Snowgirls first Anavar cycle.

snowgirl

Hi all, thought I'd keep a little journal of this as I found that reading other peoples really helped me with my research into var.

Little bit about me: Not going to pretend to be an expert or give a load of bs about how I have a decade of training under my belt lol but here goes. Have been training for around 3 years on and off but hard and consistently for around 3-6 months now (edited to add, had some time off for personal reasons). My diet has been spot on without any slip ups for 3 months. I know these are VERY short time periods in the grand scheme of things but bear with me. I also know that I have nowhere near reached my full natural potential BUT I'm an impatient f**ker (at least I'm honest!).

Stats: 30 y/o, 5'6, 140lbs, 21% bf (apparently) but I know that may not be accurate.

Diet: Have just changed this around (adding in a few healthy carbs as was previously on keto, just to help with my lifts while on this cycle, I want to get the most bang for my buck so to speak) Macros come in at Kcals: 1585 (Protein - 149g, Carbs - 98g, Fat - 67g). I don't eat any grains or refined sugar so carbs are all from sweet potato, a banana and dark green veggies.

Training: Mon: Legs, Tues: Chest and Tri's, Weds: Back and Bi's, Thurs: Shoulders and calves, Fri: Arms.
I also play rugby, so have a weekly training session on Wednesday for that and when it's in season, a match on a Sunday. Am adding in 2x20-30 min Hiit sessions to this schedule (mon and fri) to aid with the fat burn. I have a trainer 5 days a week who pushes me like hell, so no slacking ever occurs!.

Cycle: Planning to run Anavar for 7 weeks (week 7 to taper down). Weeks 1&2 5mg ED split into 2 doses. Weeks 3-6 (depending on sides) 10mg ED split into 2 doses. Week 7 will be back down to 5mg ED.
I am also trying out Raspberry ketones as a fat burner (a lot of hype about these, could be a crock of sh*t but thought I'd give them a whirl.) I don't tolerate caffeine very well and a lot of fat burners make me feel very edgy, but these seem ok so far.

Will be updating this as and when I can!

Last edited:
Yesterday....

Day 1: 7mg (approx) anavar (was going to start at 5mg ED split into 2 x 2.5mg doses but the tab wouldn't split right so will have to sort out my method for this!! It kinda broke into three pieces so I took 2 of them as a split dose.)

Sides: No sides yet obviously, feeling a bit more 'alert' than usual, could be the bit of caffeine in the ketone caps.

Workout: went well (leg day).

Today...

Day 2: Managed to split tabs into 4 without it going everywhere today so am going to revert back to the original plan of 2.5mg am and 2.5mg pm for 2-3 weeks then if no sides, up to 10mg for the rest of the cycle and taper back down the last week.

So far, the raspberry ketones are making me p*ss loads - good for the water retention I was concerned about I guess! Feeling quite horny (I'm usually bad enough as it is lol) var kicking in already? And my biceps feel quite solid today compared to how they usually feel; maybe it's all in my mind lol!

Sides: Just the horny feeling, not a bad thing I suppose.

Workout: Chest and Tri's: all lifts are up from previous weeks, some quite considerably. I am putting this down to the added carbs I think.

My trainer has suggested taking wednesday's off due to the rugby training being on that day...so will be dropping the friday arms day and keeping the rest of the split the same, but with the wednesday as a 'rest' day (from lifting anyway).

NICE Thread... I will be subbed to this to see your progression... Post some before pics and then post some afters when you have completed your cycle..... You should see some great gains and be happy if you have legit Anavar...

A few pics...the first and the attached one (dont know what happened there?!) is from before I started doing anything...FAT BITCH ALERT haha!
The rest are all taken today, I hold sh*t loads of fat on my arms, it's a pain in the arse but I'm gonna get rid of it if it kills me! I hate my stomach at the moment too (obvs not as much as I did before lol!!) and there is also a huge new tattoo there that I really can't be arsed to attempt to blur out (managed to do my others but they're not as big!) Maybe when I don't hate it so much I'll put a pic up lol!

View attachment 551979View attachment 551980View attachment 551981View attachment 551982

Last edited:
View attachment 551983View attachment 551984View attachment 551985View attachment 551986

A few more....lots of work to be done.

Seem to be getting a bit of definition around my chest which I like...forearms are getting good too. Like I said, I know I have a TON of work to do and I'm 100% committed to this. Am fully aware that I'll probably get ripped to sh*t for cycling so soon without being at a lower bf% etc but hey ho, I made my decision and I'm determined to get some good results ;)

Last edited:
Day 3:
2.5mg am and 2.5mg pm. Bit of a headache since waking up, haven't taken any painkillers, just going to see if it goes by itself. It's not awful, just annoying! No gym today, hour of rugby training, was mostly interval stuff and tbh it killed me this evening, found it really hard on my lungs - could be the few weeks off that we've had but I don't know! Holding quite a bit of water weight today too, noticed it came on after I ate a banana earlier and it happened the other day too I think...maybe knock the bananas on the head and see what happens because I HATE water retention.

On a positive note, the headache cleared up...after a co-codamol (couldn't find anything weaker lol) but still.

Sides: Headache and water retention (not sure if related to Anavar (var) though)

Workout: 1 hour rugby training, pre season fitness (intervals etc).

