Sodium Hydroxide as Estrogen Solubilizer?

taurus76

bros, i am converting 5 carts Syno. i have sodium hydrixide NaOH(lye) as my estrogen solubilizer. is 2 tbsp enough to remove estrogen from my methanol/TP/EB liquid??? and is it ok to add the NaOH in its powder form to my liquid?????

If you use NaOH in your experiment you will only make half of the estrogen soluble that is in the TP solution . Thats better than nothing as well you will strip the ester off the TP and will be left just test , that means you will have to inject you cow ED instead of EOD or you could just use D**ed's kit his estrogen solubilizer will make 99% of the estrogen soluble , and it will not strip the ester off . The NaOh will work just fine if you cannot afford D**ed's solubizer , just make sure to rinse the TP crystals with plenty of distilledwater and also make sure you check the ph level the way you do this is by using litmus paper , make sure that you touch the paper to the bottom of the coffee filter after you have rinsed the final product several times , i would recomend rinsing with at least a half of a gallon .

Good Luck

NaOH will soluabilize all of the estrogen. It will also saponify the propionate ester leaving you with TestNoEster. Using about 1 gram NaOH to 1 gram estradiol will give you approximately a 10:1 XOH:E2 ratio which is plenty to ensure your solution is basic enough to phase the estrogen into the water soluable salt phase.

Substitute a tertiary base and you will be left with test propionate. These are harder to obtain and probally easier to use Dazed.

I was under the impression that the NaOH base wasnt strong enough to turn the estrogen to a solubale salt . I have just started learning about Organic Chemistry. I guess i will have to hit the books more....

Be careful using NaOH crystal too. Depending on what you add to the mix, it can create a hot reaction that could burn your hands when handling it. A friend of mine got 50% NaOH solution sprayed in his face after a peristaltic pump went kaput in his face. He had some bad burns that required paramedics and ER attention, and in a couple of weeks I have to go before a corporate committe to vote whether the accident is chargeable to him or not. It will be a non-chargeable accident though.

Why get syno when other stuff is available with so much less work involved?

Back