Stuck at 160 on first cutting diet.

homer_simpson

Went on my first cutting cycle first of july weighed 185 and now I am down to 160 while keeping most of my muscle mass.My goal is 10% bf and I am guessing another 5-8lbs will get me to it,but the last 2-3 weeks I have been stuck at 160.Was averaging around 2lbs a week but now I have hit a complete wall and stuck at 160.What can I do?My diet is as followed.
8oz chicken breast-1 cup yam,8oz fish or turkey burger,1 cup peas,1 cup oatmeal,1oz roasted peanuts,2 protein shakes with1/2 cup milk,1 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 apple.
I am getting around 200g p,70-80C,35g f.
Cardio is 4 times a week 3 days of it is HIT CARDIO usually on stationary bike 30 slow pace next 30 90% max.4mins start out at level 4 than go level 11 for 30 than level 4 for 30 until the 16 min mark than 4 min cool down.What do you think I am completely frustrated!Should I increase cardio or should I do a refeed,cheat day?As long as I have been dieting I have only had 2 refeed days.

I have been lifting for 2 1/2 years but never tried a cutting cycle,so I have the muscle size but also the BF I am around 12-14% want to get down to 10 before I leave the all natural lifting and go to the juice.

Last edited:
I agree, focus on getting your bodyfat down first, then bulk. it takes time to add muscle.
first off, your not eating ENOUGH. if your breakdowns are accurate your only getting approx 1450 calories/day!! even I wouldnt go that low cutting!! it sounds as though you DEFINTLY need a refeed day.. and keep this clean if you can.. lots of complex carbs, low fat, and just make sure u get 1g protein/lb bodyweight.
then go back to your diet. make up for the loss of calories by adding more protein. IMO you want to aim for 1.5g protein/lb of bodyweight.
cut out the milk products, fruit and pea(starchy vegge). replace the roasted peanuts with fishoil caps, olive oil and/or flaxseed oil.
keep complex carbs earlier in the day(oats, yams,sweet potatoes, brown rice, beans/legumes) then switching to fiberous green veggies later...ie, spinach, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, rom.lettuce, green beans, etc. make sure your eating every 2.5-3 hrs and not any longer.
do you take in a post workout shake??

as for cardio, maybe add in another day..

good luck! :)

atherjen said:
I agree, focus on getting your bodyfat down first, then bulk. it takes time to add muscle.
first off, your not eating ENOUGH. if your breakdowns are accurate your only getting approx 1450 calories/day!! even I wouldnt go that low cutting!! it sounds as though you DEFINTLY need a refeed day.. and keep this clean if you can.. lots of complex carbs, low fat, and just make sure u get 1g protein/lb bodyweight.
then go back to your diet. make up for the loss of calories by adding more protein. IMO you want to aim for 1.5g protein/lb of bodyweight.
cut out the milk products, fruit and pea(starchy vegge). replace the roasted peanuts with fishoil caps, olive oil and/or flaxseed oil.
keep complex carbs earlier in the day(oats, yams,sweet potatoes, brown rice, beans/legumes) then switching to fiberous green veggies later...ie, spinach, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, rom.lettuce, green beans, etc. make sure your eating every 2.5-3 hrs and not any longer.
do you take in a post workout shake??

as for cardio, maybe add in another day..

good luck! :)

Agreed! :)

How tall are you? What kind of scale are you using, my brother is 160 has a lot more definition than you do. You look like you weigh a lot more than what you say.

Rickeb1

I would guess you are over 160 also, not flaming but I was picturing something much smaller, hence the suggestion to bulk.

Also what kind of cycle are you on bro?

I'm with jen, that you need more food. You've downregulated your thyroid, hence the lack of weight loss.

sorry for the confusion these are pics of me back in july the first day I started my first ever cutting cycle.I weighed 188 back in july when these pics were taken and now I am down to 160.need to take some more pics to judge the progress.height is 5'9 by the way.

Back