"Operation Raw Deal" 56 labs busted + YOUR name in database

ManOfMuscle said:
Money is usually the motivator, but why not legalize it and then make people pay them for it?

They already have... you can buy them AFTER you paid a doctor, and AFTER paying to a pharm company.
With UG labs you skip all that, and it is cheaper.

L.I.'s million-dose man picks suicide over trial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY TERI THOMPSON and CHRISTIAN RED
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Wednesday, September 26th 2007, 1:31 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Email Suggest a Story
New York-area drug labs part of major steroid bust
No excuse for HGH use: FedEx receipt exposes Rick Ankiel

At 36, Christopher Lance presided over a Long Island drug empire that generated over a million doses of steroids for what one assistant district attorney in Nassau County called "an amazing clientele base."

Facing 2-1/2 years behind bars if found guilty on state charges, and with federal charges looming, Lance committed suicide a week ago today, after a making a court appearance in Nassau County. Investigator William Gillespie of the Nassau County DA's office, a former NYPD veteran of 23 years, said he received a sobering call from Lance's attorney Joseph Ferri following the death. According to investigators, Lance, who left a suicide note, died of a drug overdose.

Lance was the ringleader of GenPharms, a Melville steroid manufacturing and distribution laboratory that was one of two Long Island "underground" outfits Nassau DA and federal Drug Enforcement Administration authorities recently took down, all part of a national drug-trafficking investigation labeled "Operation Raw Deal" that has exposed more than 50 such operations nationwide. A Farmingdale lab called "Strong Island Underground," also known as SIUG, was the second L.I. lab in the Nassau County investigation.

At a press briefing at the DEA offices in lower Manhattan yesterday, Nassau investigators said Lance operated the steroid ring from his mother's Massapequa home before relocating it to Melville within the last month. After DEA agents and Nassau County investigators busted Lance and seized approximately 1.25 million steroid dosage units, he was charged with five counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree.

Lance's wife, Debra Rosenbach, is charged with three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, and his mother is charged with two counts. Christopher Lance was to have made his next court appearance Dec. 5. Ferri would not comment on his client's death or the case when the Daily News reached him by phone yesterday.

According to Gillespie, part of GenPharms' operation was being run out of Lance's Melville apartment.

"It was an upstairs apartment with two bedrooms. One had his computer and a closet. The room was filled with Rubbermaid containers with finished products," said Gillespie. "There were vials ready to hit the street. There were plastic bags in Chris' lab that were marked, 'Do Not Breathe' and they contained Cytomel and Clenbuterol. In his bedroom, there were more containers under his bed, filled with vials." Gillespie added that Lance had been cooperative with authorities. Cytomel is a thyroid hormone typically used when someone is cycling off steroids. Clenbuterol is a powerful stimulant that has anabolic properties and is used to get a "ripped" look.

Teri Corrigan, the Nassau County assistant district attorney, said that her office's investigation did not yet have a connection to the national steroid-trafficking probe led by Albany County DA David Soares. Corrigan also said no professional athletes' names have surfaced in the busts of GenPharms and SIUG labs. But, Corrigan added, "a lot of what these guys did was over the Internet, so you're looking at screen names. It's difficult to identify who's on the other end of that screen name.

"They were basically very well-entrenched where they were in Nassau County and had an amazing clientele base and moved millions of shipments," Corrigan said of the two labs. "We've recovered 1.1 million dosages from SIUG labs and 1.25 million dosage units from GenPharms. It was an awful lot of product that had the ability to hit the streets."

this country is bullshit ..... our children are old enough to go to war and kill people to protect bush's oil... but they arent old enough to have a sip of a drink ? you call this a free country? i got arrested for walking home drunk i decided not to drive my car and i had to pay all kinds of fees and bull shit...... we have to watch what websites we go to and watch what we say on our phones .....certain places you cant smoke like in calabasas Calafornia you cant smoke anywhere only on your property ..... now Greece is a free country you can drink at any age do what the fuck you want to do and no one is on your ass..... cocaine weed and those drugs if you get caught its a really big thing .... give me a break im with all you guys 100% this country is turning into a real shit hole

estray said:
L.I.'s million-dose man picks suicide over trial

BY TERI THOMPSON and CHRISTIAN RED
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Wednesday, September 26th 2007, 1:31 AM

Print Email Suggest a Story
New York-area drug labs part of major steroid bust
No excuse for HGH use: FedEx receipt exposes Rick Ankiel

At 36, Christopher Lance presided over a Long Island drug empire that generated over a million doses of steroids for what one assistant district attorney in Nassau County called "an amazing clientele base."

Facing 2-1/2 years behind bars if found guilty on state charges, and with federal charges looming, Lance committed suicide a week ago today, after a making a court appearance in Nassau County. Investigator William Gillespie of the Nassau County DA's office, a former NYPD veteran of 23 years, said he received a sobering call from Lance's attorney Joseph Ferri following the death. According to investigators, Lance, who left a suicide note, died of a drug overdose.

Lance was the ringleader of GenPharms, a Melville steroid manufacturing and distribution laboratory that was one of two Long Island "underground" outfits Nassau DA and federal Drug Enforcement Administration authorities recently took down, all part of a national drug-trafficking investigation labeled "Operation Raw Deal" that has exposed more than 50 such operations nationwide. A Farmingdale lab called "Strong Island Underground," also known as SIUG, was the second L.I. lab in the Nassau County investigation.

