Steroid cycle at 18 years old, still a mistake?

gulk

Hi, so I’m 18 and thinking about running a cycle. I know I will get roasted for this, I will listen to people but I don’t want the whole ‘you’l fuck up your hormones’, like what specifically is likely to go wrong? I’m not jumping in without knowing anything, I’v done my research (I’m not by any means saying I know everything, but I feel like I have a reasonable understanding of what I’m thinking of doing). I’v read through forums and and have an understanding of the sides of steroids. I’m not an idiot looking to get jacked, I’m doing my A-levels now and I’m doing chem bio and phys so I actually find the topic really interesting to read around. On researching natural test levels I struggled to find much for teens, the best I could find was under 25s, but it looked like a teen with good test levels was around 800-1000ng/dl (around 300mg jab a week I think, I found these conversions hard to understand). I know I have enough test at my age anyway but test isn’t really what I want to increase, I think I might need it if I get shut down though.

So what I really wanted to run was anavar (and possibly primo), I was thinking of running the anavar at 50mg ed for around 8 weeks. I know anavar will shut me down and so I would need at least maintenance test (maybe I could use a little higher than maintenance?). From what I’v read and been told by friends using it themselves, Test E would be the best for me, more convenient than P due to the half life and it seems like less people suffer from gyno than using C. I would also run PCT after the cycle, I have researched this but it all seems similar so I won’t list it here (I wouldn’t begin anything before I was confident and had everything planned up until the end of the PCT).

My stats will be below in a separate post but my goal is to cut down. I know I am able to bulk very well at my age with discipline and diet which I feel I have been doing for the past few years, but I want to cut down without the great loss of muscle which feels inevitable. I have tried cutting before but what I found was the more cardio and less food, the less strength and less muscle. Last time I attempted to cut I lost around 7-9kg (sorry I’m UK so it’s metric) but I looked in the mirror and I really couldn’t see a significant change in tone, I definitely lost fat but its not was I was hoping/expecting, I really didn’t want to drop my weight too low, I wanted to stay in the 200lb region as I’v worked hard to get there.

Through reading old threads the most common arguments against it is ‘it will fuck up your hormones’ and ‘it will stop your growth/ your growth plates haven’t sealed yet’. I know that when anavar was designed one of the main uses was growth in children so I don’t see this as a major concern, and I would only be running test at maintenance or slightly above so I don’t think this would be a major concern (that one is more of a question, maintenance test and fucking up growth??).

I realise this is a long one and I really appreciate anyone getting to the end of it, I’l post my stats under this. I’d be really grateful for any replies and advise, I’m not stubborn and I won’t be selective with what I take on board but please don’t just fill the replies with ‘don’t do it’, would this theoretically be sensible? And looking past maturity ect, could this work? This is a big decision so I would really appreciate all you have to offer.

Here are my stats (and background)….
I started lifting when I was 14 (min age for my gym, got a membership as soon as I could). Obviously like any 14 year old I was shit, didn’t eat to match my training and did biceps and chest every time I went (pls forgive me I was foolish), I did make a little progress I guess but nothing significant, but this really got me hooked on the gym, I was there 6 days a week on my own just lifting weights and doing a little cardio, 2 hour sessions maybe. At around 15 I starting picking up tips and becoming more knowledgeable about the subject and starting doing things better, I didn’t have a diet plan but I would consciously eat (fairly) clean food and I followed a workout plan and from then I saw great progress. I went from 46kg (101lb, no i don’t have that wrong I was ridiculously skinny, like 3rd percentile and I was almost diagnosed with anorexia) at age 15 to now 100kg (220lbs) at 18. I am always accused of abusing steroids (mostly jokingly of course), to the point where I had teachers asking me about it through concern and even my parents have asked. The peak of my most recent bulk was 107kg (235lb).

Stats:
Height…5ft 11
weight…100kg (220lb)
Bodyfat around 16-17%.

My workout I think are pretty good, I will post them if anyone asks but I don’t think they are an issue, I’v seen good progress with them and I’v used a few PTs.

My diet will have flaws I know, I am not lazy with my diet, I find this hard purely due to my daily life, work and college but here goes, this is the order not the timing. I do have the cals all right I weigh the majority of it …

Porridge (oats)
2 glasses of milk
protein bar
rice+chicken/fish
rice+salmon (this is always the same, smoked/steamed/raosted)
fast carbs before the gym (this might be juice or similar, it varies)
2x protein shakes (1 before workout 1 after)
brown toast+peanut butter (sometimes sub this with pack of nuts depends whats available)
Porridge
2/3 glasses of milk
Il also have greek yogurt most days first thing in the morning and just before bed.

