Test Prop/Var/Mast-High BF%

Redraider

Hey guys wanted to get some opinions going here. I started a cycle of test prop/mast at 150 mg EOD. I have all things in place for PCT with Clomid/Nolva and have been running A-dex .05 EOD. I'm 6 weeks in and decided to add 50 mg of VAR ED for the remaining of the 12-16 week cycle.

I jumped the gun on this cycle because I didn't realize that my bf was so high (21%) based on calipers from the trainer at the gym (not completely accurate). Anyways, my strength is great and my lifts are up; however, I am gaining weight and feel fat/bloated and honestly look like an ex athlete who hasn't trained in several years.

So ultimately I should have gotten my BF% to sub 15% before starting this cycle.

Where should I go with this? I mean the strength is nice but walking around like a fat man REALLY sucks.

Weight-205 lbs
BF: 21 %
Cycle history: (1) cycle test prop, mast var-great results (this was 3 years ago)

I know its hard to do but I would like for my body weight/BF to go down while strength/stamina stays up-I want to be lean and mean (boxer physique).

What should I do with this miserable cycle that has turned into a bulking cycle? Stay on and restrict calories? Keep bulking? The majority of the weight is in my gut and ass!

Any and all opinons are appreciated!!

You can cut on any cycle.
It's your diet and (probably) e levels that are making you gain fat and retain water. Are you taking an ai?
Post your diet in the diet section for 3j to look at.

I'm using A dex @ .5 EOD.

Diet is basically Egg whites, tuna, chicken, avocados, vegetables..........I'm not really counting calories very strictly but I'm also not eating crap (never realy have).

Baffling.

Start tracking your macros. You can download "my fitness pal" app. Super easy to track that way.

Are you gaining fat or just retaining water?

Get bloodwork done. Check e levels.

Perhaps your masteron isn't legit? I.e. It may be test prop. That would put you over 900/wk of test and could lead to water retention. Just a possibility. Otherwise you got me....

Others will be more helpful.

Baffling.

Start tracking your macros. You can download "my fitness pal" app. Super easy to track that way.

Are you gaining fat or just retaining water?

Get bloodwork done. Check e levels.

Perhaps your masteron isn't legit? I.e. It may be test prop. That would put you over 900/wk of test and could lead to water retention. Just a possibility. Otherwise you got me....

Others will be more helpful.

Yeah, blood work is going to happen soon. I've been on a roller coaster of being lethargic on JUST TEST on this cycle as well as have switched brands a few times. I'm now running Test prop 200 mg/ml @ .06 approximately 120 mg EOD.

I believe my E2 was elevated last week because I had major bloat, throbbing veins in my head, and no ability to do cardio. Therefore I dropped the test to 120 mg EOD and upped the A dex to .05 EOD.

Would it be reasonable to have my goal to be a lean/muscular 190 lbs (down 15 lbs) ? Or should I be thinking more along the lines of cut vs. bulk?

I REALLY WANT TO GET MY DAMN WAIST LINE DOWN.....

Thanks for your help

IMOP you jumped the gun. Your BF% is / was much too hi for doing a cycle. WE tell everyone not to do this for a reason and as you see it has led to complications.

So really I would come off and as everyone says get your diet on point too loose weight with lifting and cardio. You are not just holding water but as you know you have too much fat hence BF% @ 21. Thee only way to loose BF is to burn it off so you must raise your cardio. I mean isn't this just Simple Simon and basic.

You do not need AAS to lose the BF.

IMOP you jumped the gun. Your BF% is / was much too hi for doing a cycle. WE tell everyone not to do this for a reason and as you see it has led to complications.

So really I would come off and as everyone says get your diet on point too loose weight with lifting and cardio. You are not just holding water but as you know you have too much fat hence BF% @ 21. Thee only way to loose BF is to burn it off so you must raise your cardio. I mean isn't this just Simple Simon and basic.

You do not need AAS to lose the BF.

Yes you are correct- The best E2 inhibitor is low BF. I mean I feel like I'm just now getting dialed in and am essentially gaining good quality muscle, so I feel like I should ride it out for a month (Or I'd like too). I'm thinking I'll get to 15% QUICK with/without AAS.

Regardless if on/off AAS I need to focus on Diet/workout plan. Just seems like a waste to drop the cycle now....

Yes you are correct- The best E2 inhibitor is low BF. I mean I feel like I'm just now getting dialed in and am essentially gaining good quality muscle, so I feel like I should ride it out for a month (Or I'd like too). I'm thinking I'll get to 15% QUICK with/without AAS.

