Stopping sever steroid related acne/ steroids that do not cause acne

Mad- scientist

Ok so I just got back from the dermatologist and they want to put me on 2 different creams and a oral pill that is not as bad as acutane but seems to be pretty bad still. I have
to get blood work for my liver before I can take the medication. The dermatologist told me that as long as I take steroids I will get acne this bad and that none of the medications
are going to stop it.

From what I have heard Accutane is strong enough to stop it but it's obviously dangerous. My question is though do you guys think that it's true no matter what medication I take
for acne it won't go away. I thought the acne could have been because of my estrogen. The acne is pretty bad because the doctor said she would put me on Accutane but I had to have
my doctors permition. So do you guys think it is that plain cut and dry that I just cant do steroids without severe acne. I have done past cycles and just got a little acne but this cycle was really bad
it got horrible when I added in 600mgs of pinnacle masteron and I had already been taking 850mgs of testosterone a week. I think I might have just gotten to to high of a dosage. Because my testosterone results came in over 10'000.

So are their any steroids you guys can recommend from experience that does not cause as bad of acne. Or any medication that helped you guys to get rid of acne. This really sucks because
I love steroids and I don't want to have to stop. I don't mind if I have to just do little cycles like 300 to 400mgs of testosterone and some anavar.

From what I know, if you're acne prone gear is just gonna make it worse. Normally, I tend to get a couple blind pimples (pimples with no head) on my back. My 1st cycle of test e @ 500mg a week I started to get more then I normally would and bigger ones and sometimes got them on my shoulders. What really cleared them up for me was tanning twice a week for 15 mins each tan, usually tanned on my pin days followed by epson salt baths the day after I tan.

get clindamycin topical cream.... its worked wonders for me in the past and there are no side effects like acutane...

I'd really suggest looking into clindamycin over acutane there are tons of horrible side effects from acutane

I will look that up. Right now I have acne all over my shoulders like 30 red bumps on each shoulder and all up and down my back and slight acne on my face. But my back and shoulders look like I got a really bad allergic reaction or like I got stung by 1000 wasps. If any body else has some advice it would be much appreciated. Or even just experience with Accutane and if it was worth it or not. And what happens once you get rid of your acne than you cycle again does it just come back.

The main cause of acne is increased androgen sensitivity, I have never heard of any AAS that doesn't affect the androgen receptors.
To be able to use steroids without acne flare ups (if your prone to them) you would need something that pretty much downregulates your androgen receptors every time your off cycle. This would make the steroids less effective at what they do anyway, so I think your pretty much stuck with a choice - acne or AAS? Not both, sorry bro :(

I used to have very severe acne across my face/shoulders/back, to the point where it was painful for me to turn in bed. It pretty much ruined a year of my life.
I have been on accutane twice and it is a million miles ahead of anything else on the market. The only side effect I had from it was the dry skin, which I should note has never truly gone away.
If you have the option of going on accutane, I would definetly take it - everything else on the market is 50/50 at best.

Edit: You could also try lowering your test to as little as 375mg/week to see if the acne becomes more manageable (but again this will mean less gains as well).

Last edited:
i'm telling you clindamycin topical is the answer .. my acne was horrible in the past i didnt even want to wear a tank top while training

i'm telling you clindamycin topical is the answer .. my acne was horrible in the past i didnt even want to wear a tank top while training

Clindamycin is a basic antibiotic that treats infections (which is why its applied topically), it will do close to nothing to address the issue of increased androgen receptor sensitivity.

Will it work if you want a temporary solution for one cycle? Sure.
But, as with most antibiotics, it will eventually stop being effective and (in my experience) the acne will return more aggressively than before.

Clindamycin is a basic antibiotic that treats infections (which is why its applied topically), it will do close to nothing to address the issue of increased androgen receptor sensitivity.

Will it work if you want a temporary solution for one cycle? Sure.
But, as with most antibiotics, it will eventually stop being effective and (in my experience) the acne will return more aggressively than before.

been working me for the last year straight ON and PCT

been working me for the last year straight ON and PCT

My point remains the same, with most antibiotics your body will eventually become resistant to them. Which means, eventually, they will become completely ineffective.

This resistance doesn't apply to accutane, its a simply case of high risk high reward - accutane has more sides, but its also much mor effective over the longer term.

The main cause of acne is increased androgen sensitivity, I have never heard of any AAS that doesn't affect the androgen receptors.
To be able to use steroids without acne flare ups (if your prone to them) you would need something that pretty much downregulates your androgen receptors every time your off cycle. This would make the steroids less effective at what they do anyway, so I think your pretty much stuck with a choice - acne or AAS? Not both, sorry bro :(

I used to have very severe acne across my face/shoulders/back, to the point where it was painful for me to turn in bed. It pretty much ruined a year of my life.
I have been on accutane twice and it is a million miles ahead of anything else on the market. The only side effect I had from it was the dry skin, which I should note has never truly gone away.
If you have the option of going on accutane, I would definetly take it - everything else on the market is 50/50 at best.

