1 Workset

Upright Rows w/ a Plate:

1 Warmup w/#25
1 Workset w/#45

II. MEDIAL DELTS

Wide-Grip Upright Rows:

1 Warmup Set
1 Workset

One-Arm Medial Delt Dbell Lateral Raises(done while lying on my side, w/ my head at the high end of a Decline Bench, using a Dbell):

2 Sets of 15

III. POSTERIOR DELTS

Straight-Arm Dbell Kickbacks:

2 Sets of 15

Rear Delt Machine:

2 Sets of 15

Last edited:
is military press effectiv for the delts?

when i do this movements i fell it but just in the anterior delts........i read that move is not very good for the shoulder joint because of the angle

??

Re: is military press effectiv for the delts?

frenchtrainer said:
when i do this movements i fell it but just in the anterior delts........i read that move is not very good for the shoulder joint because of the angle

??

Behind the neck militaries w/ a straightbar are bad for the joint for sure bro. I have to admit, that they make my delts grow like nothing else, but I have been trying to go with alternatives to save the body. I popped my shoulder out of place about 7 months ago doing squats. I had the bar so low on my back while going heavy, that I guess the joint couldn't take the stress anymore, and I felt it go "POP" really loud. It didn't even hurt at first, but later that night it seized up like fresh layed cement. It is still fucked up, and I have to watch shit like that(BTN-Militaries), even if I go light.

To answer your queary though, that excersise is great for front & mid delts. They better preserve the joint by going in front of the neck, but I feel that you switch stress from 50/50(Fronts & Mid Delts) as with behind the necks, to around 80/20 favoring the front delts when you go in front.

Skedz ........has outlined a good routine for you
Here Is mine
Seated military presses....4x10 pyramiding
Rear Delt machine ..........4x10 "
Side laterals dumbells......4x10
Heavy seated dumbell shrugs 4x10
Hope this helps

Try using a 45lb plate grab it with both hands close to each other and swing it up so your arms are straight out do a few reps rest and then repeat with a 35 lb plate, Ck it out its killer. Mad Dawg!!

Back