Sporting Legends

Muay Thai Guy

Last night on the radio they were discussing sporting legends

Not just people who excelled in their field but u know, made a difference to the world because of what they did.

Various names were mentioned including
Sir Bobby Moore, Pele, Muhammad Ali etc

so for you who would be a sporting legend, and who do you look up to in sports?

For me personally it would be Muhammad Ali. He was one of the greatest sporting legends of all time. He made a difference to the world around him. In his fighting and his political stance against the war in vietnaam
the whole fight and buildup to the rumble in the jungle was awesome as he defied world opinion to beat foreman!!

Roy Jones Jr. and Julio Cesar Chavez. Roy is my pic as the greatest of all time pfp. Chavez was 105-5-2. He won 90 fights before his first defeat.

Muay Thai Guy said:
i don't really know who gretzky is
hehe
jcp2 u don't like Ali?
Ali was great, but not the end all of boxing people make him out to be, because of his political stanse, and the fact that he wans't just a "dumb" boxer i think he gets more credit than he deserves. Now that being said he was one of the best three or four boxers.

Ok i don't understand why you used the F word then hehe
his political stance being with the N.O.I.? Well thankfully he reformed from that but i love the way he stood against going to vietnam!

Muay Thai Guy said:
Ok i don't understand why you used the F word then hehe
his political stance being with the N.O.I.? Well thankfully he reformed from that but i love the way he stood against going to vietnam!
I don't reallly have an opinion of his stance other than that is what brought more attention to him as a boxer than he would have gotten without. About Vietnam, i honestly could care less as i still don't understand the reasoning for that war, and i think we should be in Iraq, so i am not anti war by any stretch.

Muay Thai Guy said:
Please don't turn this into a thread about jingoistic attitudes towards war and politics.
I can see you're a passionate american by your avatar but really there's no need here mate
:confused:

I think sometimes being great as a player or athlete is amazing, but some true legends have been made not only by what they did in theor sport but actually outside of it as well. Gretzky is by far the best hockey player ever, Jordan may be the best basketball player but that is not everything

Muay Thai Guy said:
Can a moderator please delete my non relevant posts on this thread (including this one please)
you can delete your own posts, use the edit function. ;)

ok heres my list:

John Elway
Wayne Gretzky
Michael Jordan
Muhammad Ali

That pretty much covers it for me.

bird_lg.jpg

Back