Swelling in lower quad and slight yellowing above pin area

deltataudelt

I am experienced, but never had this happen before. I alternate pins in quads. It’s hard to hit other areas myself. I pinned my right quad Tuesday and felt some slight pain the next day, but no heat, no redness, no resistance going in. I pinned my left quad Thursday no problems. I pinned my right quad Saturday (yesterday) with no issues, but felt some very slight soreness in the area that day. And today on Sunday I felt soreness in my lower right quad then swelling began midday in my lower right quad towards my knee. No pain in my knee, but I’m pretty sore in my quad and today I also noticed some slight yellowing around my pin from Tuesday. No lump, no heat, no large areas of redness, but the yellowing, soreness, and swelling have me concerned. Should I be? What steps should I take and if I need to go to a hospital and tell them I do steroids, can I be arrested? Should I tell them something else?

You are most likely fine. You probably missed the belly of the muscle and it migrated. Or sometimes you just get a bad pin and it swells up. Could be a sterile abscess. It will go down in time. Don't pin in that spot again though until it is 100% better. If you see signs of infection it is time to get some antibiotics. Just tell the doc you pinned Vitamin B-12.

This is a perfect time for you to start pinning other sites. Two is not enough. I recommend the Delts and Ventroglutes. Both are very easy to pin yourself. I rotate all six spots.

You are most likely fine. You probably missed the belly of the muscle and it migrated. Or sometimes you just get a bad pin and it swells up. Could be a sterile abscess. It will go down in time. Don't pin in that spot again though until it is 100% better. If you see signs of infection it is time to get some antibiotics. Just tell the doc you pinned Vitamin B-12.

This is a perfect time for you to start pinning other sites. Two is not enough. I recommend the Delts and Ventroglutes. Both are very easy to pin yourself. I rotate all six spots.

First welcome to the board. This ^^^ is right on. NO need for much to be said by others because there isn't anything mote to explain.

As said start to use the different commonly used sites. I do vent glutes a lot as well as my delts. My pectorals are also a good site I use but not that often.

Back