T3 or T4

dcorti01

im gonig to be runnig some clen and was thinking about throwing in either T3 or T4, however i was wondering if its really worth it and if so which one would you prefer.

yeah but ive heard that T3 is alot stronger then compared with T4 so im wondering if the benefits out way the risks of using the stronger drug.

I have never used T4, but have read that it is not very effective. The only risk I know from using T3 is a temporary shut down of your thyroid. But there has been some pretty solid studies showing that your thyroid recovers pretty quickly from it.

with the dosing ive heard u work ur way from 25 mcg to about 100 over a period of time and then gradually decrease as well, is this correct, if not what do you recommend.

dcorti01 said:
with the dosing ive heard u work ur way from 25 mcg to about 100 over a period of time and then gradually decrease as well, is this correct, if not what do you recommend.

That is what everyone does. I went up to 100mcg in the course of maybe 4 days, and I did not taper when I stopped. I didn't seem to have any problems. But I stopped at least a month before my cycle ended. It might be tough ending the T3 use and your cycle at the same time. I have been reading more threads where people seem to question whether you need to taper it or not. Mind you, I am no expert, just relating personal experience.

If you do a search you can see how different people run it.

dcorti01 said:
im gonig to be runnig some clen and was thinking about throwing in either T3 or T4, however i was wondering if its really worth it and if so which one would you prefer.
Here is an interesting read on the benefits of combining the use of both T2 and T3:

"T3 is generally considered the king of thyroid hormones. While it is the most metabolically active hormone compared to T4 or T3 it is not necessarily the best choice for a BB interested in fat loss/muscle preservation. T3 is known for causing muscle wasting almost as rapidly as lipolysis in a dose dependant manner. Hence the more you ramp up your T3 dose [in effort to oxidize fat] you increase the protein oxidation rate and break down more muscle.

While human research is limited in comparing effects of T2 and T3 on fat loss, its generally agreed that T2 has an similar effect on fat loss (at a high enough dose) while not wasting nearly as much muscle as T3 (if any at all). In fact studies have shown T2 to have a more profound and direct effect on stimulating mitochondrial activity. Its also been shown that only T2 was active in stimulating rapid hepatic oxygen consumption.

If I had to choose the most single most effective thyroid hormone Id choose T2. Yet I do believe a combination of T2 and T3 to be the most effective since its been proven that the different thyroid hormones actually have tissue-specific variation that’s been proven by the analysis of lipogenic enzymes in liver and heart. In this case you know you would be covering all your “metabolic bases” with the combination of T2 and T3

Mg per mg T2 is less biologically active than T3 so a higher dose of T2 is needed for a comparable metabolic effect. In looks something like this:

25mcg T3 = 100mcg T2.

The T5 formula is dosed at 25mcg of T3 to 75mcg of T2 per ml. This ratio creates the perfect thyroidal profile causing maximum fat loss with minimal muscle wasting. This is the perfect supplement for GH users and dieters since both will down regulate your thyroid out put.

DOSING: Its important to remember that the combination of these two very powerful thyroid hormones is going to create a synergistic effect and allow for lower dosages than what you would normally use of each individually. The average human is only producing about 25mcg/day of T3 so consider this when deciding your dose. On that note, Id never use more than 2-3ml/day (depending on your weight)

I DO recommending ramping up your dose slowing since this will create a more gradual increase in your thyroid levels. Remember you are stacking an exogenous dose on top of your already present endogenous level. Give your body time to reduce its own thyroid production before you hammer it with your synthetic thyroid.

I DON’T recommend ramping down the dose. In my opinion going ‘cold turkey’ with the endocrine system is best for encouraging a quick recovery. A good metabolic TSH stimulator is crucial after a thyroid cycle. Hotrox by ‘Biotest’ is the best product for this that I’m aware of."
-ES

It is important to stress that a cycle should last no longer than 6 weeks and it should never be halted abruptly. As slowly as the dosage was built up it should also be lowered, one tablet every 3-4 days. Taking Cytomel for too long and/or at too high a dosage can result in a permanent thyroid deficiency. After doing such, one might need to be treated with a drug like Cytomel for life.

i used t3 recently. worked wonders but it does shred muscle as well as fat... i lost 6kgs in 2 weeks. and kept it off.

lost a lot of strength too

Jacky_Zebsten said:
i used t3 recently. worked wonders but it does shred muscle as well as fat... i lost 6kgs in 2 weeks. and kept it off.

lost a lot of strength too

When u ran T3 did u run it with clen and were you on a cycle or did u just run it by itself?

ran it with clen but stopped the clen due to killer headaches. stopped the clen a week before stopping t3.

i wasnt on a cycle... test would help to reduce muscle loss

simpllyhuge said:
deep glute, i value ur info, Do you think this is superior or not as good to running t4 with gh.
How many times and in how many ways does this question need to be asked? If you are runnung HGH then always run T4 with it. No matter how many times you ask this question the answer will always be T4 with HGH.

well excuse me lol. it was only my second time asking and that was after seeing this article

so in the other thread u reccomended 100mgc t4 each day. I assume i take the t4 on gh off days if i have any. And should i stop the t4 a few weeks before the gh, to allow my thyroid to return before coming off everything?

thanks sorry if im beating this to death.

Last edited:
Deepglute said:
How many times and in how many ways does this question need to be asked? If you are runnung HGH then always run T4 with it. No matter how many times you ask this question the answer will always be T4 with HGH.

Take it easy Deepglute. I can imagine this info is far from common knowledge for a lot of people.

so i finished my clen/t3, the sides to me outwieghed the benfits, i did notice a drop in body fat. But the sweating, sleeplessness, and strength loss were not worth it.

i myself prefer t4. maybe not as potent as t3 but the conversion process is beneficial to the body........however t4 converts to t3 anyway. 100mcgs t4 = 25mcgs of t3

Back