Sneak Peak/Contest Prep

Carlos_E

These are the only pictures I'm posting for now. I'm going to take full body pictures closer to the show. I'm competing middle weight. These pictures were taken 4 weeks out. I'm now 2 1/2 weeks out and leaner.

Sneak Peak :p

tricep_resized.jpg

front_resized.jpg

front_double_resized.jpg

Damn Carlos, those delts are sick. I have big shoulders, but I need that medial head to POP like yours. Awesome work bro, looking good and dry at this point. Make sure you get up the full shots soon so DirkMoneyShot can tell you how bad you look. lol. just kidding Dirk!!

RJH8541 said:
Damn Carlos, those delts are sick. I have big shoulders, but I need that medial head to POP like yours. Awesome work bro, looking good and dry at this point. Make sure you get up the full shots soon so DirkMoneyShot can tell you how bad you look. lol. just kidding Dirk!!

If I recall Got Fina? claims I look like a sack of potatoes. :)

Last edited:
Carlos_E2 said:
If I recall Got Fina? claims I look like a sack of potatoes. :)

That's alright, I've been called a Walking Fat-Ass!! lol

What BF% are you right now. I just looked at your stats. Awesome. Would like to see the wheels though. I'm 3 inches taller than you and at 240, but my BF is obviously higher than yours. HAHA

Great job bro!!

btw, forget what I said, you DO look like a sack of potatoes :) lol

Picts 16 days out. I'm holding a little water in my lower abs and I've lost size on my chest while cutting but here's an update. I had a newb at the gym take the pict for me. He obviously needs photography lessons. And oh yeah.. I'm depleted. On very low carbs.

DSCN0260resized.jpg

DSCN0265resized.jpg

Very solid - once you drop that water and carb up, your skin is going to lay against your skin perfectly. So don't worry to much and do anything drastic about that lower ab wrinkle.

I'm assuming your coming in at the top of the middleweight category?

Good LUCK

Jason

water load and then dehydration .............that alone will give you 1st. PLACE in no matter what class you'll end up . it's easy to f..k it up . if i were you i really wouldn't do to much carb deplete and carb load but for sure not playing to much with the sodium .well i'm sure that you are very experienced the way you look .this is just what i would do............... you look really great already , you could almost go on stage like that and still win 1st........

wakejump4me said:
water load and then dehydration .............that alone will give you 1st. PLACE in no matter what class you'll end up . it's easy to f..k it up . if i were you i really wouldn't do to much carb deplete and carb load but for sure not playing to much with the sodium .well i'm sure that you are very experienced the way you look .this is just what i would do............... you look really great already , you could almost go on stage like that and still win 1st........

This is my first show so the more advice you can offer the better. I am on such low carbs right now I think I'm already depleted. What do you mean by water load vs carb loading? Also, I plan on doing a mild diuretic.

Carlos if you want some help with that last week let me know, I'd be more than happy to help.

with the comment he said I think what he is saying is don't deplete yourself to much and rely on carb loading. He thinks you should only mess with your water by upping your water now and then cutting it out later.

I don't think that is the best option but if you lay your plan down than we can discuss it.

option 1:
well what i ment is this . with your body condition right know i just wouldn't carb deplete too much in your final week . let's say your show is saturday .
sunday have a good carb intake about 1.5 g /lb
mon-wed deplete but not lower then about 70 g/day ,don't forget to also workout on those days and this will deplete you no matter what . also mon lots off water (2gal)
tues (more water) , wed (keep water as high as on tues) ,thursday keep water still high (add some herb diuretics) + carbsabout 2g/lbs bodyweight
friday carbs at about 1.5 g /bodyw. + high water +more diuretics + no sodium
i would stop water at about noon on friday (none untill the show) +jack up the herb. diuretics

option 2 (which i recommend for you):
sun-friday morning (jack up the water with each day )so that you have by thursday about 3-4 gallons
keep your carbs lower from sun -tue(70-100g)
wed-friday(carb up on wed and then thursday little less and friday less than thursday)start with ca 350g on wed.
also watch yourself in the mirror and decide if you need to eat less or more
then if you have a prescr. diuretic :stop drinking water at friday noon until show +use the diuretic )

you have to understand that everybody is different ,those options might make you spill over and it'll make somebodyelse full and shredded.

but agai you look good and belief me i've had many sleepless nights because of that whole last week thing . but at the end after a ton of research...........well you have to make your own opinion about the way my strategie worked for me . and i also listened to many people and i also looked at them too and of course i tried the strategy's of those guys that i've thought look the best.

wakejump4me said:
option 1:
well what i ment is this . with your body condition right know i just wouldn't carb deplete too much in your final week . let's say your show is saturday .
sunday have a good carb intake about 1.5 g /lb
mon-wed deplete but not lower then about 70 g/day ,don't forget to also workout on those days and this will deplete you no matter what . also mon lots off water (2gal)
tues (more water) , wed (keep water as high as on tues) ,thursday keep water still high (add some herb diuretics) + carbsabout 2g/lbs bodyweight
friday carbs at about 1.5 g /bodyw. + high water +more diuretics + no sodium
i would stop water at about noon on friday (none untill the show) +jack up the herb. diuretics

option 2 (which i recommend for you):
sun-friday morning (jack up the water with each day )so that you have by thursday about 3-4 gallons
keep your carbs lower from sun -tue(70-100g)
wed-friday(carb up on wed and then thursday little less and friday less than thursday)start with ca 350g on wed.
also watch yourself in the mirror and decide if you need to eat less or more
then if you have a prescr. diuretic :stop drinking water at friday noon until show +use the diuretic )

you have to understand that everybody is different ,those options might make you spill over and it'll make somebodyelse full and shredded.

but agai you look good and belief me i've had many sleepless nights because of that whole last week thing . but at the end after a ton of research...........well you have to make your own opinion about the way my strategie worked for me . and i also listened to many people and i also looked at them too and of course i tried the strategy's of those guys that i've thought look the best.

Thanks

Damn!! What does your delt routine look like??? Anyway I would love to look as good as that but take this criticism as you will, your arms and delts are so good that they really overshadow your chest and traps. may want to work on those latter two some more.

Goat Ass said:
Damn!! What does your delt routine look like??? Anyway I would love to look as good as that but take this criticism as you will, your arms and delts are so good that they really overshadow your chest and traps. may want to work on those latter two some more.

My chest I lost while cutting. :( I had my carbs way to low. As far as traps they're actually very good. You can't see them because of the way I'm posing, I have them pushed down. I'd have to post a front relaxed or back shot for you to see what I mean.

Back