Self-Tanners

You leave a thicker coat over night so that it absorbs and can activate your melonin. It gets all over the sheets...I just use white ones and bleach em'.

Well, I put on a coat of the #4! I'll probably see a noticeable difference when I wake up in the morning...

phoenixphyre said:
Well, I put on a coat of the #4! I'll probably see a noticeable difference when I wake up in the morning...

I saw a bit of a difference with the #4. I went to sleep with it and it doesn't stain your sheets at all(as my pillow case is light blue on there wasn't any on there).

I decided to go hardcore and put on coat number two tonight...even under the fluorescent light I saw a big difference...which means I'll probably be black by the morning!!

Love this stuff!!!:yesway: :yesway:

Anyone care to post before 'n after fake tan photos?

How convincing is this stuff for someone who can't augment it with some real tan?

--dnb

I'm thinking of ordering the Sun product. Anyone have any tips on how to apply it? Do you have someone else do your back? Do you wear gloves? Do you apply with a sponge or anything?

yeah... post some pics phoenix... it doesnt' matter if it is you arm or whatever... i would just like to see the difference... my wife is hard to tan (red head)...i am thinking of getting some of the stuff you mentioned

VeggieLifterChick said:
I'm thinking of ordering the Sun product. Anyone have any tips on how to apply it? Do you have someone else do your back? Do you wear gloves? Do you apply with a sponge or anything?

Stang and I just use our hands to apply it; then use a scouring sponge to scrub off the color off of the palms of your hands. You can use latex gloves, but I find them rather clumsy and get a better application without them....and yes, get someone to apply it to your back as you want to make sure you don't get any streaks in there.

After application, just let it dry for an hour and you can put your clothes on. As I usually apply it before bedtime (I sleep with it), make sure you're wearing some dark colored clothing as a bit may rub off on your clothes. If you do it during the day, you cannot bathe for a minimum of 4 hours.

Stang uses the #3 and that lasts about 5 days; since I am dark to start with, I use the #4 and that lasts about 7 days and both wear off evenly.

workinonit said:
yeah... post some pics phoenix... it doesnt' matter if it is you arm or whatever... i would just like to see the difference... my wife is hard to tan (red head)...i am thinking of getting some of the stuff you mentioned

Don't have any before or after pics as I'm naturally dark and I stay pretty dark 24/7...

...Stang has a back shot of my in his avatar...

Mr. dB said:
Anyone care to post before 'n after fake tan photos?

How convincing is this stuff for someone who can't augment it with some real tan?

--dnb

The stuff is great on its own, bro. As long as you have someone apply it to your back for you, you'll never need a tanning bed again. It really is quality stuff!

Fyre said:
I was thinking of using a self tanner in conjunction with the tanning bed to get a darker colour. What do you think? Do they all stain your clothes too? ;)

I'm a very fair skinned, natural blondie, so I know where you coming from! I've been going to the tanning salon since I was 16, now 24...so I was in heaven when I found "Clarins" (I've used many self-tanners)...and this stuff rocks! There are 2 different formulas, one for your body and one for your face...you can buy it at The Bay or from Sears. Costs around $40/bottle but includes a trial version of the face formula.

http://uk.clarins.com

:dance2: Don't forget your sunscreen!!

phoenixphyre said:

Hey Phoenix! I'm going to order some of the tanning lotion today. You said that the number 3 wasn't dark enough for u? Should i start with the number 3? I have a pretty nice golden base right now but I've got a photo shoot in a couple of weeks and I want to be as dark as i possibly can be. Should I go with the 3 or jump right to the 4?
I thought I'd ask before I ordered. thanks sweets! :kiss:

Fyre said:
Hey Phoenix! I'm going to order some of the tanning lotion today. You said that the number 3 wasn't dark enough for u? Should i start with the number 3? I have a pretty nice golden base right now but I've got a photo shoot in a couple of weeks and I want to be as dark as i possibly can be. Should I go with the 3 or jump right to the 4?
I thought I'd ask before I ordered. thanks sweets! :kiss:

If you have a pretty good base, then go for the #4; plus the fact the stuff lasts for 5-7 days.

Put it on right before bed and sleep with it. This way, it has a chance to set really well. You'll like that stuff alot and the #4 will get you pretty dark!

Let me know how it goes!!!

Fyre said:
Thanks sweetie, I appreciate the quick response.;)

No problem!! Oh! and I use my bare hands to apply...then I use a kitchen scouring sponge to scrub off the color off the palms of my hands. I tried the latex gloves before and I didn't like the clumsiness of them. Initally, it'll scare the shit outta you when you see your hands turn almost black, but with the sponge and some SoftSoap, it came off very easily..

I like Neutrogen Instant Bronze. Not too orange, goes on quickly and evenly and leaves an instant color behind so you can see if you missed any spots and look tanned right away. I get lots of compliments on my "nice tan" when I use it. It comes in medium or dark with a different formulation for face that I highly recommend using since the tan on your face will fade faster if you use the body product on your face. Warnings: Use latex gloves when applying the stuff or you will have tanned palms (it dries that fast), the quick tan effect is just a dye which can rub off on clothing but it will come off in the wash, your first shower after application you will see all the dye coming off and can be a little freaky, the quick tan is darker than the color left by the medium self tanner and it can feel like you washed away your tan (use the dark formulation if this bugs you).

I like this because it looks good, is relatively cheap (less than $15 CAN per bottle), leaves an instant tan that looks nice and is a good guide for missed spots, goes on quickly so you can get dressed within 10 minutes of application, does not streak or spot, has a seperate formula for face designed to work with the faster rate of exfoliation on the face.

Don't foget to exfoliate your body first with a good body scrub or a loofah!

Back