Sugar Cravings...Propel

Chickie

I have been drinking Propel instead of water when I have sugar cravings and it really seems to help! I drink the Berry flavored kind, it has 10 cals, 35 mg of sodium, and 3 carbs 2 sugars What do you think? Could this cause me to retain water even more because of all the sodium?

i prefer koolaid. mix it with splenda = zero cals, zero sugar. several things can make you retain water, menstral cycle, certain AAS, too much sodium, lack of water consumption etc. 35mg of sodium is not a lot especially if your drinking plenty of regular water (probably more like 35*2.5 serv = 87.5mg or 35*4serv = 140mg, even still, the sodium is moderate, but can add up if you drink many of these). if you drink more regular water it will be flushed, so i dont see how it can contribute substancially to water retaining. you can gauge your sodium concentration by looking at your urine. usually if its dark, you have a lot of sodium in your system. plus, if it curbs your sugar cravings, i dont see why not, it sure as hell beats a piece of chocolate moose, just dont overindulge on the propel, those cals, sugar and sodium can add up.

I try to get most of my water in from fresh spring water but if I feel for something different, I usually drink a litre of Crystal Light throughout the day. I do try to take in at least three litres of water to my one litre of crystal light.
The sodium does add up if you are relying on the flavored drinks as your water source.

chickie it is. and lots of flavs. but i do try to get at least 2 liters+ from just striaght water. flush sodium and to keep it down. like fyre said, the sodium does add up.

Back