sugar or no sugar?

Milton

Administrator
tired of hearing that sugar is bad for you. is it? if there is any type of substitute that is not processioned and I will not eat processed foods.

Moderation I think is the key man. You can always use that sugar in the raw, the unprocessed sugar. Its use in moderation is fine I am sure.

Sugar is just molecularly, very close to our bodies natural form of energy, Glucose. So it makes for a very fast absorption as the body does)n't take as long breaking it down and converting it over to glucose. When something converts easily to glucose.. the body just makes more insulin at one time rather than spreading it out as the body digests the food slowly.

Like a pixie stick will cause an insulin spike, because it's just sugar, and converts easily.

However, take the same grams of carbs from a potato as what's in a pixie stick.. and it takes much longer for the body to digest it, and convert the carbs from it into glucose, this causes the slow release of insulin.

If you time your insulin spikes properly there can be advantages to using sugar or foods high in sugar. Especially if you eat complex carbs most of the time. You'll be insulin sensitive, because your body doesn't deal with spikes constantly. A big spike will have a better effect every once in a while. Carb cycling further increases this sensitivity as you taper down your carbs and eventually rid yourself of nearly all insulin production.

Today, kids eat sugary cereals, drink pop, koolaid, fruit juices, eat enriched flours.. we get insulin overload from birth unless our parents are mindful and know their shit. I didn't figure it out until 14.. after realizing it, it almost disgusts me.

Anyways.. an alternative.. brown sugar? It will have no different effect. Just use it wisely. Be mindful of your simple sugar intake, time your spikes to receive the most benefit from them. Post workout is good.

This is just another reason why carb cycling is imperative. You're just pissing away something we're given naturally otherwise. If you don't care about the details.. don't have sugar in your diet. That's the easy way out though.

Sugar is one of the most addictive substances there are. ;)

That said though, I totally agree with JimiThing. Moderation is what it's all about; and choosing sources of sugar (as Hypnotix touched on) that are easier on the pancreas.

tired of hearing that sugar is bad for you. is it? if there is any type of substitute that is not processioned and I will not eat processed foods.

HFCS yes i think is very bad. but i think the substitutes are MUCH worse and Ill have real sugar over that chemical crap any day!

If you have Netflix watch fed up. America the country that is owned by slow killers. Tobacco, alcohol, and lots of sugar!

Sugar, grains (bread, rice, pasta, etc.) can cause digestive stress for a lot of people and lower food absorption, and can speed up certain diseases in the long term

O
I have acquired a taste for Bland food, maybe a tiny bit of raw sugar. My in-laws insist on giving my kids a ton of sugar when they sit for is and it is so frustrating taking them shopping. The in-laws say they need treats it's crazy

HFCS yes i think is very bad. but i think the substitutes are MUCH worse and Ill have real sugar over that chemical crap any day!

I blew up like a balloon from months and months of neglect. Lot's of pop, cookies, and potatoe chips. Eating this crap at 11 pm at night. Blew up to 230, i'm 5'11". Starting yesterday, I started eating good, with no eating at night. I want to get down to 200. Like what was said before, moderation. I'm not totally illuminating it, but I'm certainly reducing it. For instance, I'll have it in my coffee in the morning. I do believe that too much of it is bad!

guys.. MODERATION..

too much of ANYTHING is bad for you..

let me tell you up front that sugar, in moderation, will not be bad for you..

but think about the amount of sugar in a can of coke.. even 1 can of coke is too much sugar.. so moderation goes out the window pretty damn quickly

read this information about sugar, maybe it will be useful for you

***DO NOT POST LINKS TO OUTSIDE SITES****

Last edited by a moderator:
new research has been coming out that shows excessive sugar consumption is the main culprit related to heart disease (and a host of other diseases), and NOT saturated fats.
a piece of bacon is fine -- 4 cokes a day is not

I guess when its your time to go its your time, but I'll still be dammed if I cannot enjoy my food and beverages the way i want to, like it was posted earlier that moderation is the key, like many have said and still say that salt is bad for you.

Back