sterilizing injectable gear?

kojie

Geek bodybuilder
hi bros,

is there another way to sterilize it w/out the use of an oven??

tnx

--kojie

so your saying that by filtering with a .45 and .2 will do the job??

tnx for the reply bro

--kojie

kojie said:
so your saying that by filtering with a .45 and .2 will do the job??

tnx for the reply bro

--kojie

No, what he is saying is that filtering takes care of most of the bacteria. You should still bake your gear @ 275 degrees for at least an hour once you filter to be sure to sterilize completely. Remember, you are going to be shooting this into your body!!

RJH8541 said:
No, what he is saying is that filtering takes care of most of the bacteria. You should still bake your gear @ 275 degrees for at least an hour once you filter to be sure to sterilize completely. Remember, you are going to be shooting this into your body!!

thats why i was surprised at his reply....

now back to my original question..

any thoughts on how can i sterilize w/out using an oven ??

tnx for the reply btw :)

--kojie

Whats your problem with using the oven bro??

As you probably know......sterilisation is a process that usually requires heat.It could be either dry.......or steam.(You can also "cold sterilize".....but that method doesnt apply to oils,just solid objects.)I`ll check wether cold sterilising a vial will also sterilise the product inside.....but i dont think it will.Also......in the industry i work in ....we use soluble sterilising tablets...........look into it

If you are talking about the finnished product(oils) and not your vials/equipment .,,,,the only ways i know of to avoid using the oven would be to steam......(but you "may?"get some moisture in the vials),or to microwave.....(but i dont know how long for or at what temp........or wether it will degrade the hormone)

If you have the cash......you could just buy yourself a steriliser....or autoclave.......but its big bucks.

hope this gives you stuff to look into.

autoclaving is normally is used for equipment. the biggest draw back is damge to the vials, stoppers and seals.

the reason i said filtering does the brunt of the work is because it does the brunt of the work. =0l i always heat sterilze after wards and dont use a .2 filter either cept for bac water. there are very few bacteria tha can pass thru a .45 that a .2 will trap. even so there are still bac that can pass thru a .2 thats the reason for heat sterization. but to be honest a lot of folks dont heat sterilze and have never had a problem.

So-Solid said:
Whats your problem with using the oven bro??

As you probably know......sterilisation is a process that usually requires heat.It could be either dry.......or steam.(You can also "cold sterilize".....but that method doesnt apply to oils,just solid objects.)I`ll check wether cold sterilising a vial will also sterilise the product inside.....but i dont think it will.Also......in the industry i work in ....we use soluble sterilising tablets...........look into it

If you are talking about the finnished product(oils) and not your vials/equipment .,,,,the only ways i know of to avoid using the oven would be to steam......(but you "may?"get some moisture in the vials),or to microwave.....(but i dont know how long for or at what temp........or wether it will degrade the hormone)

If you have the cash......you could just buy yourself a steriliser....or autoclave.......but its big bucks.

hope this gives you stuff to look into.

lets just say i can't use an oven thats why i posted this question.....

how about a pressure cooker ?? for the steam part?

--kojie

as long as you can control the pressure. autoclaving is done for time, pressure and temp.

bro just filter it and let her go.

We process surgical instruments for 15 min. at 275 degrees in a steam autoclave. Just figure out a way to cook it. Im not shooting anything without cooking it for at least 15 min. twice. Im sure just filtering will be ok, but Im not doing it.

There is plenty of supporting evidence on how you cannot sterilize oil in 250F oven temps... Oil has to be sterilized at 330+ for a MINIMUM of 1 hour...

At this heat level... You can possibly degrade the hormones in your preparations.

Clean and sterilize all surfaces. Filter. Be done.

Back