Steroids & Acne - 19 year old

Tonyy926

Sup guys

So I haven't jumped on anything yet, but I've been lurking on these forums for a while before registering, reading and indulging as much information I can get about AAS use before I hop on it. I know it isn't recommended for teenagers, and for that reason I do not plan on hopping on it for at least another 3 years.

My question today is, would steroids affect acne?

Right now I've got some oily skin and mild acne, and recently convinced my dermatologist to give me accutane after topicals didn't work. Seeing as even test has androgenic effects, would that in any way cause my acne to flare up after it clears when im finished with this course of accutane? I hear that going off steroids also causes acne as well because of an estrogen rebound, but would clomid/nolvadex be enough to suppress any hormonal acne I may receive?

Would like to here from anyone, but more importantly it would be awesome if anyone who previously had acne could give me some insights. Thanks a lot.

Sup guys

So I haven't jumped on anything yet, but I've been lurking on these forums for a while before registering, reading and indulging as much information I can get about AAS use before I hop on it. I know it isn't recommended for teenagers, and for that reason I do not plan on hopping on it for at least another 3 years.

My question today is, would steroids affect acne?

Right now I've got some oily skin and mild acne, and recently convinced my dermatologist to give me accutane after topicals didn't work. Seeing as even test has androgenic effects, would that in any way cause my acne to flare up after it clears when im finished with this course of accutane? I hear that going off steroids also causes acne as well because of an estrogen rebound, but would clomid/nolvadex be enough to suppress any hormonal acne I may receive?

Would like to here from anyone, but more importantly it would be awesome if anyone who previously had acne could give me some insights. Thanks a lot.

Yes, if you inject testosterone, you will break out from head to toe in hideous acne.

Leave it well alone and let your skin mature.

Testosterone at Trt levels(200mg/wk) caused pretty bad acne for me. I'd guess that if you're prone to acne, and you take cycle levels of testosterone, there'd be a pretty good chance you'd get acne. When I was on 200mg/wk, I got acne on my back. It was so bad that I wouldn't take off my shirt.

using aas under age 25 risks longterm issues.. you risk stoppping and messing up your internal development. you are not finished till about this age, hight is only one small part of it. im talking needing hrt from young age, even afer first cycle, for life.... wait another 5 years atleast and research during that time

So your main Question and concern about cycling is Acne ? Huh I realize that is a concern for YOU but there is so much more to know and research.

I gotta tell ya most guys like you looking and thinking and asking don't wait like they should and they are just blowing smoke up our asses with statements, like " I'm gonna wait 3-5 years but I have a Q.

Of course all Q's are good but really start asking people , BB's about diet and training. Just at your age ( not putting you down) you can't have enough experience to have it all on point. SO get the diet down and the training and grow. At your age get those things on point and YOU WILL GROW . All the vets will tell you the same.

Good Luck

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. First off I'd like to say that I'm not busting anyones balls saying I'll be waiting at least another 3 years before cycling. I understand the risks and really appreciate the advice given here.

From what I've read, you should NOT use AAS. You are very, VERY young and your LAST concern should be acne....

There are some serious risks at your age.

Your natural testosterone levels are peaking right now, they will NEVER get any higher than they are currently - you have a bounteous amount of natural gains that can be made with what god has given you.

Why would you switch this off in mid-flow - and jeopardise everything - to pin yourself with the same hormone that you already have brimming over?

Here's an analogy for you to mull over....

That would be like having a full cup of filter coffee - pouring it away - and then refilling your mug with instant coffee knowing you might never have the chance of getting filter coffee again.
And then paying for the privilege!

It's a no-brainer son.

Taking exogenous testosterone - when your own levels of endogenous testosterone are overflowing - is as silly and immature as it gets.

to answer your question, I'm 48 and steroids still give me acne.

Enjoy the clear skin with accutane and high natty test level of being 19.

to answer your question, I'm 48 and steroids still give me acne.

Enjoy the clear skin with accutane and high natty test level of being 19.

avoid this stuff at all costs...
not sure which i worry more about for you, the aas or this crap... should not be on the market...
we are talking sides years later and messing yourself on a genetic level with accu... do runs of heavy antibiotics before resorting to that crap, its nasty and simply a cash grab. now you need a liability waver in my vountry before they will give it to you... i looked into is years ago and im dumbfounded people still are cluless just how nasty this crap is...

avoid this stuff at all costs...
not sure which i worry more about for you, the aas or this crap... should not be on the market...
we are talking sides years later and messing yourself on a genetic level with accu... do runs of heavy antibiotics before resorting to that crap, its nasty and simply a cash grab. now you need a liability waver in my vountry before they will give it to you... i looked into is years ago and im dumbfounded people still are cluless just how nasty this crap is...

There is a lot of positives with that drug to compare with the negatives. IMO the sides are over rated. Some are mildly annoying that u have to deal with such as dry skin, nose ect..but it's not that bad.

On today's society, looks mean a lot, so people would resort to almost anything to get a certain image such as surgery that is simply cosmetic, but like threatening potentially and even along side steroid use down the lines for a better image in the younger generation. Accutane can clear up acne well and if you knew some one personally suffering BAD from it, then they would most likely reveal their social life is down the drain and that they don't enjoy most of lifes qualities. I am speaking of this from personal experience and accutane has helped me get over most of it.

