Shawne Merriman busted for roids

searched different articles and it wasn't mentioned specifically. only that samples A and B did confirm positive test for a steroid, not banned supplement, definite roid.

MPPM said:
searched different articles and it wasn't mentioned specifically. only that samples A and B did confirm positive test for a steroid, not banned supplement, definite roid.

yep found the same shit . . .it will be interesting to find out but I have a feeling ti will all be speculation and no one will really know.

as a tested athlete why in the world you would touch deca is beyond me. can stay in your system for over a year.

lolz!

SAN DIEGO — Shawne Merriman's attorney said the Chargers' outside linebacker failed a drug test because of a tainted supplement and will continue to play while appealing his four-game suspension.
Attorney David Cornwell said he believed Merriman tested positive for the steroid nandrolone, which is prohibited under the NFL's substance abuse policy. Cornwell said the substance was in a supplement Merriman has been taking.
"He did not go into the back alley somewhere and put a needle in his butt for steroids," Cornwell said at a news conference Monday, about two hours after Merriman practiced with the Chargers a day after their 30-27 loss at Kansas City.
Merriman said he spoke with teammates and coaches earlier in the day, and "apologized to them for this being a distraction, especially the critical time we're going through as a team."

MPPM said:
as a tested athlete why in the world you would touch deca is beyond me. can stay in your system for over a year.

I agree, it seems like athletes are crazy for deca and the reason is beyond me. Well besides the obvious joint relieft for pitchers and whatnot.

not crazy, they're just not educated. the risk vs benefit for a paying athlete (espeically 7 digits) to take deca is just suicide. an athlete in his position who knows what does what wouldn't think of touching deca. I'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass bigtime and/or the person who gave/recommended it.

MPPM said:
not crazy, they're just not educated. the risk vs benefit for a paying athlete (espeically 7 digits) to take deca is just suicide. an athlete in his position who knows what does what wouldn't think of touching deca. I'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass bigtime and/or the person who gave/recommended it.

He'll probably say he thought it was B6 and his trainer will take the fall.

Deca has been found in a couple anabolic supplements which makes me believe him because he knows deca is the worst thing to take as a tested athlete.

It said he tested positive for nandrolone, not deca specifically. It could have been NPP or nandrolone suspension, not sure of the clearance times on those. The clearance time for NPP is still rather high though I think.

skarhead1 said:
Deca has been found in a couple anabolic supplements which makes me believe him because he knows deca is the worst thing to take as a tested athlete.

other than banned prohormones which ones?

string_bean00 said:
It said he tested positive for nandrolone, not deca specifically. It could have been NPP or nandrolone suspension, not sure of the clearance times on those. The clearance time for NPP is still rather high though I think.

good point. I assumed deca.

skarhead1 said:

I think I've heard that too . . . smaller amounts but enough to show a positive test

Back