This is what I’m eating at the moment, comes out 3700 cals which I’m maintaining on if not loosing weight slowly and 250+g protein. At the height of my bulk I was on around 5000 cals, this really piled on the muscle but obviously fat too. I would up it when doing cardio depending on cals burned (I would also work this out to the best of my ability). I can be more strict with my diet while I would be cycling and for the majority of it I will be on holiday which will make it much easier for me.

Supplements:
At the moment all I’m taking it whey and creatine.
I would usually be on BCAAs and pre workout too but I went into my supp shop once and the guy had a chat with me about BCAAs. He said that unless I’m doing starved cardio or workouts out first thing before I’v had substantial food/protein then they were pointless, is this true? And with pre workout I’m going to start again this weekend, I just happened to run out and thought id take a short break. Sorry theres so much here I just figured the more info the better.

You lost me at test e is a better choice because it doesn't cause gyno like test cyp or prop would. Test is test. Period! Only difference is the half lives. Your theory of anavar being used in children is skewed. They were not using high doses of it and they do not use it anymore. As far as messing up your hormones, growth plates, etc... this is a serious possibility. You can also cause mental damage too since your brain isn't fully matured. You'll possibly be stuck thinking like a teen ager the rest of your life.. I would suggest doing a lot more research. Mrrippzilla has a thread on this various subject. I believe it is linked in the ology faq's thread. Your going to do what you want to do. I'm just pointing you in the direction on why you shouldn't yet...

Get as much natural gains as possible. why gamble the rest of your natural hormone levels/endocrine system, for a few silly pounds of muscle? (granted you'd probably blow the f*** up in size and strength with any test+ cycle)
i like the amount of thought you put into this, but maybe a few more years would be the smartest move.FAQ FAQ FAQ!!!! but to each his own. stay safe brotha :D

Seems to me that for where you already are there is no way that this pencils out in terms of risk vs. reward.

Well my reasoning would be to make sure you grow to full height. I grew an inch between 24 and 25

At 5'11 your shorter than most 18 year old women here. Most women want a man at least 4.5 inches taller than them so they can where heals when they go out. Most of it comes down to what we do for the ladies. The health stuff you will ignore your 18 and have no clue that steroids can kill you.

So, the gist of this is that you want to cut, read anavar has this benefit and want to make the intelligent choice of having a test base.

I give you credit for at least understanding that part, although anavar's fat loss properties are greatly over exaggerated, and 50mg is likely too small of a dose.

Now to the real information for you to digest. At 18, you seriously have a tremendous amount of potential hormonally. Your growth hormone and testosterone levels are quite high, and as your stats suggest, you can make fantastic progress naturally.

You're really only lacking two items here:

Nutrition (I glossed over it, but the cals look off), which can easily be improved. Just find a TDEE calculator online, subtract 500 cals or so, meet your minimum protein (1.5g per pound of mass) and fats (usually 0.3-0.4g per lb), then fill in the rest with carbohydrates.

Training. You don't need to do cardio if your diet is in check unless you're pushing beyond sub ten percent. I know a few VERY ripped gents, and cardio wasn't even on the list until a competitive event came up where body fat had to drop to single digits.

Removing cardio has an AWESOME impact on how cutting works. Your strength hardly suffers (it doesn't matter how much we tell ourselves that weight moved isn't an issue - dropping plates down or grabbing smaller dumbbells DOES mess with our heads) and the fact that you're at a small deficit while building muscle will do the work for you.

I'm totally serious. Train hard, eat right, rest well, and you WILL see changes. Cardio WITH resistance training AND a caloric deficit will leave you grumpy and flat.

I absolutely promise that if you change these two things, by the time you're done developing, you'll be READY for AAS if it's still a thought.

Way too many take what they think is a shortcut, only to find a regret.

My .02c :)

Holy crap, 18 and want to cycle. How many years you have ben lifting for you at 18 does not qualify you fore AAS use. AND for you there is only an attempt t be safe when it isn't for 18.

From what you said kid I'm sorry and I don't want to hurt your feeling but you have many things wrong, very wrong and Tbone addressed some.