At a press briefing at the DEA offices in lower Manhattan yesterday, Nassau investigators said Lance operated the steroid ring from his mother's Massapequa home before relocating it to Melville within the last month. After DEA agents and Nassau County investigators busted Lance and seized approximately 1.25 million steroid dosage units, he was charged with five counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree.

Lance's wife, Debra Rosenbach, is charged with three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, and his mother is charged with two counts. Christopher Lance was to have made his next court appearance Dec. 5. Ferri would not comment on his client's death or the case when the Daily News reached him by phone yesterday.

According to Gillespie, part of GenPharms' operation was being run out of Lance's Melville apartment.

"It was an upstairs apartment with two bedrooms. One had his computer and a closet. The room was filled with Rubbermaid containers with finished products," said Gillespie. "There were vials ready to hit the street. There were plastic bags in Chris' lab that were marked, 'Do Not Breathe' and they contained Cytomel and Clenbuterol. In his bedroom, there were more containers under his bed, filled with vials." Gillespie added that Lance had been cooperative with authorities. Cytomel is a thyroid hormone typically used when someone is cycling off steroids. Clenbuterol is a powerful stimulant that has anabolic properties and is used to get a "ripped" look.

Teri Corrigan, the Nassau County assistant district attorney, said that her office's investigation did not yet have a connection to the national steroid-trafficking probe led by Albany County DA David Soares. Corrigan also said no professional athletes' names have surfaced in the busts of GenPharms and SIUG labs. But, Corrigan added, "a lot of what these guys did was over the Internet, so you're looking at screen names. It's difficult to identify who's on the other end of that screen name.

"They were basically very well-entrenched where they were in Nassau County and had an amazing clientele base and moved millions of shipments," Corrigan said of the two labs. "We've recovered 1.1 million dosages from SIUG labs and 1.25 million dosage units from GenPharms. It was an awful lot of product that had the ability to hit the streets."

Killed himself facing only 2 and 1/2 years? Yikes.

Hey all. I read a post at Elite (I am not a member) and saw that an "atlas" in Franklin Tn was busted. Apparently he had a website. Does anyone know this guy...source or lab? "Deisl" or unleaded?

Doowai said:
Hey all. I read a post at Elite (I am not a member) and saw that an "atlas" in Franklin Tn was busted. Apparently he had a website. Does anyone know this guy...source or lab? "Deisl" or unleaded?
Are you serious?

Well I am as well PISSED off they should be using this money for the war on the illicit drugs like "H" and Coke and Crack and that kind of shiat. Man lifting and using a few small cycles of roids got me to stop partying like a rock star and probably saved my life from an over dose or a DUI or something. When my buddys would be drinking by 500pm on a Fri after work,.......I was hitting the gym and getting ripped instead of getting drunk and acting all stupid.. Hey it never stopped me from being social I just did things in better moderation. The Iron taught me allot.....sometimes I was too beat after a workout to go out so I would go eat a good meal and go the bed!!!

I am just pissed at this whole deal hopefully it is just a scare tactic and it will wash away with time

The reason drugs are illegal in the first place is because:

people cannot and will not take responsibility for their own actions, they always blame their problems or failures on someone or something else.

gymlion77 said:
I am just pissed at this whole deal hopefully it is just a scare tactic and it will wash away with time

Well it's certainly had that effect. People all over the boards are in freak out mode. It'll take some time before any level of comfortability (if there ever was such a thing) returns.

Poobah said:
That was 2.5 years of state charges, federal charges were pending and probably worse.
He commited suicide via drug over dose, he wasn't just selling Steroids; obviously.

"cytomel is a thyroid hormone typically used when someone is cycling off steroids."

I like how they even have a clue wtf they're talking about.

This is amazing, I finish almost an entire year of reserch to begin cycling and this has to happen. Maybe somthing is telling me not to use....

Anyone agree that this could snowball into somthing much bigger concerning sports and bodybuilding?

I doubt it. Its already illegal. Theres not much more they can do. Furthermore, its still very legal in many parts of the world and as long as it is and we have open borders, the shit will make its way into the US.

As far as pro athletes are concerned, they arent stupid enough to buy from UG labs. They get the shit from team doctors and crooked Anti aging clinics so these recent busts really wont have any effect on them. None of their names are gonna come out.

estray said:
As far as pro athletes are concerned, they arent stupid enough to buy from UG labs. They get the shit from team doctors and crooked Anti aging clinics so these recent busts really wont have any effect on them. None of their names are gonna come out.

Yeah I never understood why people were making such a big stink about athletes getting implicated. Even if a pro athlete was to go to a ugl I would think they would be smart enough to have someone else order the gear.

As long as There is a demand for steroids or any illegal drug for that matter there will always be people that will supply it. That’s the way things have been since you can remember. That's the way they will always be. Supply and Demand & Demand and Supply they go hand and hand. Shit in most big citys includeing mine theres nothing you cant get that fell off the back of A truck including Gear.

ManOfMuscle said:
Even if a pro athlete was to go to a ugl I would think they would be smart enough to have someone else order the gear.

While they went through a supposed 'legitimate' online pharmacy, Rick Ankiel, Gary Matthews, Jr., and Evan Fields (geez Evander, ya couldn't think of a better alias?) all ordered in their own name. A lot of athletes are not as smart as we'd like to believe.

Back