I've been running this drug alone around 20-40mg ED for a few years now. Of course I know it's potential damage on organs, but so far it's been okay and in terms of liver I run support year round. Acne is unforntly one of the hardest things to control if u mess with hormones, especially in massive flucts and I don't see any benefit in having a shredded perfect body and have a face that is blistered up and red. Defeats the entire purpose. I've always only found acne to be treated by managing hormones fluct, from having high e2 or solving it auto by accutane. However, even in some cases accutane is not enough to stop break outs if the fluct is too crazy.

I would say do the antibiotics, and all other courses of action before even reaching for Accutane. And then only using it I the situations like omgmike1 mentioned. If your acne is so bad you have no life, then it would be worth taking. Yes, you can get fucked up later (maybe), but if you have no life as it is...

I like to use TRT as an example. Even if the heart attack risk was true (which it is not), I would GLADLY take a much increased risk of having a attack than live the non-life I had before I went on TRT. Just remember that stuff like Accutane is not simply another form of Clearasil....it is a powerful and potentially deadly drug that should only be used in extreme cases and as a last resort.

All that said, I really like BigBen's coffee analogy.

Just like everyone said, your too young. I will give you some insite to my life. You said yourself right now your skin is oily and you are on Accutane. That's because your test levels right now are high af. I was diagnosed with low t at age 22. Started 100mgs/week at age 25 gave me such bad acne I had to take Accutane for 8 months. And still on trt and still get fucking acne at 33 years old! So if your worried about acne not even Accutane will clear it up.

There is a lot of positives with that drug to compare with the negatives. IMO the sides are over rated. Some are mildly annoying that u have to deal with such as dry skin, nose ect..but it's not that bad.

On today's society, looks mean a lot, so people would resort to almost anything to get a certain image such as surgery that is simply cosmetic, but like threatening potentially and even along side steroid use down the lines for a better image in the younger generation. Accutane can clear up acne well and if you knew some one personally suffering BAD from it, then they would most likely reveal their social life is down the drain and that they don't enjoy most of lifes qualities. I am speaking of this from personal experience and accutane has helped me get over most of it.

I've been running this drug alone around 20-40mg ED for a few years now. Of course I know it's potential damage on organs, but so far it's been okay and in terms of liver I run support year round. Acne is unforntly one of the hardest things to control if u mess with hormones, especially in massive flucts and I don't see any benefit in having a shredded perfect body and have a face that is blistered up and red. Defeats the entire purpose. I've always only found acne to be treated by managing hormones fluct, from having high e2 or solving it auto by accutane. However, even in some cases accutane is not enough to stop break outs if the fluct is too crazy.

the sides are not over rated but under rated and most come years after being off accu, it fuks you on a genetic level ON TOP of messing with you while on it (liver, skin etc)
and i do take offence to "if you had bad acne" part of post because i had bad cystic acne . as in looked like fukin tumors! i am covered in scares that are big spots on chest and back etc. and i still would not take that crap. I know better. id feel safer using dnp or running across a busy street with eyes closed than use accu (i havent done either)
use a couple cycles of antibiotics and then a good soap and supp layout.
antibiotics are harsh too , i know that, but still a better option.
its litrally altering things in body that is longterm and there are serious risks. the thing is since it can happen yrs later legal arguments is that it was not accu... but guess what its still soo bad that cases have been won. here you need a liability waver. do you need that for oxy or surgery? nope, but this you do... but its safe ofcourse...

ill add i did take accu for a couple weeks in highschool when it first came out, then i did m research and stopped because it didnt seem safe, then as years passed only more bad came of it...

anyways i am not arguing it works... thats not my main concern here...

vent over lol

ps; using an AI on cycle and using a natty organic soap is what did the trick best for me in my later years.

Last edited:
the sides are not over rated but under rated and most come years after being off accu, it fuks you on a genetic level ON TOP of messing with you while on it (liver, skin etc)
and i do take offence to "if you had bad acne" part of post because i had bad cystic acne . as in looked like fukin tumors! i am covered in scares that are big spots on chest and back etc. and i still would not take that crap. I know better. id feel safer using dnp or running across a busy street with eyes closed than use accu (i havent done either)
use a couple cycles of antibiotics and then a good soap and supp layout.
antibiotics are harsh too , i know that, but still a better option.
its litrally altering things in body that is longterm and there are serious risks. the thing is since it can happen yrs later legal arguments is that it was not accu... but guess what its still soo bad that cases have been won. here you need a liability waver. do you need that for oxy or surgery? nope, but this you do... but its safe ofcourse...

ill add i did take accu for a couple weeks in highschool when it first came out, then i did m research and stopped because it didnt seem safe, then as years passed only more bad came of it...

anyways i am not arguing it works... thats not my main concern here...

vent over lol

ps; using an AI on cycle and using a natty organic soap is what did the trick best for me in my later years.

Did not mean to offend u. Clearly we have some sort of past in terms of skin problems related, so I'd assume u know what it's like and that it is depressing and painful to walk around every day society that is as superficial as it gets and Photoshop in terms of everything possible. I'd rather take the chance with a drug like that than live in my late 30s and 40s with bad acne. There is a entire website dedicated to this problem and check out how many threads there are from people and see what they post behind their computers about it. I never understood how soaps and creams can fix acne at hand. It can remove what is there, but it can't stop new ones from coming up. Something like that has to be fought from the inside by either taking drugs or managing ur hormones in various ways.

Back