strained muscle

oneturn

I recently strained a muscle, it is black and blue. I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the best recovery process (with or without juice)...if with what would be my best choices?

If it is black and blue...that sounds like a bruised muscle , not a strain. I have never strained a muscle before and had it turn B n B. Lets see what the Doc has to say.

Hi Guys I just woke up...serious issues with one of my elderly patients in the Hartford Hospital ER--I was there till 4 am!! In between you weightlifters, I keep my skills sharp with real MI's and pneumonias in the local hospitals... Any way, Ozzy--you are on the ball again... I may have to send you to medical school and hire you as the next Anabolic Doc. Yes, after a muscle injury that involeves signs of hemorrage..eg bruising, you have to consider more than a strain. The black and blue is blood. If this is the usual pec or bicep.. beware...ASAP ICE and rest.. and if you can, please see an orthopedic physician.. Do not mess around. It may recovery, but it may be a partial tendon tear and weak. about 8 years ago-in my last year of medical school, I was trying to curl 225 for reps, while weighing 193.. I got up to 190 and did a triple- on the third rep, coming down POP SNAP left distal Bicep complete avulsion FX --means bicep tore and took bone with it... Boy was it painfull and mucho mucho black and blue.. In ten days I had the best upperlimb ortho guy in the world fix it-- $15,000 and you guys think I am expensive. This guy did Dorain Yate's Bicep one year prior to mine. So I know what bruising can mean. Now the arm feels great and I curl 80 lb D bells for strict reps...ICE and REST AND SEE ORTHO STAT. The Anabolic Doc

Back