T3 for the 1st time.. lethargy is brutal!

anzel

Took 50mcg a day for 6 days every morning. Within a few hours just wanted to sleep. Mentally fogged.
So I didn't take it this morning and I felt normal but it was such an awesome feeling!

I have no idea why it makes you tired but my guess is that it has a 4-6 hr half life and when it starts to wear off is when you get tired.

So I took my dose at 4pm instead. Maybe it will help me sleep. And when I wake up I won't feel so messed up. But if I do wake up feeling lethargic I'm do everything with it. Right in the garbage.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Took almost 3 hrs ago and I do feel a little tired but not that bad. And it is the end of the day anyway

A lot of people end up with some burn out on T3. Try running it with GW50, which should help offset the lethargy.

Took 50mcg a day for 6 days every morning. Within a few hours just wanted to sleep. Mentally fogged.
So I didn't take it this morning and I felt normal but it was such an awesome feeling!

I have no idea why it makes you tired but my guess is that it has a 4-6 hr half life and when it starts to wear off is when you get tired.

So I took my dose at 4pm instead. Maybe it will help me sleep. And when I wake up I won't feel so messed up. But if I do wake up feeling lethargic I'm do everything with it. Right in the garbage.

Anyone agree or disagree?

T3 has a half-life of 36 hours, so you can toss that hypothesis out. :)

I'm betting you have an underlying adrenal problem, and you got a good taste of cortisol as T3 triggers adrenaline release. However, if you're already tapped for adrenaline, cortisol is released to try to reset the adrenals.

You ever had a sleep study done? I don't remember, but if not - that would be the first thing I'd check. That, or if you picked up your T3 from somewhere other than rui, I'd be suspicious.

I've been taking T3 off and on for three or four years, and lethargy isn't something I associated with it. Just a higher sensitivity to heat and a more often hunger pang hitting me at the least opportune time.

My .02c :)

Shit I forgot I started this thread... prob cause I was so tired.

So 36 hrs is the half life? I just made a different post in the anabolic section where jimi thing said the same.

Except everywhere I look on non AAS websites it says 4 to 6 hrs.
Half Lives of T3/T4 | Fluoroquinolone Toxicity of the Thyroid

If u check the link above he talks about taking t3 at night as being a problem because of cortisol issues. Interesting read! I am thinking it may be a DIFFERENT t3 drug that he is talking about tho.

I did have a sleep study done recently and have yet to see the results. I'm gonna get on that.

Last edited:

Hahaha, I was quoting the half-life of FT3. Good catch Tron. :)

Not sure where that guy got his numbers from Anzel. T4 is like 6.5 days, but he's saying 7-10. Maybe he's including the metabolization speed too, which can be slower? I still don't quite know where that figure in hours came from as triiodothyronine is confirmed at the value Tron gave above. :wiggle:

I've just been reading up on it the last couple of days but 50mcg seems like quite a large dose without tapering up.

Quite a shock to the system?

I've just been reading up on it the last couple of days but 50mcg seems like quite a large dose without tapering up.

Quite a shock to the system?

T3 doesn't require any tapering or titration. It used to be lumped in with clenbuterol's protocol as the two have a synergistic compliment to each other, but it takes time for T3 to build up, and your body doesn't go into a state of shock. 50mcg is actually a little more than replacement for larger folks (body size matters) as 35-40mcg is what many produce naturally.

Note: This doesn't mean more is better btw. I learned the hard way that T3 in large doses will still have a catabolic effect even with AAS keeping you anabolic. ;)

Edit: I realized that this may lead to the question of why we would take it then, especially at a dose that barely goes beyond normal values. The reason being that in a caloric deficit (or on thyroid suppressive drugs, like tren), thyroid output decreases. The goal is to keep things working efficiently as possible to keep fat mobilization going full steam ahead. :)

Last edited:
Umm yea I just started taking T3 7 days ago. Everyday all I feel like doing is sleeping. It's very hard to get through workouts. But really all I want to do is sleep. I feel like crap. Plus really bad headaches. The first two days I took 30mcg, but then lowered it to 20mcg. I've read that the body already makes roughly 25mcg/day, that's why I thought I'd start a touch above that. But man, it's making life rough. Maybe I should do even less since I'm female? I don't know.

Umm yea I just started taking T3 7 days ago. Everyday all I feel like doing is sleeping. It's very hard to get through workouts. But really all I want to do is sleep. I feel like crap. Plus really bad headaches. The first two days I took 30mcg, but then lowered it to 20mcg. I've read that the body already makes roughly 25mcg/day, that's why I thought I'd start a touch above that. But man, it's making life rough. Maybe I should do even less since I'm female? I don't know.

Are you taking any other Fat Burners? I found that usually those are the culprits for lethargy. For example DNP is the strongest fat burner and it just totally wipes people out. Also, how are your carbs and using any GDAs? Those can effect it also.

For Females I always start them at 12.5mcg and then bump up to 25mcg and usually no more that 50mcg.

Are you taking any other Fat Burners? I found that usually those are the culprits for lethargy. For example DNP is the strongest fat burner and it just totally wipes people out. Also, how are your carbs and using any GDAs? Those can effect it also.

For Females I always start them at 12.5mcg and then bump up to 25mcg and usually no more that 50mcg.

Nope, no other fat burners. My diet didn't change after starting T3, and I am not low carb right now.

Lethargy with high dose of T3 is possible.
"High dose" is very subjective, and may indicate a personal sensitivity to T3. anzel may be wording it incorrectly, because when the dosage is too high for a person, the internal body heat and other effects which accompany it, can also bring a feeling of lethargy.
Start off with half a tablet- 25 mcg per day, and no more. Test it for 2 days, then add another half tablet, test again for 2 days, then so gradually build up to 1 and a half tabs, and see if the effects are still there. Someone said there is no reason to taper up with T3, yes there is; since this is one of the most powerful hormones in the human body.
When coming off of T3, make sure to taper off again. Just make sure the coming off taper lasts longer than the build up. For example, taper off about 3 days on 1 and a half tabs, then 3 days on 1 tab, then 3 days on half a tab. It could be 4 to 5 days per dose, for very sensitive people. When using powerful stuff such as this, it is always best to go gradually with mostly no side effects.
T3 increases the metabolism in certain areas, so a bit too much will cause the body to metabolize whatever you put into it faster than you expected. An example of this would be alcohol, medication, or various party drugs. They will seem to be more potent all of a sudden.

Back