Test E vs. Test C in HRT Question

loki1423

Quick inquiry-

I've been on HRT for a few years- I started out with the gel, and very quickly went with injectable IM Testosterone Ethanate (250mg/ml)- I have a valid Rx from my doc and currently use ~1.5 ml/ every 2 weeks- adjustable based on blood levels.

I recently relocated to Vietnam from the States for work, and find that the local pharmacy has Testosterone Cyp. but no Testosterone Ethanate- no big deal, it's cheaper than what the Test Eth. cost me in the States, no prescription required- so I can dose myself at a level that I want.

I'm planning on upping my Testosterone dosage as I am recovering from a spine injury and a few other injuries that derailed my health for a few years, but now am at a point where I can get into the gym and make progress without too much risk of re-injury or irritating old injuries, and I figure some assistance from added Testosterone can't hurt getting me back into shape.

Aside from molecular structural differences, does anyone have any insight / preference on Testosterone Cyp. vs. Testosterone Ethanate? I can get either / both at this point- the Ethanate is just a copay and freight to Vietnam, and the Cyp. is cheaper than my copay and available locally.

Thanks!

-Lance

My doc claims his patients prefer the "cyp" over the "enth" cause it lasts longer and a bit steadier...
The Enth is a tad stronger mg per mg...
There is 1 carbon atom difference between the two
So they are pretty close.

they are different by 1 carbon atom, I can't tell the difference. Some people swear they can. I am willing to bet those that can "feel" a difference could probably attribute it to other things like different diets.

My doc claims his patients prefer the "cyp" over the "enth" cause it lasts longer and a bit steadier...
The Enth is a tad stronger mg per mg...
There is 1 carbon atom difference between the two
So they are pretty close.

Just realized you pointed that out already :)

Back