol, or maybe because I started AI from the beginning and probably it shot my e2 level...

As far as blood work goes in Canada, ya it can be annoying, as we don't have private labs like in the US. The best thing is to have a good Dr. who doesn't judge or even care what your doing and whom you can be open with. But, that scenario isn't the norm. So if you don't feel comfortable talking to him/her about it then just run a normal CBC during your cycle to make sure your staying healthy. E2 SHOULD be monitored but you most likely wont get an approval to get that checked without some sort of an explanation as to why you want it checked.

Yeah that's a big problem for us here when it comes to blood work. I would much rather to pay for it and have the freedom to do it whenever I want and include whatever I need in it. Oh well...

You can donate blood every 56 days, and you should because every compound cause your Hematocrit (% of blood that is RBC) to rise. Its also healthy to do also as men because we tend to have more iron and higher hemoglobin in our blood compared to women so donating can also help lower those. And ya of course its also helping someone in need so that a big bonus as well.

Should I donate blood before I start the cycle too??

Wrt your training, I see you workout one body part, and at other times you workout two body parts at a time. Is there any reason why, or you just play it as you feel like it? What do you think of working out a body part twice a week (two body parts a day for 3 days, then one day off, then repeat the first 3 days again?

Ya I don't really have a set schedule, I train kinda however I feel, sometimes three days in a row, sometimes one, sometimes five depending on how I feel and whats going on. Also sometimes one body part and sometimes two or three. Rest days I take as I feel I need them. Its actually working really well for at this time. I do for the most part keep the muscle groups in order. I wont do, lets say chest then back then chest again, that makes no sense. But, If I feel smaller muscle groups like bis tris and delts are good a couple days after I train them Ill throw in a small amount of work on them.

As far as a 3 day split goes, I think its a awesome split and a great way to speed up growth, provided its set up properly. Something like this

Chest/Delts/Tris or Bis
Legs
Back/Delts/Bis or Tris

Hit side delts on both days and front with chest and rear with back. But eventually that will stop working as does everything and youll have to switch it up. You can actually see in this log a few workouts that are done as I just explained!

Legs got hit yesterday, I switched it up this go around, I went back and forth between hams and quads, I didn't do one then the other. It was a really good workout actually.

Kneeling plate loaded leg curl 4 sets
Leg extension 4 sets
Seated leg curl 4 sets
Leg press (one legged) 4 sets
SLDL with DBs 3 sets
Walking DB lunges 3 sets

The lunges completely did me in, what an exercise that is, the hardest on in the books IMO. Skipped out on calfs as I hit them the day before and they are absolutely fried. Much too sore to train.

Back day today!! Tomorrow is arm day so I hit back alone today and it was great, threw some new ideas in there and had a fun workout.

HS WG pulldown 4 sets double drop on last set
Medium neutral grip cable pulldown 4 sets
Overhandgrip cambered bar cable rows 3 sets supserset with cable pullovers 3 sets (what I did here was I used a cable row bench but I turned backwards on it and layed down and did the pullovers this way with the cable I used for the rows)
One arm cable rows
MTS row (wide grip) 3 sets (I used straps and wrapped them around the handles and used my straps as the handles, turned it into like a movement with a rope)
Rack pulls (underhand grip) 3 sets
Machine shrugs 3 sets double drop on last set

Back day today!! Tomorrow is arm day so I hit back alone today and it was great, threw some new ideas in there and had a fun workout.

HS WG pulldown 4 sets double drop on last set
Medium neutral grip cable pulldown 4 sets
Overhandgrip cambered bar cable rows 3 sets supserset with cable pullovers 3 sets (what I did here was I used a cable row bench but I turned backwards on it and layed down and did the pullovers this way with the cable I used for the rows)
One arm cable rows
MTS row (wide grip) 3 sets (I used straps and wrapped them around the handles and used my straps as the handles, turned it into like a movement with a rope)
Rack pulls (underhand grip) 3 sets
Machine shrugs 3 sets double drop on last set

I like those tricks. It is an eye opener as of how we can always be creative at the gym and get the desired exercise/movement done even if the machine/weights were not available, or occupied. That's some serious thinking outside the box man !!

Schredder would you be able to answer the questions that I had in my last post (they are imbedded in the quote). I guess they were not noticeable. Thanks for being so helpful man :)

@Willpower

I don't think the fact that you started your AI from beginning had anything to do with stunted gains from Dbol as that compound aromatises like CRAZY. Id actually run the AI higher than normal during the time youre running Dbol. I have heard of some guys who don't react as good as other guys on Dbol.

As far as donating before, you can. Or, you can start whenever you like. Blood work, or course, is the only indicator of if HCt is in fact high, optimal range is 38%-50%. You don't want to start getting over 50% that's not healthy. You are able to donate every 56 days. With all that said though donating isn't as important for guys who cycle on and off compared to guys who stay on or guys who are on TRT as once exogenous hormones are stopped the bone marrow will stop producing excess red blood cells.

Last edited:
Banged out some arms today and WOAH what a session. I think from now on there is going to be more days dedicated to arms.

Did 4 exercises for each, went back and forth between bis and tris with very little rest. Did some heavy stuff and some light stuff too.

Single arm standing cable curls 4 sets
Single arm cable push downs 4 sets

BB curls 21s 3 sets
Skullcrushers superset with close grip press 3 sets each

Hammer curls 3 sets
Single arm overhead DB extension 3 sets

MTS biceps machine 3 sets
Triceps pushdown 3 sets (I improvised on this one. What I did was I used the assisted dip/pullup machine. I put one hand on each side on the platform that you would normally put you knees on, I bent over to 90 degrees, flared elbows out and pushed down) With this I was able to keep a large amount of tension directly on the triceps and was able to really get a ood squeeze at the bottom. Definitely something that will be incorporated into my workouts from now on.

Chest is up tomorrow with some calfs.

Ya I don't really have a set schedule, I train kinda however I feel, sometimes three days in a row, sometimes one, sometimes five depending on how I feel and whats going on. Also sometimes one body part and sometimes two or three. Rest days I take as I feel I need them. Its actually working really well for at this time. I do for the most part keep the muscle groups in order. I wont do, lets say chest then back then chest again, that makes no sense. But, If I feel smaller muscle groups like bis tris and delts are good a couple days after I train them Ill throw in a small amount of work on them.

As far as a 3 day split goes, I think its a awesome split and a great way to speed up growth, provided its set up properly. Something like this

Chest/Delts/Tris or Bis
Legs
Back/Delts/Bis or Tris

Hit side delts on both days and front with chest and rear with back. But eventually that will stop working as does everything and youll have to switch it up. You can actually see in this log a few workouts that are done as I just explained!

This is an interesting split. What if I was to do the following:
Chest/Bis/ Hams
Back/tris/ Calves
Delts/ Quads
Rest one day, and repeat!
The reason I think this would be a good split for me is because I usually prefer to split up my legs workout as I get light headed big time if I was to do legs in one workout. So this way I would spread it over the 3 days split. Do you think this would be a functional split?

Back