Regardless if on/off AAS I need to focus on Diet/workout plan. Just seems like a waste to drop the cycle now....

know your macros mate. otherwise your weight loss goals are pure guess work. You need to know what your TDEE are and your calorie intake are....before you can set a weight loss goal

How tall are you?

I started a cycle 16 maybe 18 months ago at 28% (5'11- 245lbs, 44"waist) in 6 months I cut down to 205 ( I think I am at 20% now still) and 34/36" waist and benching 225 for 3 back to 20 reps. I got my diet under controll like yours is now, not optimized like some can do, I am reading on macro's though. I am going back at it to lose another 10 total body lbs and working to add a couple lbs of muscle durring this cut.

I liked cutting on cycle, I kept my Estro under control with same as you Adex EOD and used 25mg proviron ED. Only thing I didnt like is my cardio lacked pretty bad to where I would just incline walk to burn calories after my workouts.

Anyway good luck man

How tall are you?

I started a cycle 16 maybe 18 months ago at 28% (5'11- 245lbs, 44"waist) in 6 months I cut down to 205 ( I think I am at 20% now still) and 34/36" waist and benching 225 for 3 back to 20 reps. I got my diet under controll like yours is now, not optimized like some can do, I am reading on macro's though. I am going back at it to lose another 10 total body lbs and working to add a couple lbs of muscle durring this cut.

I liked cutting on cycle, I kept my Estro under control with same as you Adex EOD and used 25mg proviron ED. Only thing I didnt like is my cardio lacked pretty bad to where I would just incline walk to burn calories after my workouts.

Anyway good luck man

I'm 5ft 10in

I fully plan on dialing in my diet and will need to plan my workouts.

Is it reasonable to say that I could get from 205 to 185 with lean muscle and less BF this cycle?

I keep reading about people losing lots of weight on test alone and having incredible strength.

Whatever you do, just cut down first. The gains with starting AAS with a low BF compared to high BF is night and day difference. I started cycling at about 15% BF way back. Now I got down to 9%-10% the most (I say 9) and the strength gains and visual changes are incredible. Trust me, cut down then cycle. You won't regret it.

*****New members need to read the board rules before asking for source******

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 5ft 10in

I fully plan on dialing in my diet and will need to plan my workouts.

Is it reasonable to say that I could get from 205 to 185 with lean muscle and less BF this cycle?

I keep reading about people losing lots of weight on test alone and having incredible strength.

well there's no such thing as fatty muscle, so i assume you just mean plain old muscle.

you can get to 185 from 205 in about 8 weeks with just a good diet mate.

Progress update- I took the Test P down to about 120mg/EOD, Added Var @ 50 mg ED, and have been running mast at 100-150 EOD with A=dex @ .5 EOD. I changed up my workouts to consist of high reps, heart pumping, full body movements and I'm starting to lean out nicely (I'm working my tail off)......STRENGTH IS GREAT

I'm currently still at around 205 lbs., and I'm lethargic with no libido. Haven't checked my BF% but it HAS to have gone down drastically.

Any ideas on the lethargic and libido? Too much A dex? This cycle has been way complicated.....Could it be the gear (prop @ 200 mg/ml) or the A dex dosage? I just can't seem to get dialed in!!

Any suggestions? Maybe letro instead of A dex?

Also, I'm about to have to pop open my last bottle of mast....would it be better to keep it in my system or to wait until the last 2-3 weeks of the cycle when I am leaner?

Looking into where to have blood drawn....

this is why you dont run a cycle with higher bodyfat...

steroids are not magic pills.. you should have lost the weight naturally... if you cant do it naturally you cant do it on cycle

this is why you dont run a cycle with higher bodyfat...

steroids are not magic pills.. you should have lost the weight naturally... if you cant do it naturally you cant do it on cycle

I don't disagree with this logic; however, I had a death in the family in the middle of the cycle and ultimately I made a poor decision by trying to keep training/dieting/cycling............So the facts are here and I am where I am at. I'm not unhappy with my results I will just need guidance to help me finish this cycle out and begin PCT.

DROP MAST? Lethargy? Aromasin instead of A Dex? Sex Drive?

its actually possible that the mast + the adex is crashing your e2...

Interesting theory- I'm beginning to think anything over 300 mg/week prop bloats me up like a balloon. I.e. I started at 150/EOD and was having the veins in my temple throb/no energy/and a very hard time with cardio.

I know mast is not recommended in double digit body fat.......

the easiest way to figure things out is to not change anything and get a hormone panel done.. youll need total and free test.. plus e2...

Back