Should I move to Las Vegas to work in night life?

big12

Bros,

Here's my situation. I'm finishing school and the end of this semester. I have tens of thousands that I owe in loan debt for school that I will have to start paying back soon. I have several years of experience working as a bouncer in night clubs. I'm thinking of heading to Las Vegas after school is done. I'm interested in going because one of my old coworkers used to be a host at a strip club out there and told me that he used to make a grip in tips. He also said the cost of living is pretty cheap.

I honestly don't care about all of the adult entertainment options in Vegas, but I do want to get out of debt asap. I don't want to be someone who's still paying off school debt for 30+ years. I've contacted a few of my old coworkers who said they know some people out in Vegas. I guess it's kind of a hard place to crack into, but the possibility of walking out of work at a strip club with $1,000 in my pocket is pretty damn enticing.

It would be different to be in another state away from my family, but I'll survive the distance. I guess I just have to get past the part about having to start over in an area I'm unfamiliar with with no local support group. However, if I can get out of debt in a year or so, then I think all will be worth it. What do you guys think?

Dang, I thought some of the guys in here would jump all over a thread about moving to Las Vegas and talk about all of the trouble you can easily get into. I guess this forum has died down from what it used to be.

That's smart you are already thinking about your school loans and want to get out of debt. Debt is shitty. If you're a responsible person, it can really weigh on you heavily and cause all sorts of unhealthy stress. If you can find a job to help you get out of debt quickly, I so go for it. Besides, it's only temporary. It will be a great experience (good or bad) to try something different. I'm not saying I don't worry about the bills, but I was able to pay off ALL my debt (except my house) and even bought my two vehicles in cash (94 jeep cherokee, 2011 Jaguar XF). I have friends who live in Vegas, and once they lived there for a while, they didn't even bother with the nightlife anymore. And they LOVE living in vegas. Also, I think there's so many fine women in vegas, who knows, maybe you'll meet someone cool. Best of luck with your decision, hope it works out for you.

p.s. - if you end up working at a stripclub there, you better hook me up when I hit up vegas LOL!!!

Yes it's cheap to live their but it is also hard to get a job and salaries are lower, if you know you can get the job and at least a reasonable salary go for it. I got an addiction and not roids so I can't go within a hundred miles of vegas

Back