Similar squatting injuries???

joshbeam1

Was doing deep squats a few weeks ago. It was my 315set for 5 reps, so its not like I was lifting super heavy or anything. Anyways on my 4th rep as I was coming back up I felt something in my hip almost like my leg was getting pulled out of socket. I about dropped the weight on myself. ANyways, I tried squatting 2wks later and couldn't even do my warmup w/135lbs. My leg still hurts in the very upper part of the thigh almost where it joins to the hip. Doesn't feel like a hurnia either. I've talked w/a nurse about it and she thinks I tore something, but I don't have insurance yet, so don't wanna spent a bunch of $$$ to have a ct scan or something like that. So was wondering if any of you have had something similar???
OH....PB has seen alot of my squat clips and said I had solid form, so I think it was just a freek thing.
Any help??
thanks

Get insurance and see a doctor. That is the only responsible advice any one should give you.

I pulled that muscle playing basketball in the summer. The doctor told me it would take up to a month to heal, but it got better in 5 days, I could barely walk for a few days though

The doctor told me to put ice on it, and take some advil

thetopdog said:
I pulled that muscle playing basketball in the summer. The doctor told me it would take up to a month to heal, but it got better in 5 days, I could barely walk for a few days though

The doctor told me to put ice on it, and take some advil
its been almost 1 month and it still isn't better.

talked to the physical therapist today and got checked up. He thinks its a lebrum tear(not sure if that spelling is correct) anyways..its torn cartiladge in the hip joint. Prob. means surgury. and i'm screwed for lifting heavy for a long ass time which totally pisses me off cuz I LOVED to lift.
anyways...says its not common, but happens to heavy lifters/big football players. But donno 4 sure until i get it scanned.
hope no 1 else gets some shit like this

joshbeam1 said:
talked to the physical therapist today and got checked up. He thinks its a lebrum tear(not sure if that spelling is correct) anyways..its torn cartiladge in the hip joint. Prob. means surgury. and i'm screwed for lifting heavy for a long ass time which totally pisses me off cuz I LOVED to lift.
anyways...says its not common, but happens to heavy lifters/big football players. But donno 4 sure until i get it scanned.
hope no 1 else gets some shit like this

That sucks man . . .sounds like if it's hip you probably can incorporate some bench and other type exercises. Is it more a generic disposition or does the hip cartiladge eventually tear? Good luck mate!

Back