THis is in reality Russian Roulette for you and the gun only has two bullets.
Read all the stickys on the forum. DO NOT DO THIS KID

OP said not to tell him nod to do it... Geez you guys don't listen very good. Lol

The only time I'd advocate aas at such a young age is if you're so genetically gifted and driven to be a bb pro that you need s little boost to get you there that much quicker. Even then, 21- 22 is better. But in reality those that in this category are so few and far between. Mostly impatience drives kids to the shortcut aas provides giving heed to the wind thinking it won't affect them down the road. And j don't know the percentages. But is it really worth taking the chance?

Thanks everyone, I think I'll wait. I don't want to sound impatient but 7 years does sound a lifetime. But I'm not just gunna jump in I'll be looking for advise again before I start (if/when I do). But I know my diet need a lot of work, can I get help here for this? I know it's a steroid forum but surely people who are knowledgeable about steroids must have their diet up to scratch. Money isn't really limiting, even cleaning it up I think will be cheaper than at the moment and I only prepare a few of my meals, I have plans for the others but I buy them daily which is expensive. So diet advise here or elsewhere?

Thanks everyone, I think I'll wait. I don't want to sound impatient but 7 years does sound a lifetime. But I'm not just gunna jump in I'll be looking for advise again before I start (if/when I do). But I know my diet need a lot of work, can I get help here for this? I know it's a steroid forum but surely people who are knowledgeable about steroids must have their diet up to scratch. Money isn't really limiting, even cleaning it up I think will be cheaper than at the moment and I only prepare a few of my meals, I have plans for the others but I buy them daily which is expensive. So diet advise here or elsewhere?
3J is the resident expert on everything diet. Look for his banner on the main page. He often runs specials and has a free section in the diet section here

Reactions: 3J
Thanks I'll have a look for him. Just out of curiosity how old were you guys when you started jabbing? Also this is something I couldn't really find much about...I know Arnold started BBing at 15 but what age do you really have to start to have a good chance in the pro world? Like I am at an ok stage for my age or should I really have got myself in check before now and have some catching up to do?

Thanks I'll have a look for him. Just out of curiosity how old were you guys when you started jabbing? Also this is something I couldn't really find much about...I know Arnold started BBing at 15 but what age do you really have to start to have a good chance in the pro world? Like I am at an ok stage for my age or should I really have got myself in check before now and have some catching up to do?
Listen to the experts and hope it goes well.

OP, I don't look like when I was competing see my profile, but to answer the Q's I was 29-30 when I started. Between 25 and 30 is the best time to start IMOP. Guys just in their 30's look hard and have mature looing muscles. Just saying, don't expect you to wait till then. But as far as you know at 18 you may stop lifting and do something else, or a career or marriage and kids, Hell you have no idea where and what you'll be doing at age 25.

Don't ruin your future just for what you think will be a safe short cut to ....WHERE???

Get that diet going on with your training

Dreaded Pirate Roberts At 5'11 your shorter than most 18 year old women here. Most women want a man at least 4.5 inches taller than them so they can where heals when they go out.[/QUOTE said:
Ya know I saw this also bigbenn and thought WTF ?? I was 5'-11" and had no problem getting ass when I was young before I was married. I hate when people spout out shit.

What the fuck!!??

I've heard some shite, but that takes the biscuit!

Don't hate! DPR has a very valid point, meaning that we simply need to know our limitations. ;)

This just means that I have to avoid all the 6'3" and taller ones.

Otherwise:

You - - - - - 6'3"
must - - - - -...
be - - - - - - 6'0"
This - - - - -.....
tall - - - - - 5'10"
For - - - - - -......
This - - - - -5'8"
Ride. - - - - -......

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

What the fuck!!??

I've heard some shite, but that takes the biscuit!

No, no, no.., guys. Bigben and oldmusclemike must have it all wrong ;-). I think DPR meant to say that women like men that have things in their pants that are 4.5 inches longer? Is that logical? :)

Last edited:
Don't hate! DPR has a very valid point, meaning that we simply need to know our limitations. ;)

This just means that I have to avoid all the 6'3" and taller ones.

Otherwise:

You - - - - - 6'3"
must - - - - -...
be - - - - - - 6'0"
This - - - - -.....
tall - - - - - 5'10"
For - - - - - -......
This - - - - -5'8"
Ride. - - - - -......

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Oh Great!!!! From now on I only chase midgets, hmm I mean little people.

Back