Edit: You could also try lowering your test to as little as 375mg/week to see if the acne becomes more manageable (but again this will mean less gains as well).

Everything Zilla said ^^. Used accutane when I was younger. Really is amazing.

May be a route you want to consider M-S.

Idk, maybe try a lower dose before going the accutane route.

I personally noticed a lot more acne when I use masteron. I have heard from quite a few other people and they said the exact same thing....

I'd try out whatever your doc has given you first up. Start supplementing with zinc, it really helps with androgenic acne. But at the end of the day, like a few other boys said, accutane is the only thing that works.

You can cycle and be acne free, but I'd say your only way to do that will most likely end up being accutane. I've used it once myself, completely cured me for years. My only side effect was slightly dry skin and chapped lips, both of which were easily manageable and went away after i stopped using it. Fast forward 5 or 6 years later to my first cycle, stupidly runnin 1gram test with no AI or any idea what i was doing... 6-7months on that cycle brought back my acne. I used zinc 100mg daily for maybe 4-5weeks and im back to clear skin.

If your acne is really really bad then maybe just stay on a low dose accutane year round or on cycles to keep it from flaring up.

Try everything else first... But if you need something that works, definetly 100% accutane.

So far they have given me a combination of benzyl peroxide and adapalene and Bactrim ds 800.... Ive never heard of the second one. Some of you guys could be right though maybe if I do much lower dosages I can get away with less acne. And I could possibly use way lower dosages if I added in something like HGH and possibly insulin, but I don't like the thought of using insulin. I'd rather use just HGH but it desensitizes you to insulin so I guess I would end up having to use insulin to be safe.

I will look into the anti biotic chigago 712 said to if what I am prescribed doesn't work. I have to get my liver value checked also before I can even go on that second medication so whatever it is must be toxic to a degree.

Im reading more about the medication and they claim it can interfere with my bodies ability to get rid of creatine..... Fucking doctors even knew I take supplements and didn't bother to tell me to not take creatine. Lol I guess the motto around here to not just take some ones word and research things on your own has sunk into my head.

this is the my story almost word for word. the dermatologist told me it was the worst case of cystic acne he had ever seen. i am telling you that accutane is not as bad as it is made out to be. i had a little dry skin and chapped lips but it was well worth what it did for me. i was on the highest dose the FDA would allow a doc to put you on and hd my bloods done every month and everything stayed perfect (and i drink some on the weekends). it will get worse the first 30 days you are on it but stay with it and it will change your life dramatically. like he said this acne literally took a year of my life. it sucked ass. accutane was the best thing to ever happen. topical creams and antibiotics and OTC meds dont always work for everyone. accutane is no ways as harmful as everyone thinks. the biggest issue is a woman cannot get pregnant and you can not get a woman pregnant while on it due severe birth defects to the baby. THATS IT. good luck with this problem. as far as AAS goes, i just came off and ran my PCT until i had it cleared up. i was on accutane 7 months.

So far they have given me a combination of benzyl peroxide and adapalene and Bactrim ds 800.... Ive never heard of the second one. Some of you guys could be right though maybe if I do much lower dosages I can get away with less acne. And I could possibly use way lower dosages if I added in something like HGH and possibly insulin, but I don't like the thought of using insulin. I'd rather use just HGH but it desensitizes you to insulin so I guess I would end up having to use insulin to be safe.

I will look into the anti biotic chigago 712 said to if what I am prescribed doesn't work. I have to get my liver value checked also before I can even go on that second medication so whatever it is must be toxic to a degree.

I would avoid including insulin if your wary of acne MS, their is research on bodybuilders showing increased IGF-1 playing a major factor in this aspect (the paper itself was about whey protein and bodybuilders - irrelevant for this topic).
I don't know if this would change your view about taking HGH if it can't be stacked with insulin.

As for the toxicity of Accutane, you will definetly need to monitor your liver enzymes & cholesterol monthly since it is more toxic than most oral AAS.

I've tried all the topicals and a couple antibiotics. The last one (Bactrim) fucked me up real bad. Still recovering from it actually. So many weird/fucked up symptoms that I won't even go into.

About to (hopefully) start Accutane as I've broken out pretty bad since stopping the antibiotic. I already have problems with dry skin so I'm crossing my fingers I won't adversely react to it. Note that I'm not even on cycle (trt).

Last edited:
has anybody not tried epson salt baths and tanning at least twice a week?? It actually works people.

Back