Last edited:
DEFINITELY in on this. Nothing more awesome to me than a woman taking her health into her own hands and doing something about it. Still researching for my wife, so I can't wait to see these results! Much respect for posting before pics on a forum full of strangers. It takes a lot of courage to do that, especially as a woman in a forum full of men. Definitely repped for sure. Keep the updates coming! :)

Thanks for the support guys....haha yeah I was a bit cringe about posting the pics but thought 'f*ck it'...It's a good thing to have them to look at as an incentive to improve and not EVER go back there again! And if this thread helps others out too, then all the better :D

Day 4:
2.5mg am and 2.5mg pm. Had bloods done today just to make sure everything is as it should be BEFORE I get too far into the cycle! Looking forward to getting the results back! Crap nights sleep last night, kept waking up…annoying. Water retention has mostly gone from yesterday, so well happy about that!

Sides: Nothing negative to note

Workout: Back and Bi's…have a bit of a niggle with my left wrist, think it's a tendon so couldn't do my usual curls, had to stick with hammers and cross body hammers?! Crazy pumps in my forearms like I've never had before from those!

ALL weights are up from previous week…very happy!

Nice keep up the good work... Sounds like your Anavar (var) may be starting to get into your blood and go to work. I love the pumps and vascularity from Anavar (var) ...

Day 5:
2.5mg am and 2.5mg pm. Pretty tired earlier today, had a crap nights sleep due to the heat. Have also noticed that I'm having some weird dreams the last couple of nights too lol!

Sides: Nothing negative, still got the raging horn...if anyone was considering buying shares in Duracell then now is the time to do it...just remember to sell them on in approx 6 weeks ;) haha!!

Workout: Shoulders and Calves...smashed it again, all weights are up from last time...awesome!

Day 6:
2.5mg am and 2.5mg pm. Another crappy nights sleep and to top it off I woke up oat about 4am with really bad shoulder pain (it's not a new thing, my back by my shoulder blades always gets a bit 'knotty'. Spent the rest of the night sleeping with a tennis ball under it!

On a positive note, I've noticed that my biceps definitely feel harder and the 'peak' is looking a bit more peaky! Also…I can now do an overhand wide grip pull up…never been able to before EVER…tried last week and couldn't do one….so think the strength gains may be kicking in a bit!

Sides: Nothing negative apart from the bad sleep, I'm not sure if it's the Anavar (var) or the warm weather though. HORNY AS FUCK!!

Workout: Rest day today.

Day 7:
2.5mg am and 2.5mg pm. Slept ok, well as ok as you can when you go to bed at 5am….seem to need a lot less sleep since taking these!

Sides: CHIN HAIR!…ok, so that's a bit dramatic…it's one chin hair and I plucked it out no probs….have had it there before (don't we all!!) but it just seemed a bit thicker this time. HORNY AS FUCK!!

Workout: Rest day

Day 8:
5mg am and 5mg pm. Thought I'd step it up seeing as I haven't had any awful sides…so on 10mg ED now.

Sides: Pretty bad bloating today, will see what it's like tomorrow as it could be food related (had to eat 2 of my meals in one sitting as I didn't have time to eat them all today!)

Workout: Legs…OMG best workout EVER….really pushed it and totally smashed it, if I could bottle the feeling I had after this workout, and sell it….I'd be on my own private island sunning it up right now!! AWESOME! Oh and crazy pumps too!

snowgirl said:
HORNY AS FUCK!!
I've seen this as a benefit of 'var, but I have to admit - your log is definitely making me want to pick some up for the missus based on this alone! LOL. :D

Keep the log going! :)

Haha!! Yeah....it'd do the trick alright! Although I've read some people saying that it has the opposite effect...think that's probably rarer though. They say guys think about sex 19 times a day....I'd hazard a guess that this stuff has easily put me on an even par with that lol!!

Day 9:
5mg am and 5mg pm. Legs don't feel too bad after yesterday which I'm glad about. I'm starting to really notice the strength gains now, it feels great so far!

Sides: Have a little pimple by my chin, nothing huge and gross but I hardly ever get spots unless it's the run up to shark week lol, then I usually get one! It IS mega hot here at the moment though, and heat means sweat and sweat means spots…that's what I'll tell myself anyway! Still got a bit of water retention, it's not an awful lot and it only starts to appear after I've eaten….probably the carbs, they do that to me anyway!

Workout: Chest and Tris…well, this went rather well…my trainer has me doing the Y3T program…don't think I mentioned that…anyway, this week was the 12-16? rep range week. Last time on this workout I think I only used 6kg dumbells on the incline press….yeah how crap?! Anyway…this week I was using 10kg for 16 reps….looking forward to heavy week in a fortnights time to see what I can get on my bench!!

So to summarise…huge increase in weight for chest and my tri pushdowns also went from 25kg last time up to 40kg this time round for 16 reps. Whacked a fair amount extra onto every other move too…so everything is UP!!! Hope this trend continues because I'm WELL impressed with this so far!

loving the regular updates :) keep at it girl.

Looking forwards to hearing the horror storys of week 3 calves on Y3T!! Maybe look at running with DTP on week 3? - love child of Kris Jenkins who works closely with Yoda.

Day 10:
5mg am and 5mg pm. Bit tired today, had to have an afternoon nap! Not sure I'm liking this day off in the week…I miss being in the gym! My chest muscles feel huge…I have pecs haha!! Gonna need a boob job after this…it's not gonna look right otherwise!

Sides: Nothing new to report…tiredness? Not sure if that's to do with the Anavar (var), still a tiny bit bloated after food.

Workout: Rugby training…once again, struggling with the cardio big time…wasn't this bad before…pretty sure it's to do with increased muscle mass since I've been hitting the weights, really need to work on improving this. Think I'm going to start adding a bit of tennis in on top of the rugby for my cardio…I like tennis, I won't find it so horrendous!

@The_Brit....very good point...that's going to be an interesting week...it was bad enough last time around!! I'll see how it goes..but yes, you may well be onto something with your suggestion!! :D

Back